This tab is the WORST tech I have ever had, Never buy it!! I used this tab for nearly 2 years, and this the worst tab, dumb Lenovo. Broke at least 4 of these out of frustration.
1) Performance: Its terrible, lags everywhere and everyone, opening up a app will take you nearly 5-to the max 7.7secs which is unbearable
2) Speed: Damn slow, download and uploading, browsing,even typing and not to forget; gaming
3) Battery-life: Well surprisingly, I would only give a good 5 🌟 at this!! It will last you a full day without recharge, even if you heavy gaming(although it's impossible), watching movies, calling, or browsing
4) Connections: It is OK, it doesn't support 5G, and more horrible than my iPhone 5S at connecting to Wi-Fi or data connectivity strength at 4G
5) Screen(resolution): Good, I watched plenty of movies in this and it's excellent!! Maybe a 4 🌟 BCS you can't be seeing a movie in the day, which I can comfortably do on my iPhone 5S
6) Audio: * I would seriously be surprised how they would provide such a disastrous Tablet with Exceptional speakers and headphone audio, phenomenally stupid
7) Strength: The most weakest tab I have ever dealt and used, so brittle that a accidental drop from my elbow and it's spider-web crack on the screen, crap
8) Camera: Nope!! Not good, only 8mp and a rotating one? Never ever. I broke all 4 tablets and cameras just by twisting it a few times, and it's broken off easily
9) Gaming: *PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS TAB!!!! IT WILL MURDER YOU TO DEATH!!! I have played Nova Legacy, Plants Vs Zombies, Clash-Of-Clans, Temple-Run, Modern-combat 5|Blackout and I have broken every tab only from playing all these games. It's lags like Hell!! It's connectivity strength is -6 🌟 rating!!! Its heats up and shuts down everything evertime!!! Graphics will spoil your eyes man, it's terrific!!
Well, that's you have it!!! A review from a person using this tab for 2 years!! The most trustworthy review you can ever find in the world!!! Lenovo is the worst company to buy from!!! If you want to save your precious money/time/ health, then please Don't buy this tab, I am telling for your sake, I had suffered enough and more with this tab and I don't want you guys to suffer like me.....
Maybe the best thing you can buy for watching videos and listening to music for these money. Everything else in the device is RETARDED - the chipset, the performance - even in browisng, not to mention gaming, the memory is small too. The battery life and the camera aren't so good either. At least it has a 6.0 update which I advise you to enable. If you are not a guy who ONLY watches videos and listens to music you mustn't buy it.
Ssy, 30 Sep 2017Does its otg supportYes it supports otg
N good for web browsing
It plays youtube at 30 fps no frame drops upto 720p
Supports keyboard n mouse use a otg with usb hub
Don't use memory card for apps there is some problem regarding mmc as it randomly malfunctions in tab(i have a Samsung evo card n its a class 10 card i used in camera so card is good)
Also don't game on it
Can read manga tho
N there r 2 versions available 1gb n 2gb random acess memory
Msm 8909 chipset
Don't jailbreak since its not worth the effort (i did it very very few improvements n more battery drain n other random errors pop time to tine)
Those who haven't purchased this please do yourself a favour n stay away from lenovo yoga tab 3 8m or yt3850m. N welcome =)
I have the Lenovo YT3 850M 8 inch 16GB 2GB w/ 4G variety with Android Marshmallow for only USD190 ;-) Sadly, it's the end of the line for this model, NO MORE FW UPDATES ! I checked with Lenovo website. I guess I might as well disable FWUpdateOTA to save battery. The latest update was still March 1, 2017 so I downloaded Dr. Web and subscribed to Dr. Web Security Space. It came with Qualcomm Processor MSM8909. I also enabled Work Profile via Island by Oasis Feng (Greenify) so it acts like a sandbox where I could run questionable apps like Social Media apps. I even have TWO VPNs enabled, in both Personal partition where everything is and Work partition (my sandbox where I hide/freeze/run apps). As it is now, this tablet went beyond my expectations. I also have ADM app so downloading is fast (just keep your Internal Storage free !!!). It's great and I'm loving using it to read books, watch Fox+, HBO Go, etc., It has Dolby app as a System app, so music gets louder. It has App Ops in Device Settings/Security. Altogether taken, a winner as it is. *** For Regular Users of Android Devices (or as the saying goes... ) ― "You Only Root When OTA FW Updates Stop Coming.". This device ceased having OTA updates after 3.1.2017, is therefore a strong candidate for rooting to further enhance capability, keep abreast with the ever dynamic Android system, learn and be amazed how far your Android device can go.
Only these Android devices, can in fact be compared to the Rover that's still ticking and humming in that desolate terrain in Mars, still transmitting images and sending data. The Rover that we thought we'd see last moving away and supposedly done, has even gotten a slight jolt of software update to improve its communication. Maybe even more updates...
dis123, 23 Sep 2017No,it does not support calling.Although in its features,it is written that it is a calling tab... moreYou can use it for calling, by using an internet phone number through Talkatone or 2nd line
Ls Zhet, 26 Oct 2017Hi, can I ask some question? I am planing to buy a tablet, only for movie and YouTube. my only... moreFor Youtube and Media consumption you won't have any kind of lag or framedrops since that would be very light use. but, if you would watch a 4k video probably it would lag, for 720p and 1080p. you won't have any problems at all.
-Amazing design and build quality
-Pretty decent audio
-The ability to use the rotating stand is really great
-Tiny amount of RAM
-Only HD res. wich makes the screen quality bad
-It never gets any updates
-Camera is pretty bad, I have a phone that costs half the price and takes MUCH better pics
-The metal stand makes it heavy and uncomfortable to hold
-Only 16GBs storage (and you get to use much less,6 or 8 GBs)
If you care about design and you want a tablet for light use (chat,FB,YT,browsing) it's worth buying. If you need a fast device for gaming, movies, multi-task and good screen and storage forget about this tablet.
i love my lenovo tab3 8 it works so good i recommend it for u.it has everything u need.
Hi I just wonder have anyone update to the latest firmware? Coz I did updated mine like a week ago now it is giving me alot of problem like it freezes all the time.
Hi, can I ask some question? I am planing to buy a tablet, only for movie and YouTube. my only concern is, do this tablet drop in frame rate if watch movie? How about daily usage like browsing? Typing lag?
Dawar, 27 Jan 2017It is a good tab but why mu downloaded apps are going in internal memory i have 16 gb memory c... moreThat happened to me. Couldnt find how to move apps to sd card. What i had found out is when i click on sd it will say format internal and then i went to apps and was able to move them to sd card. I downloaded a file manager and was able to save images videos etc to sd card.
No,it does not support calling.Although in its features,it is written that it is a calling tab and it is LTE,but we cannot call using it.Because,when I inserted Jio Sim in it and then I tried to make a call through it,then after dialling the number,it just showed calling and then the call disconnected.Then after I downloaded and installed the 'Jio 4G Voice' app,only after that I could make a call.