great phone. Disappointed they can't stick with a fairly std usb cable connector as in the HTC/Samsung/Nokia/Lave line to have the same . Nowone more cable.
Also noticed to add the thin glass screen protector that the bottom corners are not flat. Dip slightly so a gap in the screen so that the protector is not flat on the screen.
Is this a feature or std ? Works ok if you have a plastic sheet protector added but not the hard thin glass.
Allot of Lolipop features missing that should have stayed. !!
AnonD-558015, 08 Jul 2016Rakesh
Don~t know about regular retail shops. I got my handset on 8 July with awesome deals... moreVibhav
I called up E-Zone yesterday and they told offer is there but in offer they are giving only 2 items :
1. Extra Battery with charging Cradle
2. Cam Plus - to be delivered in a week (currently out of stock)
Flip Cover and Screen Guard are not there in the offer but will pursue this with them when I visit them today.
AnonD-558408, 09 Jul 2016how do you use the micro sd slot as the second sim on the lg g5 h860The micro SD card has a spot on the sim tray.
Have this phone nearly 2months. I can say that Im very happy with my g5. Removable battery and wide camera was main reason of my choise. Build quality is good, no gaps or other quality issues. Battery life is good for me, about 4:30h - 5h screen time on 4g and about 6h on wifi at medium brightnes. No lag, good perfomance, excellent sound quality on speaker. Display is good. I cant understand why this phone is soooo underated. This phone is my first phone from lg. I can recommend this phone. Thanks LG for making this great phone.
how do you use the micro sd slot as the second sim on the lg g5 h860
AnonD-557636, 09 Jul 2016Great, I knew lg will pull out a great phone in g5. Everybody is after sammy s7 as if it is th... moreGeekyranjit & dpk8666
I have taken more than good time and have gone through every possible you tube video review and any other good article about any possible good phone that could be my next flagship. This included crazy follow up for months and months on Galaxy S7, Huawei P9, Nexus 6P, LG G5, HTC 10, One Plus 3, Xiomi Mi5 and even ZTE Axon 7. I actually bought the G5 finally only on 8 July once on 7 July the ZTE Axon camera review came out and I found the camera on it was crap. Anyways, With my analysis I could conclude the below things-
1) All phones have goods & bads but only the Galaxy S7 & LG G5 are the most complete phones. It comes down to what the actual preferences for a particular person are- tradeoffs are to be made in both phones.
2) Samsung spent big time on its marketing campaign (as always) and LG probably spent nothing (as always)- Result- Samsung Kicked LGs butt and now S7 is outselling G5 by the tons (not necessarily because it is better) I could find most reviews biased towards the Galaxy S7 all over the internet. Many a times I almost thought many-many (ahmm..ahmm) were paid to promote the S7 and highly denigrate the G5 to kill competition in the bud.
3) Galaxy S7 is definitely there with better display (Amoled), better themes, really neat and handy tricks and the likes. However all the fuss about design and premium is bullshit- For me Glass is definitely NO PREMIUM. I am yet to come across a person (and there S7 has had a bumper sale here) who does not have a case on his Galaxy S7- there goes the premium design inside a INR 300 ($5) case. The front & back glasses are so-so easy to break if they fall down- Hence, I decided to give it a skip- so much money not worth the risk. My G5 also goes in a case, so no big deal here. Personally I found the dual camera setup enticing, meaning more people noticing my phone.
3) Taking a sum of all positive negative and blind voting contest (most important as here paid things are less likely to work)- G5 definitely has the better camera- even in low light (agreed S7 has faster autofocus) and many-many other diverse conditions. But S7 has taken all the possible accolades for various worthy & sometimes unworthy reasons. The gimmick of scaling down to 12 MP (though enough-but not good) was hyped too much everywhere. I bet they could give 16 MP outright, but they will probably be saving it for Galaxy S8 with dual pixel bluff etc etc. for next year. I think LG did win here on the primary camera alone and that the wide angle camera was also there was just awesome. Made my choice very simple. Today, when I compare photos shot with my friends S7 edge & my G5 all agree that the G5 photos look much better when viewed on a proper 14-16 inch monitor. Secret- In many reviews, what the reviewers dont tell is that for comparison purposes, the G5 16 MP pics are scaled down to 12 MP for comparing like to like pics with S7 which is unfair-even more so when the reader is not told of the same- So of-course the G5 pics are made to look less than what they originally are.
4) Not helping themselves much, LG further dug their own grave by launching it at around INR 53K in such a HUGE market as India (Just too expensive for the good and bad that G5 offered) when the S7 was selling at INR 49K. Now that they have realised their mistake and normalised the rates by the various freebies & discounts (which I got- listed in earlier comments)- this phone has become a really good buy. I was anticipating such a scenario and grabbed as soon as it came.
Anyways, I still am thank full to all reviewers for they made my understanding of one and all devices so detailed that I could take an educated and informed decision on what is good for me rather than being told what should be good for me.
