JK, 27 Feb 2016Just recieved the notification update here in the Philippines. I'm still downloading it. 879.2... moredont install the updates... ur dual sim will not work... problem in ending calls... wont receive incoming also... battery get drained quickly... better to keep the os as it is
AnonD-484687, 27 Feb 2016Anybody know how to add apps like facebook, whatsapp in split window? Without rooting?i think it's not possible
Updated the lg g4 818n to marshmallow and did a factory rest and also erased the external and internal sd cards amd no complaints with the update whatsoever. The UI is even more snappier, battery life is good conserves a lot of battery while idling.
All of yous who are facing issues please factory reset your devices it might help
Just recieved the notification update here in the Philippines. I'm still downloading it. 879.26mb in size.
Anybody know how to add apps like facebook, whatsapp in split window? Without rooting?
Just updated to MM a day back.
Although few +ve points are there for sure like the RAM usage is reduced, its speedier to navigate, apps open quickly.
The negative issues that want to make me go back to LP are
1. Battery life. In LP i would get thru the entirw day if 25% still left. But now it drains like a hoze pipe, 100% drainage in 6 hours of the same kind of usage.
2. Heating issues, esp with camera and browsing.
Any idea how to revert back to LP.
You guys are forgetting to mention whether or not you did a clean factory reset and fresh reinstall of your apps after updating to Marshmallow.
LloydBryne, 26 Feb 2016hello guys, here are my observations regarding H818P after the MM update. 1. Native Call Re... morefor me the system got slow and apps tooks 15 seconds to open. i didnt have these problems on 5.1 really regret of upgrading to 6
hello guys, here are my observations regarding H818P after the MM update.
1. Native Call Recording removed.
2. Battery life drains a little faster for me. In LP i got max SOT of 4-5 hrs. In MM, I have a ,ax of 4 hours SOT, or maybe around 4.5hrs.
3. Camera is now snappier, but gets hot fast. Also HDR is improved in my observation.
4. Smoothness of the UI is vastly improved, but I aint using the LG UX, been using Sense Home in my G4 dual. :-P
5. Apps now load faster, haven't tried if games that are highly intensive are also improved.
6. Knock Code now must be at least 6 taps for security purposes as declared by LG.
7.Basic functionality of MM, such as Now On Tap, Doze and App permission are present.
8. It was declared in the H818N MM observation that LTE is now available on both sims. I've tried it and yes it is available just as in LP but still not simultaneous. You must choose which sim must be set to LTE auto and the other one must be GSM only.
9. Also, I've got that purple hue in the screen when my device is set at moderate to low brightness with grayish or not-so-bright colors of wallpaper. But i think it isn't software related, rather its hardware. As a result, I have persistent notification icons appearing when the background is of not-so-bright color. These appears specially when the you've stayed at a white background. :-( Setting the brightness to max seems to fix it though, but it still appears from time to time.
Loveforever, 25 Feb 2016Hi, LloydBryne what is the size of your update. ..?still 879.26MB with software version of V20c-Feb-03-2016 . I must say, performance is vastly increased, my G4 now stutters less. But one thing I've noticed is I somehow observe that battery life drains faster compared to LP. Will be updating soon after I've managed to look at the battery life performance graph of the phone. But definitely much smoother than LP. :-)
Updated to marshmallow.one thing i instantly noticed was that the lagging at lock screen is gone.earlier in lollipop once you unlock the phone it was like LOADING...for a second or 2. Now its gone. Veey happy with the update ☺
Does anyone know how to retrieve the native/original photo editing tools of this one? It was change to editing tools of google photos without my notice..thanks for any help...
AnonD-18780, 26 Feb 2016Yesterday I upgrade my LG G4 H818N to V20c-Feb-03-2016 (Size 879.26MB) Android MM 6.0. After u... moreI can't update the phone, it says that software package is invalid..any solution? Thanks!
Loveforever, 25 Feb 2016Hi,smk.vinit ,how your device is behaving(functionality ) after update Smooth and fast
Yesterday I upgrade my LG G4 H818N to V20c-Feb-03-2016 (Size 879.26MB) Android MM 6.0. After upgrade I observed some followings points :
1. Native Call Recording removed.
2. Battery life marginally improved.
3. Free amount of RAM reduced from 1.8GB to 1.1GB.
4. Camera Image size (File) reduced.
5. In Music Player, Album Art pictures looks grainy.
6. Apps open fast than earlier.
7. Overall UI navigation is smoother than earlier. Its Zippy enough now.
8. An Undo option added in delete SMS and Email.
9. App Permission added.
10. Knock Code pattern changed.
11. Audio Player output now as not clean as earlier.
12. If camera on for 5 minutes or more, phone became very hot.
13. Audio in Video recording is improved noticeably.
14. Now both SIM supports LTE.
15. Both sides of screen got a pink shadow when phone is hot, visible in a solid black/dark wallpaper only.
Please share yours observation.
Interested to hear people's Marshmallow update experiences and please state whether you did or did not do a factory reset after updating.
AnonD-437552, 25 Feb 2016I got update today on my lg g4 H818N android 6.0Hi,smk.vinit ,how your device is behaving(functionality ) after update