Hey guys! can anyone help/guide me regarding the multitasking.I'm unable to use 2 apps at same time. My P2 is currently on 6.0
Just to contribute my 2 cents of experience with buying the Lenovo P2:
- Slightly heavier than my old phone, but used to it already.
- Camera quality acceptable, (but not quite as crystal as the likes of Samsung, Pixel etc.)
- Only two type of phone styles - all black, or all gold
- Note: I chose to buy the Chinese variant P2C72 in order to get the 64GB internal storage version. (We can insert a 256GB SD card to boost storage in any of the variants, but some programs need the internal storage available on the phone
- As a result of getting the Chinese variant, the range of available 4G/LTE bands applicable to where I live (Australia) is slightly reduced. I will explain further down.
- Despite being the Chinese variant, I have experienced very high 4G+ speeds in both city and rural areas of Melbourne Australia (>55 mb/s 4G download speed while inside a dense apartment block)
- The seller on EBAY pre-loaded the P2C72 with P2a42-ROW firmware (non-China), and the auto-updates ensured the device is running and synchronised with Google and Google maps etc
- High DPI super AMOLED - anything above this DPI (401) is difficult for the user to notice
- Fast charging
- Front mounted fingerprint reader - very Samsung reminiscent
- Very Good quality speaker / loudspeaker
- Highly responsive device, suitable for gaming
- Fast processer - able to handle multiple apps easily
- Excelent power saving switch on the side - kills all unwanted apps and puts device in to "extreme battery saver mode"
- Excellent battery life - I am a frequent phone user and my old phone would last me less than 4 hours use. This phone lasts 12h plus usage
- I accidentally dropped the phone from shoulder height on to stone tiles, without any phone cover or screen protector. A couple of tiny scratches on the side of the phone, and the phone works just as well as ever
- Worth buying - a very good phone!!
Regarding the Chinese variant - the Australian LTE bands this phone is missing include bands 28 and 7 (Optus & Telstra use these bands), and band 5 (Vodaphone). However, I found that 99% of the time I am connected to 4G+ with most or all bars of signal strength. I put this down to the Chinese variant supporting the important 4G bands for use in Australia; being bands 40, 3, and 1. As previously mentioned - excellent speed. I am on the road a lot, and found no problem in 4G network coverage across urban and a few country areas. (If you want to get all the Australian bands, just buy the P2a42 version.)
The only contender that might come close to this device is the ASUS 553KL, Taiwan version, but that one has a higher price, and has a rear mounted fingerprint sensor.
The reviews I have read so far depict this to be one of the more outstanding types of Lenovo, and so far I have had no hanging, no lagging between tasks or during programs, no overheating or warmth, no problems to speak of so far. A good phone all round, and exactly what I was looking for.
rohan raut, 09 Sep 20173gb varient or 4gbI am currently using 3GB variant. If you can buy 4GB variant then it would be more future proof.
AnonD-618696, 08 Sep 2017Trust me, you won't regret buying Lenovo P2. CheersI m regretting...finger print scanner stopped working after two days suddenly! Don't buy this bullshit lenovo mobiles
AnonD-699152, 10 Sep 2017Fast charging is not workingJust bcoz of 24w rapid chrger...it fst chrge your phone...bt aso it bcome litil bit warm....so...for controling the device from heat....after 90% p2 stop its fast chrging..and chrge normly....its only for your device protection
Maximillion, 12 Sep 2017My fingerprint sensor just suddenly stop working any assistanceFirst of all...move all fingerprint lock....then turn of you mobile simply...then put finger print...as before you done...then its properly working
Been using this phone for 4 months now and this my conclusion.. The pro and con for this devices
- Quite a heavy devise
- Camera quality not great but acceptable
- No update to oreo so far
- Only two type of colors
- Not type C usb charger
- Dual hybrid Sim / mem card
- Beautiful super amoled display
- Can record 4k video
- Fast charging
- Accurate fingerprint scanner
- Very Good quality speaker
- Good responsive device suitable for most mid to high-end game
- Scrolling web browsing almost the best, smooth
- The Best power management now and battery life was amazing
- Worth every penny!!
So hope this will help you out there to get a little more information about this phone. I would recommend anyone to buy this device.. But if you more on camera then this device may not satisfy your needs but this device can take good picture but there's better out there. Overall 9/10 considering all aspects including the price.
AnonD-403803, 04 Sep 2017anyone got an idea which is better among lenovo p2 , infinix zero 4 plus and infinix note 4 pro ? P2
I have a p2c72 model. It doesn't available band 20. Can we activate this band?
Anonymous, 11 Sep 2017From which site did you ordered for P2. In Flipkart its about 13kThere was a huge discount in flipkart for p2. That time it costs only 10k for 3gb ram
AnonD-699270, 11 Sep 2017Dear Jonsnow,
I got many phones, but P2's battery life makes it stick in my hand and no need ... moreYes you are right about the battery
No phone will ever beat this battery beast
I personally don't mind too much if a phone holds good for a whole day, and has quick charge to top it off at night
You are also right about the pure Android on P2, but this phone ain't getting any more OS updates, so you will be stuck with Nougat
The custom ROM scene is also not very good with P2, there are no bug-free ROMs out there
azhar75, 27 Aug 2017Already solved in the latest firmware Nougat S244...do i have to make factory reset to avoid any problem or no need for it ?
Anonymous, 11 Sep 2017I've been going through the reviews of a lot of devices over the past few weeks, intending to ... moreSuper Like to that comment mate.. Would definitely and absolutely love that.. Will buy it on the day it is launched..
AnonD-550862, 10 Sep 2017Thinking about trading in my P2 for Xiaomi A1
Your thoughts guys ??
The super amoled screen ... moreDear Jonsnow,
I got many phones, but P2's battery life makes it stick in my hand and no need to let go of it for too long for charging. BTW, it's system is already very "pure".
I've been going through the reviews of a lot of devices over the past few weeks, intending to replace my current smartphone. Loved reading about the P2. My only worry is that it's nearly a year since this phone was announced. Any information on whether P3 is getting released soon? Just a wish, Lenovo, if you're reading this. Lenovo P3 as an AndroidOne device with Oreo will be too good to resist.