I want to buy either Lenovo P2 or OnePlus2. However little confused. What do you suggest?
Aldrin Vaz, 19 Jan 2017Lenovo should have priced both P2 models 2K less respectively. No doubt Redmi Note 4 is a valu... morern4 advantages.
a ir blaster. control all the ir equiped household items like tv. ac. camera. washing machine.
4gb ram for 6k less
extra 32 gb storage vs p2
no burn in problems
larger pixels than p2. thats it
but it is more value for money phone
anyone pleae tell that it supports JIO video calling. is the preinstalled app are removable or not.
Aldrin Vaz, 19 Jan 2017Lenovo should have priced both P2 models 2K less respectively. No doubt Redmi Note 4 is a valu... moreAldrin Vaz, how is your experience with P2. Any problems so far? Are you having problem with sound recording like many users are complaining?
Lenovo should have priced both P2 models 2K less respectively. No doubt Redmi Note 4 is a value for money phone at 13K (4GB, 64 GB model) but P2 is overall a better more premium phone.
Lenovo P2 vs Redmi Note 4 (almost similar spec)
Main disadvantage is 32GB vs 64GB internal storage in note 4 at lesser price.
Advantages of investing 5K more.
1. Brand. Lenovo is a better & popular (2 line mobile) brand atleast in India having brands like Motorola and other electronic products as compared to lesser known brand Xiaomi even though Xiaomi sell more than other top big popular mobile brands.
2. Battery. 5100mah vs 4100mah. Exactly 1000 mah more makes quite a lot of difference.
3. Display - Super Amoled vs IPS....again more power efficient & better display lpus ultra smooth touch..also looks premium.
4. Reverse Charging.
5. Quick / Rapid Charger
7. Both have same abv avg camera spec but Lenovo P2 will b better than Redmi Note 4 for normal user and conditions. (most redmi phones cams r just avg / bad)
8. Very premium build quality than note 4. P2 doesnt look like a budget smartphone from any angle. Also feels gud in hand.
9. Even with 1000mah more battery slimmer (8.3mm vs 8.45mm) and just 12 grams more than note 4.
10. Front finger print scanner which is actually useful when we start using it. also convenient when we keep the phone on a flat surface
Overall Redmi Note 4 is a value for money budget package but Lenovo P2 has its own strength and class. P2 is a more premium phone than Note 4 in many ways.
Purchased Lenovo P2 on launch day itself. Planning to buy Redmi Note 4 for wife (not very sure though)
ls1951, 18 Jan 2017 I got my P2 on Sunday Jan 15 and started using it immediately. I am satisfied with the P2 esp... moreYou are so right, here in UK on payg most offer only 500MB data pack as standard so you would owe company 1.5GB of data money which is a lot of money. I cannot understand 2 things which is why things are switched on out of box like you say and why when they pushing super fast downloads they offer us 500MB.
They want us to enjoy smartphones yet they give us poxy data packages and rubbish battery. So we end up with rubbish smartphone because they tell us to switch this off or dim the screen, then we have to limit the fun because of silly data packages. It is 2017 it is about time the networks/phone manufacturers caught up with real life.
Review for Lenovo P2 from Gsmarena will be ready within approximately one week. At least that's what they told me.
Just got this phone I'm very impressed with the battery so far.
some1 share his review about camera and performance, games. and which are the bad thing in this p2. i know all the good points.
@Chlastek: wow, THANKS! I would never guessed to press in that place. Indeed all needed info is there. Cooool !
Latvis, 18 Jan 2017Is it just some setting which I need to enable or is there really not possible to see call len... moreDon't worry. I gave also noticed it but it turned out that nothing is wrong, just the way to do it is non-intuitive .You have to press excatly at the letter in a circle before a name and then choose "call log."
I got my P2 on Sunday Jan 15 and started using it immediately. I am satisfied with the P2 especially the battery. However, I would like to share few things with other users.
1. Default settings allow many apps to use net in the background and i realized it after loosing 2 GB of net pack and talk time worth Rs. 500. This should be taken care and user should be allowed to select which apps will have access to net in the background.
2. Creation of new contact and searching an existing contact is not at all user friendly. Designers should look at how this is done by other manufacturers. This comment is based on the facility provided in a Samsung phone which i am using.
3. User guide is not very helpful. A detailed user guide for bundled apps should be provided.
4. A simple Memo app to store some information may be provided. Evernote is having too many features for ordinary users.
5. User should be able to selectively hide / un hide apps based on usage.
Is it just some setting which I need to enable or is there really not possible to see call length in lenovo default dialer app??? Very strange.
I searched internet and found nothing expect that some pointed out that in other phones you can usually see call length and other info about call if you long press on it. When I do that on P2 its start to call that person and don't show any addition info :(
Mind blowing mobile...much better than crap Moto Z play....must go for this if anyone planning to buy...!!!
Took my Lenovo P2 from charger at 100% at 3 am today, now at 8.30pm (after 17.30 hrs) with 3h 15min screen time & 13h 44min standby my charge is still at 73%.
so its confirmed for moderate user it will give 3 days battery backup.
Super Heavy users it will atleast get 1.5 days of battery backup for sure.
Dobri3939, 17 Jan 2017Do you do a difference between ultrapixel and mega pixel ?I purchased HTC M8 after considering all the technical description of 4 ultrapixel.......I also trusted some reviews here which turned out to be fake after we actually started using HTC M8......horrible camera for a flagship....even a budget phone has better cam......They changed it to a 13 MP cam when they released HTC M8 Eye in India but dont know abt its clarity coz non of my friends had it ....
it seems that the battery is a bargain on this phone but any reviews about the camera? lets say compared it whit samsung s3 how is it
I am looking for a mid range mobile and have short listed P2. In a review, of the same, it has ben mentioned that, if 4G is configured on one sim, the other sim will have to be set on 2G.
My question is, can this mobile run both sims in combination of 4G and 3G? Incase, if 4G internet does not work, I don't want to remain helpless with the slow speed of 2G.