i got this phone the other day and i must say i am so impressed with the quality of it,
defiantly the greatest phone yet
RakeshGupta, 11 Jul 2016Finally bought G5 Titan Black today.
The offer given by EZone is :
1. Free Battery and Cra... moreCongratulations. Looks Like you Still bagged a good deal if not the flip cover and the LG screen guard.
Enjoy your phone.
Vaibhav U, 10 Jul 2016Rakesh
I checked with Powai E-Zone. They clarified that the Flip Cover & the screen gua... moreFinally bought G5 Titan Black today.
The offer given by EZone is :
1. Free Battery and Cradle - In hand
2. Free CamPlus - Delivery within 10 days as currently not in stock
3. 6000 MaH Power Bank (Circle brand)
4. Screen Guard pre-fixed on G5.
Anybody with LG G5 H860 has tied this way:
The second SIM card slot is also the memory card slot, so you can have SIM1 + MicroSD or SIM1 + SIM2 , it's not possible to have two SIM cards and the memory card at the same time. Sorry! :(
great phone lg g5 ever..........this phone feature was great ...nd battery lyf most powerful
camera quality.....awesome ....nd i luv this phn ever ..
From LG G5 H860 Dual sim manual (from LG Hong-Kong website):
"The SIM card tray 2 also serves as the memory card tray. However, you cannot put both the SIM card and the memory card (optional) at the same time."
It's mean this phone hasn't dual sim AND memory card. :-(
Can anybody explain this?
RakeshGupta, 10 Jul 2016Vibhav
I called up E-Zone yesterday and they told offer is there but in offer they are givi... moreRakesh
I checked with Powai E-Zone. They clarified that the Flip Cover & the screen guard offer is valid ONLY in Mumbai E-Zone region and not outside. You can check if your E-Zone is willing to extend the offer.
i want to use it dual sim but 32gb internal is not enough for me and i havent find a proper usb otg for it as well so hope next lg flagship at least have 64 gb internal
Would some one tell me please how much storage this device dedicated for downloading apps inside the main phone storage and without using any micro SD card?
I think you should be able to see it through " Settings > Storage"
great phone. Disappointed they can't stick with a fairly std usb cable connector as in the HTC/Samsung/Nokia/Lave line to have the same . Nowone more cable.
Also noticed to add the thin glass screen protector that the bottom corners are not flat. Dip slightly so a gap in the screen so that the protector is not flat on the screen.
Is this a feature or std ? Works ok if you have a plastic sheet protector added but not the hard thin glass.
Allot of Lolipop features missing that should have stayed. !!
Vaibhav U, 08 Jul 2016Rakesh
Don~t know about regular retail shops. I got my handset on 8 July with awesome deals... moreVibhav
I called up E-Zone yesterday and they told offer is there but in offer they are giving only 2 items :
1. Extra Battery with charging Cradle
2. Cam Plus - to be delivered in a week (currently out of stock)
Flip Cover and Screen Guard are not there in the offer but will pursue this with them when I visit them today.
first time, 09 Jul 2016how do you use the micro sd slot as the second sim on the lg g5 h860The micro SD card has a spot on the sim tray.
Have this phone nearly 2months. I can say that Im very happy with my g5. Removable battery and wide camera was main reason of my choise. Build quality is good, no gaps or other quality issues. Battery life is good for me, about 4:30h - 5h screen time on 4g and about 6h on wifi at medium brightnes. No lag, good perfomance, excellent sound quality on speaker. Display is good. I cant understand why this phone is soooo underated. This phone is my first phone from lg. I can recommend this phone. Thanks LG for making this great phone.
how do you use the micro sd slot as the second sim on the lg g5 h860
Geekyranjit, 09 Jul 2016Great, I knew lg will pull out a great phone in g5. Everybody is after sammy s7 as if it is th... moreGeekyranjit & dpk8666
I have taken more than good time and have gone through every possible you tube video review and any other good article about any possible good phone that could be my next flagship. This included crazy follow up for months and months on Galaxy S7, Huawei P9, Nexus 6P, LG G5, HTC 10, One Plus 3, Xiomi Mi5 and even ZTE Axon 7. I actually bought the G5 finally only on 8 July once on 7 July the ZTE Axon camera review came out and I found the camera on it was crap. Anyways, With my analysis I could conclude the below things-
1) All phones have goods & bads but only the Galaxy S7 & LG G5 are the most complete phones. It comes down to what the actual preferences for a particular person are- tradeoffs are to be made in both phones.
