I will describe some of the tweaks needed to improve your battery after Oreo update:
- enter Settings - Battery;
- you will see "battery usage"
- there you will see "Google Play Services" - click it and disable from Exceptions which allows it to "run in the background";
- same applies to "Google Play Store" - disable it;
- check all the other apps listed there to see which one has this "run in the background" activated and disable it. (this goes also for future apps that will be installed).
I've did a factory reset yesterday, charged my G6 full last night. I will come back with a future post regarding battery consumption.
In future updates, LG should:
- change the "green" applet of the call screen - green means ECO (at least in my opinion) but in a phone, any light color (except perhaps in devices with P-OLED or AMOLED screens) tend to consume the battery faster;
- very annoying notifications when you activate Mobile Data "are you sure..."...come on LG, couldn't you have skipped this kind of notifications? are people not aware that they are activating their mobile connection?...also, when mobile data is turned off, if you enter Settings, you will see a colored yellow band saying "Mobile data is off" - for whom is that notification? And that notification remains there even if you have your WiFi turned on...very weird /strange /odd ;
- the Settings menu is...more confusing than ever - if you want to change it for the better I agree, but like this...why not keep it simple? is it that difficult?;
- that "Adaptive Icons" with white surrounding them is...very..white....white also a battery drainer - keep in mind that although the battery may be sufficient "on paper" reality after upgrading to Oreo is very different;
- RAM management is a mess and I am afraid that if I open too many apps and leave them running in the background I will brick the phone...for real. With only 4 apps running I only have available 800 MB while prior to the update I have no issue whatsoever, meaning that I had more than 1.2-1.4 GB available and plenty of apps running in the background;
- finally I think there is something wrong with automatic brightness - it does not work properly....I sometimes need to disable it and activating it again in order to get dimmer or lighter screen brightness - in Nougat I had no such problem and also this tends to decrease battery life because it's not working properly.
I ask people from GSMARENA to review the LG G6 review after they've upgraded this device to Oreo and post their findings as well and compare all other findings people might find. Perhaps only then LG will make the proper correction and try to keep their decreasing customers happy.
my opinion is that the upgrade oreo should be canceled until any problems that arise after the upgrade oreo are resolved
I have observed on my previous devices that updating to a newer android version takes up more RAM and screws up the snappy performance and multi-tasking ability of the device. So this time I'm not going to update to Oreo. Oreo doesn't have any killer feature that would make me want to switch.
Help people, 23 May 2018Do people have improvements after the upgrade oreo some concrete answers As far as I'm conce... morep10lite is crap .... g6 has flagship specs I don't mean 821 is up to date but its graphic card runs in circles around the lite offering
siminum, 24 May 2018I believe owners should not ask or beg on various forums in regards to Oreo problems; they wer... moreI think that they should be criticized because they do not care that customers and users of their devices are dissatisfied. I think they should react and find solutions for possible problems as soon as possible
Lg oreo solutions, 24 May 2018I think the owners of LG G6 need to contact LG facebook pages for a problem after updating Ma... moreI believe owners should not ask or beg on various forums in regards to Oreo problems; they were generated by LG Mobile division; they had this device in testing for close to 6 months now and they still done it wrong. If they cannot do it correctly after all the complains they had maybe it would be best to exit this business and stop lying to their customers and continuing to provide faulty devices.
Anyone know when will oreo hit the LG-H870S model? Thanks in advance!
siminum, 24 May 2018it seems that the water did not went away but managed to get into the devices; when something ... morei did, and it.s been 3 days now, but the same problem, EVERYTHING else works fine, from camera to data and wifi. even vibrations. just the microphone, speaker, earpiece and bluetooth (when connected to speakers or headsets)
I think the owners of LG G6 need to contact LG facebook pages for a problem after updating
Maybe lg finds solutions for problems
Star-Lord.be, 24 May 2018So after almost 24hours on oreo I noticed some things. Uses 20% more ram. On 7.0 I used 50 and... moreI can confirm your findings : since this morning, when I've updated the phone to Oreo, battery was 100% and now, after close to 8 hours, battery has drained 40%; I use Home&App drawer and it shows me, for that particular feature a 22% consumption - this is insane!!!; also RAM is way heavier as now I only have 700MB available while before the update I used to have 1.4 GB available. I also noticed that some feature, like round shape icons are missing from H870 (check YouTube for Oreo for G6 and there's a mini review there where the guy has that feature under display settings). I will try a factory reset this evening hoping that battery drain will disappear - if not...LG has failed again and it appears it's becoming a habit from which they cannot escape.
If any of you have any other findings please post them to be aware to what's to come.
So after almost 24hours on oreo I noticed some things. Uses 20% more ram. On 7.0 I used 50 and now 70. Battery is also poorer. 1h30 of screen time and battery already at 40% (lost 60%). Face unlock works but is slow (2-3 sec). Some minor thing I dislike is the pictograms that are in a white thing that doesn't disapeare when I select original pictograms. Showes without in menu but are on the homescreen.
LG_G6_arghhh, 24 May 2018hi guys, need some help..i dropped my phone in a puddle on the road. back glass popped out a b... moreit seems that the water did not went away but managed to get into the devices; when something like this happens grab your device and put it inside a bowl of rice and leave it there for 2 days - rice tends to absorb all humidity
hi guys, need some help..i dropped my phone in a puddle on the road. back glass popped out a bit and water got to the camera and under the LCD, but after a couple of days, it went away by itself.
-the phone crashes with "System UI has stopped working" when I make outgoing or receive incoming calls.
-Speakers and microphone doesn't work
-Bluetooth file transfer is ok, but phone crashes with "System UI has stopped working" when I connect to a Bluetooth speaker
-headphone jack is not working as well.
don't know if this helps, but it happened after doing a factory reset. I tried to flash the Nougat firmware, still the same, then updated to Oreo, still the same.
I don't know what else I can do...your inputs are super highly appreciated guys.
Help people, 23 May 2018Do people have improvements after the upgrade oreo some concrete answers As far as I'm conce... moreYes bye the lg g6 it is great phone but I would wait before you update to oreo I myself will wait until Google fixes the problem with oreo to me not much of an update
Help people, 23 May 2018Do people have improvements after the upgrade oreo some concrete answers As far as I'm conce... moreTo be honest I'ld suggest you to take xiaomi or meizu, or just samsung s7 edge. You should check the antutu benchmark, wireless charge, DAC,... In my opinion, G serie isnt as good as V serie and soon be out of date. You can see till now V30 is still considered as the flagship while there is no G6 advertise on LG twitter. V35 will just be a minor update compares to V30.
Took nearly 1 hour for downloading the update. Download from LG Bridge is slow as hell. Overall took me more than 1 hour to fully update. After the update I reboot the phone and the speed is sweet. I let the easter egg of nougat and after update is still available in notification. It runs faster than 7.0 and camera looks good. I cant double tap the square button to fast active multiwindows. Quickmemo now can creat gif. The setting interface is complete change. Picture in picture doesnt work or I dont know how to use it with Youtube. I feel like this is just a minor update for G6.