AnonD-250258, 09 Jul 2016GOOD battery back up . it can last upto 1 whole day with medium to heavy usage. i get on my lg... moreGreat, I knew lg will pull out a great phone in g5. Everybody is after sammy s7 as if it is the greatest phone in the world. But their are other manufacturers as well who knows how to design and build high quality phones. I rate the lg5 better sammy s7 any day. But the prices are too high in my country, so had to get a vivo v3max. Say what I took the risk to buy a chinese vivo but later found out that vivo, oppo and oneplus are all from the same manufacturer bbk electronics.
After using the v3max my perception for chinese manufacturers have changed completely and vivo builgs very high quality phones. My dad got their 2015 flagship vivo x5max and on built quality and looks alone it beats my uncles g5. Just think it for a while and x5max is also the thinnest phone you can have in the world. But performance wise g5 is way superior.
[deleted post]yes you are correct about the improvrment regarding gaps . i also purchased the g5 and its made in india in june 2016. and seriously phone is way way better what every body is saying about the LG G5. i am impressed with performance and battery life
AnonD-557636, 08 Jul 2016How is the battery backup.... I heard it is not good.GOOD battery back up . it can last upto 1 whole day with medium to heavy usage. i get on my lg g5 approx 4hr 30 min to 5 hr screen on time with wifi always on and music maximum time playing. i was also about that tension before purchasing but when i got my phone i was surprizes with battery back up. its highly optimized.
AnonD-428533, 07 Jul 2016Sunny
I'm also trying to get hold of this phone but none of the RESELLERS are giving both C... moreRakesh
Don~t know about regular retail shops. I got my handset on 8 July with awesome deals from E-Zone- Powai, Mumbai, India.
1) Handset cost INR 49K ( $732) at a discount of INR 3K (limited period offer only at E-Zone)
2) Free Battery Cradle with Battery- In Hand
3) Free Cam Plus- In Hand- Limited period offer
4) Free LG Flip Cover Case- To be delivered in a week- Limited period offer
5) Free original LG G5 Screen Guard- To be delivered in a week- Limited period offer
6) Quick Charger (2.0 or 3.0 cant say for sure as the charger specs of 5V-1.8 A and 9V-1.8 A are matching to none of either quick charge 2.0 or 3.0 in various web articles I read- Writing this as I have doubt that the European & US versions also might have Quick charger 2 bundled in- I read hundreds of reviews plus 4 months research on you tube on this phone- No body talked about the bundled charger properly)
7) Headphones- Yes I got them- Heard Some US carrier versions had no headphones.
If you have any more questions..you can post and I will try to answer.
Question to the owners of H 860
Is the memory card slot is optional with the second sim card? Whether it is independent from the second sim card?
This was an excellent phone the first 3 weeks I had it. I love the wide angle camera and feel that this is one of the best features of the phone. Sadly, as others reported I am having issues with my phone. On tuesday the wifi stopped working and dialer (actual phone not working) I tried everything including factory reset and this has not worked to solve the problem. Seems to be a hardware issue.
I did notice the phone would over heat a lot. Part of that is the fact that the phone is cheap metal but still it gets very hot even for that.
It is concerning that I have only had the phone for a month and it does not work. I would say because of this and the numerous issue mentioned on other sites to avoid this phone. I wish I would have gotten an S7. I really liked this phone. Sad demise for it.
AnonD-205267, 05 Jul 2016I upgraded to LG G5 from my LG G3 32gb edition about a week ago...and to be honest this a beau... moreSunny
I'm also trying to get hold of this phone but none of the RESELLERS are giving both Camplus and Battery offer. Only Battery with Cradle is being offered. None of he Reseller is offering CamPlus. Even on LG India website only Battery is on offer.
Would like to know from where you bought G5 with both as offer an how much you paid ? Can you share Dealer details and contact.
Whether you got it with LG India warranty ?
Iam very happy now after purchasing G5 two weeks back.Phone is blazing fast no lagging at all,fast charging at its best,Always on display,excellent camera performance no pixcelation even at full zoom ultra wide angle is breath taking at first experirence and very usefull too in many occassions.
Who ever thinks of buying a flagship mobile go for it ahead of all other brands.
Poor LG G5 sales. Now no guaranty that LG will still be making those modules which are already very limited.
AnonD-550676, 02 Jul 2016I am indifferent with 3 phones. Samsung A-5 LG G-3 or G-5 Please must recommend considering... moreGo with G5 its a flagship and performs really well...by choosing this you get upgrades foc for next couple of years and yes it is a modular fone
I upgraded to LG G5 from my LG G3 32gb edition about a week ago...and to be honest this a beautiful monster...kudos to LG for coming up with a beautiful design...not to forget this phone works butter smooth with no lags at all...it never gets over heated and is a powerhouse. Performs multi tasking very well handles everything that you give it like mails, games, media, music and other things....though it comes with a 2800mah battery but it performs easily from anywhere between 18 to 24 hours....the best part is LG is giving an extra battery with cradle to charge + cam plus module FREE OF COST in india as a bundled package. It consumes approx 2-3 GB of ram normally but thats what an extra GB of ram was given for....to perform well...iam sure LG would soon roll out an OTA software update to fix minor errors with UX 5.0.....and allow us to move majority of apps to sd card....go for it guys....and yes we all live here in 21st century with technology developments happening everyday....so lets not crib on what LG has not delivered...njoyy this device and upgrade to another one after an year or two!! Gr8 job LG keep delivering us such flagships....