I just got the G4 and so far it's pretty good. I love the overall look, but hate the size. It would be perfect at 5". The battery is not the best, but it is adequate. I'm fine with the battery life because I can replace it when it starts to decline.
Performance is good, camera is great. I use Bluetooth aptx devices for most of my audio needs so I was happy to find this device supported it. Bluetooth range is also very good. WiFi range is decent, but download speed seems only adequate... Maybe it's just my router. Over all, this is a solid device and a bargain compared to the cost of other high end devices.
GLTJR, 06 Aug 2015Can you transfer apps to sim card on LG4? You can transfer some aps to an SD CARD. (Not all). I don't know of any aps that would be on a SIM card
junb2015, 07 Aug 2015Yes, G4 is a good phone but like I said, others still prefer a smaller size with the same inte... moreWhat's even worst, new LG flagship is going to be even bigger (http://www.vinereport.com/article/lg.g4.pro.release.date.specs.lg.might.announce.g4.pro.in.october.will.device.be.the.promised.super.premium.smartphone/2152.htm)!!! I think LG did not learn the lesson regarding low sales of the big sized phones, or they have a saboteur inside their decision making team. What happened with perfectly sized LG G2, as it was stated by LG themselves!!!
The reason that I don't go for LG phones is their ugly, lousy looks or designs. The back and front of the this G4 look obsolete. The best design they created so far was of Optimus G pro E985. The G2 modal was also so-so. The back of a phone should be flat. LG should pay attention to this side also. Since I use a mobile phone mostly for calling and internet banking etc. the 5.5 inch size is quite comfortable, even a 6 incher will be better.
I love this phone....only 1 problem....the touch screen will either lag or when i start to text, it doesn't register some of my touches. Is this just mine, or does any more of you have this problem and just deal with it. Im sending it in to lg to fix the problem. This is a very annoying issue to have. When im scrolling down it stops scrolling and clicks on whatever i touched last. Very annoying
Yes, G4 is a good phone but like I said, others still prefer a smaller size with the same internal specs, what LG is doing is slightly reducing the size and downgraded the internal specs. Apple's 6 and 6+, Samsung Note 4 and S6 and Sony Z3, Z3C are perfect combos giving consumers an option. LG G4 is alone and not all people like to stretch their thumb to reach the upper icons.
I had this phone since Monday. got it from a telco in our place. all i can say is this...the phone is superb. for those who are having concerns about battery life, here are some tips i got from the internet to maximize it:
1. Lower down the brightness level of the phone. I set it 35-50% only coz the display is so bright at 100% that you wont need set it at that point.
2. GPS - instead of setting it at "HIGH ACCURACY", I set it at "Battery Saving" so i caan use the battery life on some other apps that I use more often.
3. I also removed "Auto Sync" for all the emails and other accounts that I have connected to my phone. Though for some, it will be more important that they get the emails immediately.
Here are some things I can say about this:
- very good screen resolution
- i ahve also experienced heating, especially when i first had it and setting up everything i need in the phone. i downloaded apps simultaneously, maybe that explains the heating. Anyway, I experienced that same with my Iphone 5. Worst, i experience the heating in my Iphone 5 during calls.
- No lags...as in..i forgot i opened a couple of apps. and they are all working in the background. and yet i have not seen it lag.
- its nice to hold. its not heavy. fits just right in the hand. I had huawei g610 before. dont get me wrong that phone too is superb when it comes to performance, but its too heavy for me. i usually experience tiredness of the hand when i am using it. But this LG G4, gosh i have it in my hand most of the time and no feeling of "ngawit"
- call sounds are good.
- fast browsing capabilities. i dont know how lg does this but i had 2 phone simultaneously browse a certain site, LG G4 opened the site faster.
I am kind of satisfied with this phone. I am not sure about some who had bad experiences with the phone.
Please tell me if anyone knows i bought this phone lg g4 before one week but suddenly i found a green minor dot on lcd screen what to do how it can go i reset my phone but it is still there is lcd break or any setting issue...
junb2015, 06 Aug 2015What made me stay away from LG G4 is that it's huge size, Apple has IPhone 6 4.7" Galaxy... moreWell said couldn't agree more. I have an sg4 which I feel is just right. When it's time to up-grade I will probably go for an sg6 but that's as big as I want to go.
junb2015, 06 Aug 2015What made me stay away from LG G4 is that it's huge size, Apple has IPhone 6 4.7" Galaxy... moreI own a G4, and size is not a problem at all. This smartphone is very comfortable, you can put it easily in the pocket. It is little curved, it helps.
It is great smartphone, I am very satisfied.
Any one facing lag in the multitasking when removing recent apps one by one?
junb2015, 06 Aug 2015LG abandoned the compact design of G2 and just keep on increasing the screen size. Hi junb2015 that is correct but actually the screenaize of the g3 and g4 isbthe same bit the size of the phoen is little biggee. A few weeks ago ilI saw that Lg was planning to have a G5 a bit more compact than the g4 and the g3
Anonymous, 06 Aug 2015Great features but big ugly brick...LG should improve on bezels and design. G5 hopefully ?LG abandoned the compact design of G2 and just keep on increasing the screen size.
sarti1818, 06 Aug 2015I just got my LG G4 and i have to say its amazing compared to my old LG G3. The battery life i... moreWhat made me stay away from LG G4 is that it's huge size, Apple has IPhone 6 4.7" Galaxy S6 is 5.1" and Sony has 4.6". not everyone has huge hands, if LG released G4 with 4.7" and G4+ at 5.5", they could have a market share for those consumers who still prepare smaller phones. What's worse is that LG release a slightly smaller version such G4 Beat at 5" but hardware are downgraded. 5". LG needs ti rethink their strategy
I just got my LG G4 and i have to say its amazing compared to my old LG G3. The battery life is way better I also had the opportunity to feel the Galaxy s6 but actually the LG G4 makes me feel a lot more amazed with that leather back. Everywhere I go people say wow is that the LG G4? And thats because ita different. I really believe that this phone is one of a kind
In india its a dual sim mod3l and i wanna know whether it is a 4g and 3g or 4g and 4g connection. Also i saw in some blogs stating its battery is draining and taking longer time to charge. Any comments on this? And hiw about otg support? Pls reply friends...