I am thinking about getting this phone, and was wondering if you can answer the phone without sliding it open.
My phone works well and stays charged for 2-3 days depending on talk time. Keys are small but am getting used to them, and scrolling was a challenge for a while but now is okay. Would like to find a couple more a little cheaper than at cingular store.
my father gave this phone to me.i was so surprised coz its is so awesome so beautiful phone..it has a lot of memory even i dont have memory card...but the speaker is to "LOW"......
i only have a few complaints about this fone. overall i like, its got a good camera and it awesome looking. the battery life doesnt bother me cause i charge it every night anyway. the thing i dont like is i cant figure out how to set a ringtone as a message alert. they only give u ten choices to choose from( i chose the one the goes ding ding) lol. but anyway i cant figure out how to do it, and if u even can. could someone plz tell me if there is some way to do it or a loophole that i can do it plz.
It's been a couple of months with this thing, and it's a mixed bag. It's my only phone, so I use it a lot.
1. The display: big and bright; great mirror effect when dark
2. Call quality and reception; good speakerphone
3. Connectivity: 3G and even Edge - make sure to get the free Opera Mini browser 4.0 - immediately - the standard browser is not very good
4. Bluetooth, Java and MicroSD card slot: very few restrictions, good performance, hot-swappable card, surprising amount of on-board memory, too.
5. The design and buid quality: LG really hit it out of the park with this one! Sleek, stylish and solidly built, the phone has an appealing heft and quality feel to it.
1. The menus: More than anything, the menus are the biggest disappointment. Illogically or greedily designed - with very limited customization (as opposed to my old Moto V551 or Razr V3 which lets you customize almost everything) and no way to put icons on the main screen, one has to fit what they do to the idiosyncracies of the phone, rather than tailor the phone to fit the user. It often borders on the exasperating. I'm waiting on a software fix (or hack) to help alleviate this a bit.
2. The keypad: Not as bad as some say, but it's not that great, either. It takes some getting used to. The T9 predictive text is kinda crappy, IMHO.
3. The joystick controller area: Again, not too bad, and you'll get used to it. Yet I'd have gladly given up some of the mirror finish area for a decent D-pad between the smartkeys (with the "call" & "end" buttons moved beneath the smartkeys instead of crowding the keypad).
4. Battery life: The cost of 3G and all the other features, I gather. Not really an issue if you recharge it at least every other day, but deactivate the 3G if you're gonna be away from the charger for a while.
5. Ringtone size limit: Mp3 ringtones no larger than 300kb?!?! Pretty ridiculous and makes no sense at all. Thankfully, I'm used to creating small mp3 ringtones for my old Moto phones, using Audacity.
A mixed bag - excellent build quality and performance and a stunning design are almost ruined by poorly designed menus and cramped controls. Get the Opera Mini 4 browser, though - it'll transform your browsing experience with this phone.
So I'm keeping this phone, for now. Hopefully a fix, hack or upgrade will come soon for the software. That I'm already thinking about my next phone is not a good sign, though.
I just go this phone less than a week ago and already returning it after 2 days of use. I have a few complaints about it. I was surprised to see how difficult it was to open with one hand, mainly because it is so sleek, your fingers have nothing to grip. The other thing is that because it is so sleek and shiny, i'm constantly wiping it to keep smudge marks off. It does boast a large viewing screen compared to others, but it is completely unprotected, so it becomes easily scratched. Navigation is a little difficult too. I was surprised to see there were such few ring tones to choose from and the speaker level on the intercom was not that impressive compared to others. Lastly, it is quite heavy and thick compared to others. My opinion is not based on perfomance so I cannot comment on that. I thought Id really like the look, but then found it was not practical FOR ME. Maybe you'll have better luck.
I just came from a CU500 and i think that this phone is amazing minus the itty bitty keypad lol
its a huge step up
The "circle" is a joystick.
I just got this phone. It is very nice. It can take up to a 4 GB memory card (wish it could use the 8GB cards).
Don't waste your money on the program DataPilot, it does not support this phone. ALso, it isn't needed to do music sync from Windows Media Player - just need the cable.
I don't know how to sync to Outlook yet.
I have had this phone for 10 days and I am getting a replacement from Rogers, Java apps are screwed up. If you play music it will lock up after 1 or 2 songs. However, if you play music thru media menu, its flawless. Call Roger's customer retention number with this problem, you will likely get a replacement with new Java installed. I hope this helps. Personally, I like this fon.
I DOnt have this phone yet. but i really want it.
How do u navigate?
does the circle Move?
Or is there arrows to press.
This Probally Sounds Really Dumb.
ButHope someone can answer!
My fiance and I had this phone for about 3 weeks. They have all of a sudden started showing defects such as locking up after a couple of hours of non use. The only way to get it back up and running is to remove the battery. Anyone else with the same problem or others?
Its is in my views a top of the line phone i wish i had access to a credit card, at this very moment because, i would of gotten that phone right away (oh my gosh this is the shit dawg). But i will say though that the color options should be very creative to enthrawl a younger market. If in the future you which to send me a phone please don't be shy, it will be greatly appreciated.
Yes only the Rogers Version of this phone sold in Canada will be able to do live Video calling. The AT&T version does not have the front camera.
no america dont have videocall plus theres no front camera on the phone
this phone is beautiful and it stops there.
java is locked for some reason. you cannot use your own apps or games.
and personal mp3 ring tones are limited to 300 kb.
there are workarounds for both but why bother?
if you don't mind the two reasons not to buy it, then it's a great phone hands down.