About the waterproofing complains, well honestly even your phone is waterproof I bet your not going to dunk it on the sink or throw it on the pool. Its obviously one of selling point of a manufacturing company for their consumers. Same with the gorilla glass panels that promises rugged reinforced glass and yet we're still putting some screenguards for protection. Got the point? There you go.
I see few things which are aspirations from the one's which are out in market:
1. Front - Blackberry Z30
2. Sides - Huawei G8
3. Fingerprint - Nexus 5x
This is such a disappointment, I had G3, G4 which were unique in its own way, but this one looks like composite form of Chinese android phones. Few concerns although:
1. Hollow body may be less rigid than closed unibodies.
2. Battery 0.8% per hour so 19.2% battery wasted every 24 hours. - Always-ON-Display !
3. People will like less spare parts with their gadgets, portability will be compromised.
4. App drawer was laggy even in V10 with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, So remove the feature If you can't fix performance issues. lol..
5. Icons shapes are copied from note-5 with slight angular changes.
6. This phone looks more suitable for a traveller and photography enthusiast rather than regular customers.
7. Settings menu inspired by Xiaomi phone ?? monochrome everywhere ??
8. LG should really hire some good graphics engineers for cosmetic improvements.
Now I will think 10 times before adding it in my wish-list.
Software nowhere near to stock Marshmellow. Just my 2 cents for people who look for alternative.. YESx7
Oh c'mon!!! People are very hard to please nowadays. No matter how good the products/gadgets are, consumers still have so much to complain. Remember there's no such thing is "PERFECT" in this world. Just learn how to appreciate.
*Now lets get back to the topic.
- LG's unveiling of their new flagship which is the G5 is really innovative. They really focused on the design and functionality of the device and ofcourse performance as well. They introduced not 1, but so many accesories that can be attached to the G5 device. I can say this idea is a bit reminiscent to the PROJECT ARA by Google. A modular phone that has a swappable hardware. This technology might be the direction where smartphones is heading on the near future. Well see about that a few years from now.
Yours Truly, proud V10 user.
Taz, 21 Feb 2016Now apple will sue LG. They will claim the module design is their patent.this modular thing is original
no radio,i was a samsung fun then lg,know i have to find another phone cumpuny
Anonymous, 21 Feb 2016But a lot of us don t want 5.5 screen , 5.5 is gigantic . 5 inch is more than enough , they al... moreIt's not 5.5.... G5 is smaller than g3 and g4, measuring a 5.3 inches of Quad HD screen.
So odd how a simple well done wallpaper can make phone sparkle even though there could be a billion wallpapers + on the web.
Now apple will sue LG. They will claim the module design is their patent.
No iris scanner.....so,
What is the function of the sensor under speaker grill??
Is it possible to turn off "always on"?...cause nobody wants the screen burn in
Anonymous, 21 Feb 2016small battery and not water proof.....uselessYeah right. It is useless. Completely useless. You can't do anything now that it is not waterproof. Too bad that we are fish and we are always in the water
32gb...you got to be joking. I know Marshmallow allows you to upgrade storage through the micro sd card, but at the very least give me 64gb of internal storage.
LG did it again, great features and good accessories! now that is good innovation for LG.
no radio,i was a samsung fun then lg,know i have to find another phone