Anonymous, 14 Jan 2017its running on marshmellow after latest updateMarshmallow is old news.
MD, 11 Jan 2017Has anyone got any software update for Lenovo vibe P1 in this month? Please reply..its running on marshmellow after latest update
Using this phone for 1year and 1 month.
I would like to share my experience with this phone.
1. Excellent battery life ( the 5000mah battery of this phone give me more than 7 hours of Screen On Time with jio 4g , which is outstanding and i haven't seen anything like this in any other phones.)
2. Excellent fingerprint sensor ( i mentioned excellent because i have checked many other phones like redmi note 3 which is not responsive like this and redmi usually failed to recognize fingerprint for more than 3 times while the fingerprint of vibe p1 fails very rarely even once which may be coz of wet fingers)
3. Marshmallow update is just awesome and i feel improvement in performance. There is not much lag while multitasking with 3 or 4 apps like fb , WhatsApp etc.. and now we can register 5 fingers to unlock.
4. High volume Speakers . Speakers provide very high volume with good clarity. The placement of speakers to the bottom part is fantastic.
5. Otg support
6. Extra brightness option in settings which makes screen very brighter, i would say "brightest".
7. Customisable for data usage of apps
8. Fast charging. This is one of the best features. I am a heavy user and i barely have time to charge. I usually charge the phone while it reach 25 and unplug at 85 range. This charging cycle is best for the battery life. For this charging, my phone just take 50 or 55 minutes. My friend's phones with even 2500mah battery take more than 2.5 hours to charge while mine take about 1hours and 30 minutes to fully charge from 0%.
1. The phone is little bit heavy, but it is negligible while considering the beast batttery
2. Average camera. I have used 13 mp cam of honor and xiaomi phones which are better than this phone.
3. No fingerprint app lock features. But i am using a 3rd party app called Cm security which gives the option of locking apps using fingerprint. ( Prob solved)
4. Lower performance while comparing to xiaomi midrangers.
5. After marshmallow update it heats a little bit. Its not that much , but i mentioned it because i didn't find this little heat while at lollipop
I used phones like redmi note 3 , Huawei honor 4x and 5x, moto x play etc and all i feels like to need in my phone is infrared of redmi note 3, back camera of honor 5x and front camera of xplay..
So guys, if u r looking for an Android phone with huge batttery life , fingerprint unlocking , normal performance and average camera , go for this phone.. i have no regrets of having this phone even after using for more than 1 year.. good luck (y)
MD, 11 Jan 2017Has anyone got any software update for Lenovo vibe P1 in this month? Please reply..No, why?
Has anyone got any software update for Lenovo vibe P1 in this month? Please reply..
md Sayeef, 02 Jan 2017No software update or security patches for Lenovo for more than 5 months.. Shame on shameless ... moreI have been using it since nov-16. Got updated from Lollipop to marshmallow, before that got some regular of system updates. Never faced much problem for 1 yr.
Now when I connect another device on Hotspot It hangs some times.
I have android version 6.0.1 version on my Lenovo P1. Though it shows VOLTE is running, still you need to download and install Jio 4G Voice app to make a call with a jio sim!! What kind of VOLTE update is this? Ideally the phone should work without the jio 4G voice app if you have volte in your phone. But in Lenovo it doesn't work!! Further the phone never gets connected to the car bluetooth to make and receive calls. where as any other sim in this phone automatically gets connected! What's the problem? Any idea, anyone please?
Hello please can some one tell me more about the screen phone if its mistakenly fall down? how strong the screen is wanted to purchase one waiting to read from you
zen zoon, 29 Dec 2016me too .. i don't know what's the reason .. but i think maybe the reason is new android marshm... moreTry replacing data cable, make sure that data cable supports fast charging. In my case data cable was the reason. Phone was charging but normally. After changing data cable I could fast charge using same phone and adapter.
It has been one month since i started using this phone and i must say that all apps are running very smoothly on this phone. I am not quite sure yet since it has only been one month but I am very pleased.
I charged my phone two days ago and it still has left for another half a day. (With moderate use) if I use my phone a lot (wifi,4g,downloading,watching videos) it lasts for about 1 and a half day
The only bad thing is that its a bit heavier than most phones ,but that is acceptable because it has a pretty durable battery.
I totally reccomend this phone to someone who is looking an inexpensive but good phone that doesn't lag as much and lasts for a long time!
No software update or security patches for Lenovo for more than 5 months.. Shame on shameless arrogant and fraudulent LENOVO...
Lenovo is a vogus company. vibe p1 turbo has no volte option but price is 17k. in android market there are so many phone with volte option worth below Rs 17k.nobody does not make mistake buying Lenovo product
Md, 30 Nov 2016Absolutely correct,bro. We will also never buy any Lenovo mobile phone ever after again..Agree I too will never buy any lenovo phones.
me too .. i don't know what's the reason .. but i think maybe the reason is new android marshmelo .. maybe .. first charge when i bough it before i upgrade to android 6.0 and fast charge was working so good .. but after i upgrade fast charge stopped .. try to format your mobile .. i will do it
ranjeeth, 27 Dec 2016No volte update even in december...sold my vibe p1 and bought Le 2.Its better to sell this dev... moreV good
I am also sold my p1 turbo and move to other brand
Shame on U lenovo lam split on Ur company
No volte update even in december...sold my vibe p1 and bought Le 2.Its better to sell this device and go for other products.
"Upgrade package signature does not match cannot install this upgrade package"
im upgrading it to marshmallow from s152 to s288.after downloading the 1625 mb it does not upgrade that was said above.
i have waited yet cannot install.no idea at all please help how to fixed this upgrade process.
looking forward for your reply guys thank you.