This is really wonderful mobile bad part is WiFi connecting is very bad.
Bought this cell a week back, its an awesome device.
works well in all aspects, battery lasts for upto 2 days with 3G on fulltime and medium usage (phone calls, net browsing , software updates and all, no games played)
The plus point is it has charger with 2Amp charging this charges the cell in much lesser time than other cells.
People say that it has issues using Whatsapp,here i want to add that the issue is not with the device, its with the access points your service providers have, just check with them and change the settings and its good to go...
Camera picture quality and video recording is just awesome. its sleek in design with cool metalic finish.
There are only two negative points
1. due to sleek and smooth finish, cell tends to slip from the palm at times.
2. The vibration is mild so wont be felt at times even if cell ringing in the pocket.
Aprart from this a great cell to have value for money.
Mrkoool, 15 Dec 2013Can we make 3g video call with the front camera? pls tell me,Yes of sure
does this phone lag ? like those super unbearable lag that u just want to smash the phone to the wall ?
Can we make 3g video call in this phone with front camera? pls anyone tell me about this.
Aliexpress website is full of "genuine Lenovo P780" with rear camera in the middle of the phone. Obviously these are all fakes?
Also, there is an issue of 3G with 900/2100 and only 2100. In my country I need also 900. SO its very hard to find some reliable Chinese supplier with good price for that phone (and also to guarantee both 9000 and 2100 mAh ) Any help?
Somebody said that it is not dual standby, really? What does that mean in practice?? (explaoin it please in comparison to dual standby)
Has anyone triend mount a 1tb hard drive on this phone? Does it read it? Tnx
The ascend mate can. Having almost similar battery capacity.
Hi every one -
is the screen protected by Corning Gorilla or any protection? please confirm
new, 14 Dec 2013can we update it to android kitkatI guess we can update to KitKat but will need to wait till when Lenovo decides to send us that update.
I heard Nexus and Sony already have that upgrade on some models .. LG is to follow soon.
I bought this phone on 8th November 2013; by seeing just the reviews of the phone however though everything is just perfect -- I am facing 3G and network related problems. My GSM service providers are Vodafone (Mumbai) and MTNL.
The network just goes on the blink and people calling me get a message that my number is out of coverage area. HCL service center are unable to solve this problem and they say that they are not facing this issue when they had retained the phone for inspection for over a week.
But besides that problem everything else is simply awesome and the Battery is Superb ... 4000 mAh and it lasts me for a good 2 days with heavy to very heavy usage -- (approx. 30-40 emails a day on 3 accounts, Whatsapp of nearly 12 hours a day, 3G browsing (when in network), Bluetooth Music streaming and talking with Bluetooth handsfree).
georgegr, 13 Dec 2013Is there a Notification Led?Yes there is .. to top of the phone just besides the Ear Piece
prayagsygnet, 13 Dec 2013Hi,
I have Lenovo P780 mobile & I have deleted some files for clean the internal memory, ... moreGoogle Talk has now been replaced by Google Hangouts. Same thing but with a Facelift. Hangouts applies by default for ICS and JellyBean and now KitKat.
Search for Hangouts in Google Play and you are good to go.
prayagsygnet, 13 Dec 2013Hi,
I have Lenovo P780 mobile & I have deleted some files for clean the internal memory, ... moreGoogle Talk has been replaced by Hangouts. You probably already have it or search in Google Play for HANGOUTS.
Its the same Google Talk with a facelift by Google.
My requirements from the Phone are : Good Battery life, Decently Sharp display, no lag/hangs, decent music quality and robust build... and email should work smoothly. Not in to too much of gaming however download too many applications
I bought this phone 3 days back and here is my experience with it so far... will keep posting more in subsequent days..
- Very Good Build Quality
- Though doesnt look stunning... but looks good for sure
- UI is very different and intuitive
- Well Battery... had disconnected it from charger ~30hrs back and its still more than 30% after being consistently on Wi Fi, Music, Calls and App downloads.... this is really wonderful.
- Music quality is also good.
- Display is sharp and refreshing... though not so great from side angles
- I am not able to get post call notification of balance etc on prepay number.. however installed USSD TO NOTIFICATION APP .. and restrated the phone.. it solves the purpose.
- Email is working perfect... 5-6 accounts at a time.
- So far no lags.
- Have struggled a bit on Google maps/GPS.. hopefully it will get smoother in future.
- Have faced minor issue of Wi Fi connectivity once... but not frequent.
- Internet browsing speed is also acceptable
- As the UI is differnt than most of the phone... you need to be a bit more patient to learn to handle it
- Appeared heavy on the first day.. however from 2nd day onwards.. i am habitual
All and all appears to be a really good Phone for Business professionals and is a practical phone....
Hope this will help you decide... more in next review... See yaaa.