ToonToon, 19 Jan 2017Does it support multi window features? please reply. No out-of-the-box. but there is apps in PlayStore. Soon, P2 will be upgraded to Nougat which has the split-screen features by default.
GaganAhuja, 20 Jan 2017there is definately a microphone issue on p2....lenovo already knows about it...they might can... moreIt is NOT hardware. It's the NOISE CANCELLING MIC that EXCESSIVELY suppressed ambient noise as well as the main mic; which is not supposed to happen. After record the video, try to playback with high volume. We will notice the correct audio in the first 0.5 seconds. But after that, the audio is low due to NOISE CANCELLING MIC kicks in EXCESSIVELY. An OTA should be able to fix this bug. The same issue also happens to Moto M. However, Moto G4 Plus does not have this issue. So, LeMoto just need to study back the NOISE CANCELLING MIC algorithm of Moto G4 Plus and apply it to both Moto M and P2.
Hussain, 21 Jan 2017Hi, can any one tell me whether this phone has gorilla glass or not, wifi direct or screen cast.1) It's confirmed to have Corning Gorilla Glass (3.0....?) as highlighted in YouTube below (Timeline 17:32)
2) There is WiFi Direct.
3) There is Super-Cast service for P2. However, it is NOT compatible with certain MiraCast channel.
is it has any network problem in india (specialy jio) please reply i want to buy. i asked this question because lenovo k3 has network isue with jio
Hussain, 21 Jan 2017Hi, can any one tell me whether this phone has gorilla glass or not, wifi direct or screen cast.The phone doesn't have any gorilla glass. you need to take extra care about your screen. one way to protect your display is to put some tempered glass!
Hi, can any one tell me whether this phone has gorilla glass or not, wifi direct or screen cast.
Is screen cast available in P2, what about Gorilla Glass, I am from India, please please reply to my queries
Aldrin Vaz, 20 Jan 2017So far awesome. feels like a premium phone. A lot better than my Samung Note 3 Neo which was a... moreThanks Aldrin Vaz. Maybe because Lenovo P2 came in India later than in Europe it could be the reason you don't have issues with microfone. Your phone could be from another batch wich has the microfon fixed. I guess.
LIV, 19 Jan 2017Aldrin Vaz, how is your experience with P2. Any problems so far? Are you having problem with s... moreSo far awesome. feels like a premium phone. A lot better than my Samung Note 3 Neo which was a gud phone but with poor/horrible battery life.
There is no sound recording problem in my phone. checked again before posting now....superb battery backup.....last charge got (52 hrs) i.e 2 days 4hrs battery backup with 12 hrs screen time and still battery was at 19% when i charged it today early morning. Now at 9pm its at 68% with heavy usage on 3G. no much of wifi today.
If ur thinking of buying this phone plz remember it costs only 18K (in India)...Its the best smartphone from Lenovo at present. U will get a gud premium phone with extraordinary battery life but dont expect a Iphone 7 or Samsung S7 at this price.
Latvis, 20 Jan 2017Does anyone know how to disable spell-checking/word suggestion in Lenovo P2 default SMS sendin... moreFirst go to setting>language and input >selected keyboard like Android keyboard >advance setting > auto correction > click on off
Ashish, 19 Jan 2017anyone pleae tell that it supports JIO video calling. is the preinstalled app are removable or not.someone kindly answer this
Does anyone know how to disable spell-checking/word suggestion in Lenovo P2 default SMS sending app?
Its very annoying thing and completely slows down writing sms (my default language is not even english). I want it completely off.
Not sure maybe its my Swiftkey keyboard doing this, I'm not sure, will investigate later.
LIV, 19 Jan 2017Aldrin Vaz, how is your experience with P2. Any problems so far? Are you having problem with s... moreI encounter all problem below already tried the fix, not working, will visit Service Centre soon.
TLDR and copy from Lowyat.Net Forum:-
Bug 1: Low audio when record videos.
- Worldwide "issue".
- It's a double edged sword feature. The Noise Cancelling Mic over-powered the main mic when recording videos. In an extreme noisy environment (eg. inside LRT cabin), the noise cancelling mic plays a good role by cancelling the ambient noise and focusing the conversation between you and your partner as well as public announcement audio is crystal clear. However, when recording a concert, all audio is suppressed until the singer's audio is distorted.
Bug 2: WhatsApp Audio is tiny.
- Same explanation as previous Bug 1.
Bug 3 : Rotation Intermittently Stop Working.
- It happens randomly and without any reasons.
- Can be overcome by lock the device, wait for 10 seconds and unlock back.
- However, I may have solved this bug. I just went back to the Settings > Accessibility > Auto-rotate screen > Off. Then, immediately, go to Settings > Display > When Device is Rotated > Choose "Rotate the contents of the screen". I've monitored this effect for the past 5 days. No more auto-rotate issue since the above actions.
Bug 4 : Push Notifications Not Working after Device is in Deep Sleep.
- Many owners worldwide faced this issue. My unit seems not affected.
- One owner install "Disable Doze" app from PlayStore and claimed to have solve this issue. Battery is not much affected it seems. Refer to LeMoto P2 Official Forum for more details.
All the above is merely software bugs and "should" be solved by OTA(s).
Hardware Issue 1 : External Speaker Excessive Distortion.
- At above 75% volume, the external speaker sound tends to distorted. My unit doesn't have this issue.
Hardware Issue 2 : Camera Break.
- Worldwide but not common.
- Unknown reasons.
- After certain activity/task, when launching the camera app, an error message "Can't Connect to the Camera" and/or "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped".
- Hard reset doesn't solve the camera break issue, and sending to Service Centre is the best options.
I receive this "Camera Unable To Connect" or random crash whenever I use whatsapp to take pictures. Already try the fix below, but no diff.
there is definately a microphone issue on p2....lenovo already knows about it...they might can improve this but not copletely 100%....it seems hardware issue... i will wait for lenovo to fix this and update it.
I want to buy either Lenovo P2 or OnePlus2. However little confused. What do you suggest?
Aldrin Vaz, 19 Jan 2017Lenovo should have priced both P2 models 2K less respectively. No doubt Redmi Note 4 is a valu... morern4 advantages.
a ir blaster. control all the ir equiped household items like tv. ac. camera. washing machine.
4gb ram for 6k less
extra 32 gb storage vs p2
no burn in problems
larger pixels than p2. thats it
but it is more value for money phone
anyone pleae tell that it supports JIO video calling. is the preinstalled app are removable or not.