dr.mohamed, 01 Mar 2016How can i make hotspot successfully work ??I'm on T-mobile and have the ATT version of the phone. I got the hotspot to work by flashing the 5.1.1 PR rom onto the phone.
If you have a sprint version or are using another carrier, I don't know whether this will help with the hotspot.
You can check XDA forums for more info, but be sure not to brick your phone.
After 5.1.1 update,no heat issues at all.
Phone works fast and stable.
Best buy phone at the market.
I've had this phone for almost a year now and here's what I've found.
1. Curved screen. Believe it or not, it actually fits in a pocket better.
2. SD card slot. This is more of a necessity these days, I hate the idea of having to spend hundreds of dollars extra on a phone for memory that costs about $15 at a local store.
3. Camera. It's a decent camera, but let's be honest, no phone camera phone will ever rival a real camera. You are really only as good as your glass.
To be fair from the outset, I don't like this phone much. Having said that...
1. Runaway battery drain. I have no idea what is causing this, I'm not a heavy gamer and don't have a lot of apps that run in the background but I can watch the percentage go down.
2. Heat. Lots of it. I live in the north, so having it is nice in the winter, but I'm sure it's not good for the phone. This may be related to my runaway battery drain.
3. Accessories. Since the phone was pretty much a retail failure, no one bothered to make cases or anything like that for it. Good luck finding a case or other accessories.
4. Performance. Given the chipset and memory, it really isn't that quick. Now, that could have to do with the AT&T bloatware that is put on the phone that you can't get rid of, but the phone doesn't perform as strongly as I believe it should.
5. