Lennovo p770 doesnt have digital compass,therefore will it show problem with google map,if yes please tell.
why most of lenovo phones don't have digital compass? really so pathetic!! cuz it's very important for someone who like travels.
Yash, 12 Mar 2013Yessss..Google play is available,great battery backup,amazing functionality,good ear phones pr... moreHi frnd u us this mobile hw is cmra quality? this phone play temple run 2 etc...?this phone over weight? phone speaker sound,ear phone,phone perfomance..etc.... overall phone is good r bad?plz rply me...and how is net,browsing performance plz rply me...plz rply me...and whr u buy?
Desilva, 12 Mar 2013IS google play is available in india for this lenovo p770 phone.. please do reply,,, i am plan... moreyes, the indian version has google play and I am using the phone and quite happy. ofcourse - battery backup is the best part :)
Yessss..Google play is available,great battery backup,amazing functionality,good ear phones provided although,very good speaker clarity and u could charge other phones with ur P770..Fell in love totally for its features and performance @ cheaper price..:)
[deleted post]it is available in online shopping sites like ebay,maniacstore,adexmart,sulekha mobiles..etc starting from rs 14000.but still not available in most genuine sites like infibeam,flipkart......!
IS google play is available in india for this lenovo p770 phone.. please do reply,,, i am planning to buy this phone..
AnonD-101454, 10 Mar 2013hi frnd hw is camera qualityHey have done a review after 2 days of use. Please let me know if anything more than the camera you want to know. Will try to cover it in the next piece of review.
how the camera quality of lenovo p770 at both photos and vidio and also f facing.
how display clearity?, touch is smooth? it has light sensor, compass ?
the scree is scratch resistance?
how its music quality also radio quality and headset quality? there is a problem in headset microfone?
how overall performance and spee of divice ? how its gaming experiance.
This post should be very good for all those who are sitting on the fence whether to buy this phone or not.
Now friends this post is going to be little long. When I was looking forward for a smart phone for myself I got maximum help from gsmarena. So after purchasing my smart phone thought of returning back something good to this site.
Was looking forward for an upgrade from my humble dual sim Motorola EX115 which served me good for last 2 years and still going strong. But now started feeling to upgrade to a nice Smart Phone.
Here was my wish list in smart phone priority wise
1) Good GPS Support for navigation purpose.
2) Decent battery life. Ready to charge the phone once in the morning but not throughout the day in office.
3) Dual Sim. Have a habit of having two SIM's for travaelling purposes.
4) Atleast Tri band if not Quad Band for travelling.
5) OS Jelly Bean or ICS if Android. Windows 8 if Windows. IOS not an issue as its easily upgradeable.
6) Decent camera for taking photos of discussion board in office.
7) Budget of 20,000 INR as will be purchasing a tablet too soon.
First it was time to select one of IOS, Windows or Android Phone
IOS: IPhone 4 is available from USA at approx 25,000 INR. Its upgradeable to IOS 6. This seemed to be a nice buy. Cancelled it as planning to purchase IPad Mini once it gets the Retina Display. So no IOS phone.
Windows: Some friends in office purchased Windows phone but were not very happy with the apps available. After working for 10 hours daily on Windows PC for work wanted something different as well.
So it was decided that the phone will be Android based.
Following phones were finalised and eventually not selected.
Micromax Canvas 2 HD
+ Amazing specification.
- Non exsiting or below standard GPS support. Got first hand review from 2 of my friends.
Not Selected as basic criterion of navigation was not met.
Swipe Telecom MTV Volt
+ Big Display
+ Dual Sim
+ Decent Specs
+ MTV Branding
- Facebook page comments on this page.
Almost finalised this phone. Just casually was surfing through their FB page. Was surprised to find people complaining that these people have even shut down their service centres. So cancelled it at the last moment.
Samsung Grand Duos
+ Amazing Specs.
+ Meeting almost all my criteria.
+ Confidence in Samsung brand.
- PPI Pixel Density is 187 which is little low.
