I own a HTC desire 820 dual sim which could have been a perfect device if not for the battery drain. I received this phone on Tue 10th Nov 2016 and here are some observations.
- Exceptional Battery Backup - I spotted this phone on GSM Arena way back in Sept when it was announced while doing phone search with the battery capacity of above 3500 mah. True to its specs the phone performs as per expectations of a 5000 mah battery. With Heavy usage which included calling 30% of the time, SMS and Whatsapp 40 % of the time, , Fb 10% of the time and 20 % standby I could get 11 hrs of screen on time. Comparing it with one plus 2 i could get 3.5 hrs and on my desire 820 i could get 2.5 hrs max(all the time wifi and 3g data were on in all three devices). So exceptional and satisfies my purpose.
- Good Loud clear sound though as not good as HTC boom sound but it hardly matters. I can now hear my phone ringing on my bullet which was not possible earlier when i had to depend on vibration which was anyway cancelled out by the vibration on the bullet. I ended up missing calls while riding 90% of the time.
-Good screen quality- I have put it on super brightness mode as i don't have to worry about power. In the normal mode the screen is not effective in sunlight. No problems with super brightness mode.
- Good metallic feel and feels good to hold. Lenovo has not compromised on built quality this time around. I would like to point out that i have removed the plastic case given by lenovo as it gives a bulky feel to the phone with plastic case. without the plastic case it feel perfect to hold.
- Unlike many of the reviews here i have not experienced any heating issues during my regular usage of 3 days days now. Also i have no idea of how the phone feels when we play games on it as i use my phone strictly for calling, messaging and internet. I have a ps3 and a PC for satisfying my gaming desires at home. It only feels slightly warm during charging but thats ok for me as i let the phone charge peacefully. If you keep interrupting the phone while charging then the charging takes place slowly. without interruptions i was able to charge the phone from 4% to 100 % in slightly less than 1 and 15 mins.
- On the software front the vibe ui is difficult and the icons etc feel like that of a sub 10K phone. I installed Nova launcher and i am back to the stock android ui. With the nova launcher the phone interface feels goods but it does lack the crispiness of Oneplus 2 and desire 820. Over time i think i will get over it, as the benefits far exceed these minor hickups.
- I dont use the camera much, other than the occasional selfies or sunset pics but in my opinion it does the job of taking clear pics with minimum noise.
- One bug i found out which i would like the lenovo developers to address is when the sim 1 and sim 2 is active and i select sim 2 as default to make calls and sms, then suppose i disable sim 2 and then re enable it does not go back to sim 2 for making calls. This was possible with one plus 2 and Desire 820. Lenovo developers please address this issue. Its a minor fix that can be implemented immediately.
This is a good value phone with exceptional battery backup, good sound and screen quality which made me return my oneplue 2.
plz compare k3 note with vibe p1, k3 has 1.7 ghz,and vibe p1 have 1.5 ghz,then why vibe p1 has high price than k3
Its saying MICRO SD card uses a " sim 2 slot", so does it mean if am using two sims, cant i insert an sd card .??
Is Lenovo Vibe P1 is good in every field bcz I m going to buy this phone plz anyone suggest me who have used this phone..
I want to buy this mobile its good or bad....ths phne hav hanging prblm...plz tel me frndss
Johnson, 12 Nov 2015How much time it takes for full recharge?? From 0% to 100%...thanks Charges from 0 to 100% (5000mAh) in 80 minutes.
It's unbelievable for a battery this size!!! Super fast charging!
AnonD-462378, 12 Nov 2015Dual 4ghttp://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/lenovo-vibe-p1-2925
Battery draining faster and phone hanging a lot after the 38 MB update .
Was good too the 215 MB update .
Please provide fixor provide provision to roll back the update.
Also inform the fix or changes mafe for each update
AnonD-464942, 12 Nov 2015No but not confirmed about hardware inside , if software is this a lot changes can be done the... moreI'm not sure whether there is a problem with the camera hardware in the phone or not. To my knowledge and experience the camera is quite good for a midrange budget phone and as I said earlier, downloading a suitable Camera App from Playstore makes a definite improvement in the camera quality. As regards to 4G, I have only one 4G Sim of Airtel and have tried it out in sim position 1 and it's working well. Have not tried it in sim no.2.
AnonD-180806, 12 Nov 2015Is it support otg pen drive??Yes it supports OTG Pendrive and you can watch all downloaded movies from your Pendrive or transfer content to your Pendrive from the phones storage. I've already tried it out and it works very well.
AB, 12 Nov 2015Oh! i mean this is camera apps issue ? So why lenovo dose not provide an update about camera ?Lenovo vibe P1 is a budget midrange smartphone with excellent specs. For the price of Rs.16000/- one can't ask for everything. Let's be reasonable. The camera is quite good. Please download the camera app - CAMERA MX APP from Playstore and see the difference. There is definite improvement in the picture quality. Lenovo is definitely reading all the comments on various sites and in time will release a suitable update.(hopefully). In the meanwhile be content with what we have or else go in for a high end Phone in the range of Rs.25000/- to 35000/- to satisfy yourself.
which one is better for gaming and battery back up- vibe p1 or moto xplay?
very good phone to buy in 15 k, feel the beast in hand others will just like ants ......
I am using this phone since 10 days. Good. Download camera MX app, the camera works with this app better. I am happy with the phone. Power back up is very good.
raveesh , 11 Nov 2015I'm using Sony Xperia c3dual nd its 8 mp rear camera is very bad. Others features of this phon... moreif your priority is photos and videos then this is not the good phone. clarity is no that good. but coming to other features the phone is good