2) Samsung spent big time on its marketing campaign (as always) and LG probably spent nothing (as always)- Result- Samsung Kicked LGs butt and now S7 is outselling G5 by the tons (not necessarily because it is better) I could find most reviews biased towards the Galaxy S7 all over the internet. Many a times I almost thought many-many (ahmm..ahmm) were paid to promote the S7 and highly denigrate the G5 to kill competition in the bud.
3) Galaxy S7 is definitely there with better display (Amoled), better themes, really neat and handy tricks and the likes. However all the fuss about design and premium is bullshit- For me Glass is definitely NO PREMIUM. I am yet to come across a person (and there S7 has had a bumper sale here) who does not have a case on his Galaxy S7- there goes the premium design inside a INR 300 ($5) case. The front & back glasses are so-so easy to break if they fall down- Hence, I decided to give it a skip- so much money not worth the risk. My G5 also goes in a case, so no big deal here. Personally I found the dual camera setup enticing, meaning more people noticing my phone.
3) Taking a sum of all positive negative and blind voting contest (most important as here paid things are less likely to work)- G5 definitely has the better camera- even in low light (agreed S7 has faster autofocus) and many-many other diverse conditions. But S7 has taken all the possible accolades for various worthy & sometimes unworthy reasons. The gimmick of scaling down to 12 MP (though enough-but not good) was hyped too much everywhere. I bet they could give 16 MP outright, but they will probably be saving it for Galaxy S8 with dual pixel bluff etc etc. for next year. I think LG did win here on the primary camera alone and that the wide angle camera was also there was just awesome. Made my choice very simple. Today, when I compare photos shot with my friends S7 edge & my G5 all agree that the G5 photos look much better when viewed on a proper 14-16 inch monitor. Secret- In many reviews, what the reviewers dont tell is that for comparison purposes, the G5 16 MP pics are scaled down to 12 MP for comparing like to like pics with S7 which is unfair-even more so when the reader is not told of the same- So of-course the G5 pics are made to look less than what they originally are.
4) Not helping themselves much, LG further dug their own grave by launching it at around INR 53K in such a HUGE market as India (Just too expensive for the good and bad that G5 offered) when the S7 was selling at INR 49K. Now that they have realised their mistake and normalised the rates by the various freebies & discounts (which I got- listed in earlier comments)- this phone has become a really good buy. I was anticipating such a scenario and grabbed as soon as it came.
Anyways, I still am thank full to all reviewers for they made my understanding of one and all devices so detailed that I could take an educated and informed decision on what is good for me rather than being told what should be good for me.
dpk8666, 09 Jul 2016GOOD battery back up . it can last upto 1 whole day with medium to heavy usage. i get on my lg... moreGreat, I knew lg will pull out a great phone in g5. Everybody is after sammy s7 as if it is the greatest phone in the world. But their are other manufacturers as well who knows how to design and build high quality phones. I rate the lg5 better sammy s7 any day. But the prices are too high in my country, so had to get a vivo v3max. Say what I took the risk to buy a chinese vivo but later found out that vivo, oppo and oneplus are all from the same manufacturer bbk electronics.
After using the v3max my perception for chinese manufacturers have changed completely and vivo builgs very high quality phones. My dad got their 2015 flagship vivo x5max and on built quality and looks alone it beats my uncles g5. Just think it for a while and x5max is also the thinnest phone you can have in the world. But performance wise g5 is way superior.