- Did not like the big icons on the phone.
Samsung S Duos
+ Decent Specs
+ Low price
- 1500 mah battery
Thought the 1500 mah battery may not last one day of typical use.
Google Nexus 4
+ Very good specs
+ Google support
+ Price tag of just 300$ + taxes which should have been close to 17,000 INR
- Surprisingly no negatives found.
One thing was decided will be selecting one of Samsung, LG, Sony or HTC.
Encounted with Lenovo P770 and S890
No where on the web I heard of these phones. One day went to a big mobile retail shop where I saw S890 display at around 16,000 INR. This things caught my attention.
+ 5 Inch display
+ Very good looks
+ Jelly Bean
+ Dual Sim.
So came back home and did some research on Lenovo phones.
S890 and P770 were than short listed.
Somehow felt Lenovo is a brand which can be trusted as they are very strong players of Laptops in India. So its not a company which will be shutting down and running out soon.
Biggest problem on these phones is they dont have Compass and Gyroscope and it some time for me to ignore this two aspects and to go ahead with the purchase.
Finally selected P770 on following points and their first impression after 2 days of use.
1) Maps pre installed. My phone is able to catch a GPS lock within few minutes.
2) 3500 mah battery. This phone can easily last a day of typical usage and surpass it easily.
3) Dual Sim as I wanted it.
4) Its Tri Band should be able to use in various places. It does not support 850 Mhz.
5) Cost with 8 GB micro SD card close to around 14,000 INR.
6) Camera is good. Has a powerful LED which will allow your to take good pictures inside your home or office. Even outside pics are clear.
7) On the Go cable. This feature is a bonus but may be handy sometimes.
8) 4.5 Inch screen with 245 PPI is good enough for me.
- You tube videos looks amazing.
- Chrome browser is a gem to work with. Sites open flawlessly.
- Facebook and Twitter can be used extensively without worrying much about battery.
- The specifications states the talk time to be nearing 30 hours. But even charging the phone to 100% the power app shows only 10 Hours of talk time.
- No screen protection available in many hops as it is not a very famous model.
- No Compass means u cannot know where you are facing.
- No Gyroscope means u cannot play Temple Run 2 by tilting your phone.
- No Barometer. Dont know its real use but this sensor was present in Google Nexus 4.
- Web site mentions stand by time of 600 hours but even after full charge the battery app shows me only near to 340 hours of standby time.
Things to try out:
- On the go cable not tried yet.
- 3G calling.
- WiFi hotspot.
- How to direct the phone to store apps to internal SD or USB Data.
- Start using my 8 GB external micro SD Card.
Mond , 10 Mar 2013I am already using Lenovo P 770 for two days and here is my opinion guys : Battery:it try s... moreHi frnd hw is headphone quality...ur headphone mic is work?camera 5mp cmpr with samsung 5mp camera gd r bad?and totally this phone good r bad
I am already using Lenovo P 770 for two days and here is my opinion guys :
Battery:it try s really a great battery performance cause I tried to used the phone while the 3G connection is enabled and sometimes I used it as a WiFi Hotspot and guess what? Its more than 12 hours and yet I have still have a remaining 57% available for my battery. I don't think so that this could beat by any other phone .
Camera: well I used to have a phone with 8MP but using this phone with 5MP its quite good enough . Nevertheless the quality will depend on the way it will be printed.
Design : of course s890 is more advantage about its good design compared with P770
Performance: impressive!!! Compared to Samsung galaxy note with 1.4 dual core processor p770 is much better of with regarding to performance
I am from India and got this phone simply looking at the battery specification.
This is the battery specification provided on their website.
UPTO 30 HOURS OF TALK TIME.
After charging the phone to 100% the battery app showed following readings.
Call Available: 10 Hours
So there is a offset of approximately 20 hours from the specification.
Its a request to the other owners of this phone to verify their battery time after fully charging the phone. I am worried whether I was provided a fake battery by my dealer.
Once this is clarified will be providing a detailed review of this phone.