LIV, 19 Jan 2017Aldrin Vaz, how is your experience with P2. Any problems so far? Are you having problem with s... moreI encounter all problem below already tried the fix, not working, will visit Service Centre soon.
TLDR and copy from Lowyat.Net Forum:-
Bug 1: Low audio when record videos.
- Worldwide "issue".
- It's a double edged sword feature. The Noise Cancelling Mic over-powered the main mic when recording videos. In an extreme noisy environment (eg. inside LRT cabin), the noise cancelling mic plays a good role by cancelling the ambient noise and focusing the conversation between you and your partner as well as public announcement audio is crystal clear. However, when recording a concert, all audio is suppressed until the singer's audio is distorted.
Bug 2: WhatsApp Audio is tiny.
- Same explanation as previous Bug 1.
Bug 3 : Rotation Intermittently Stop Working.
- It happens randomly and without any reasons.
- Can be overcome by lock the device, wait for 10 seconds and unlock back.
- However, I may have solved this bug. I just went back to the Settings > Accessibility > Auto-rotate screen > Off. Then, immediately, go to Settings > Display > When Device is Rotated > Choose "Rotate the contents of the screen". I've monitored this effect for the past 5 days. No more auto-rotate issue since the above actions.
Bug 4 : Push Notifications Not Working after Device is in Deep Sleep.
- Many owners worldwide faced this issue. My unit seems not affected.
- One owner install "Disable Doze" app from PlayStore and claimed to have solve this issue. Battery is not much affected it seems. Refer to LeMoto P2 Official Forum for more details.
All the above is merely software bugs and "should" be solved by OTA(s).
Hardware Issue 1 : External Speaker Excessive Distortion.
- At above 75% volume, the external speaker sound tends to distorted. My unit doesn't have this issue.
Hardware Issue 2 : Camera Break.
- Worldwide but not common.
- Unknown reasons.
- After certain activity/task, when launching the camera app, an error message "Can't Connect to the Camera" and/or "Unfortunately, Camera has stopped".
- Hard reset doesn't solve the camera break issue, and sending to Service Centre is the best options.
I receive this "Camera Unable To Connect" or random crash whenever I use whatsapp to take pictures. Already try the fix below, but no diff.
there is definately a microphone issue on p2....lenovo already knows about it...they might can improve this but not copletely 100%....it seems hardware issue... i will wait for lenovo to fix this and update it.
I want to buy either Lenovo P2 or OnePlus2. However little confused. What do you suggest?
Aldrin Vaz, 19 Jan 2017Lenovo should have priced both P2 models 2K less respectively. No doubt Redmi Note 4 is a valu... morern4 advantages.
a ir blaster. control all the ir equiped household items like tv. ac. camera. washing machine.
4gb ram for 6k less
extra 32 gb storage vs p2
no burn in problems
larger pixels than p2. thats it
but it is more value for money phone
anyone pleae tell that it supports JIO video calling. is the preinstalled app are removable or not.
Aldrin Vaz, 19 Jan 2017Lenovo should have priced both P2 models 2K less respectively. No doubt Redmi Note 4 is a valu... moreAldrin Vaz, how is your experience with P2. Any problems so far? Are you having problem with sound recording like many users are complaining?
Lenovo should have priced both P2 models 2K less respectively. No doubt Redmi Note 4 is a value for money phone at 13K (4GB, 64 GB model) but P2 is overall a better more premium phone.
Lenovo P2 vs Redmi Note 4 (almost similar spec)
Main disadvantage is 32GB vs 64GB internal storage in note 4 at lesser price.
Advantages of investing 5K more.
1. Brand. Lenovo is a better & popular (2 line mobile) brand atleast in India having brands like Motorola and other electronic products as compared to lesser known brand Xiaomi even though Xiaomi sell more than other top big popular mobile brands.
2. Battery. 5100mah vs 4100mah. Exactly 1000 mah more makes quite a lot of difference.
3. Display - Super Amoled vs IPS....again more power efficient & better display lpus ultra smooth touch..also looks premium.
4. Reverse Charging.
5. Quick / Rapid Charger
7. Both have same abv avg camera spec but Lenovo P2 will b better than Redmi Note 4 for normal user and conditions. (most redmi phones cams r just avg / bad)
8. Very premium build quality than note 4. P2 doesnt look like a budget smartphone from any angle. Also feels gud in hand.
9. Even with 1000mah more battery slimmer (8.3mm vs 8.45mm) and just 12 grams more than note 4.
10. Front finger print scanner which is actually useful when we start using it. also convenient when we keep the phone on a flat surface
Overall Redmi Note 4 is a value for money budget package but Lenovo P2 has its own strength and class. P2 is a more premium phone than Note 4 in many ways.
Purchased Lenovo P2 on launch day itself. Planning to buy Redmi Note 4 for wife (not very sure though)
ls1951, 18 Jan 2017 I got my P2 on Sunday Jan 15 and started using it immediately. I am satisfied with the P2 esp... moreYou are so right, here in UK on payg most offer only 500MB data pack as standard so you would owe company 1.5GB of data money which is a lot of money. I cannot understand 2 things which is why things are switched on out of box like you say and why when they pushing super fast downloads they offer us 500MB.
They want us to enjoy smartphones yet they give us poxy data packages and rubbish battery. So we end up with rubbish smartphone because they tell us to switch this off or dim the screen, then we have to limit the fun because of silly data packages. It is 2017 it is about time the networks/phone manufacturers caught up with real life.
Review for Lenovo P2 from Gsmarena will be ready within approximately one week. At least that's what they told me.
Just got this phone I'm very impressed with the battery so far.
some1 share his review about camera and performance, games. and which are the bad thing in this p2. i know all the good points.
@Chlastek: wow, THANKS! I would never guessed to press in that place. Indeed all needed info is there. Cooool !
Latvis, 18 Jan 2017Is it just some setting which I need to enable or is there really not possible to see call len... moreDon't worry. I gave also noticed it but it turned out that nothing is wrong, just the way to do it is non-intuitive .You have to press excatly at the letter in a circle before a name and then choose "call log."
I got my P2 on Sunday Jan 15 and started using it immediately. I am satisfied with the P2 especially the battery. However, I would like to share few things with other users.
1. Default settings allow many apps to use net in the background and i realized it after loosing 2 GB of net pack and talk time worth Rs. 500. This should be taken care and user should be allowed to select which apps will have access to net in the background.
2. Creation of new contact and searching an existing contact is not at all user friendly. Designers should look at how this is done by other manufacturers. This comment is based on the facility provided in a Samsung phone which i am using.
3. User guide is not very helpful. A detailed user guide for bundled apps should be provided.
4. A simple Memo app to store some information may be provided. Evernote is having too many features for ordinary users.
5. User should be able to selectively hide / un hide apps based on usage.
Is it just some setting which I need to enable or is there really not possible to see call length in lenovo default dialer app??? Very strange.
I searched internet and found nothing expect that some pointed out that in other phones you can usually see call length and other info about call if you long press on it. When I do that on P2 its start to call that person and don't show any addition info :(
Mind blowing mobile...much better than crap Moto Z play....must go for this if anyone planning to buy...!!!
Took my Lenovo P2 from charger at 100% at 3 am today, now at 8.30pm (after 17.30 hrs) with 3h 15min screen time & 13h 44min standby my charge is still at 73%.
so its confirmed for moderate user it will give 3 days battery backup.
Super Heavy users it will atleast get 1.5 days of battery backup for sure.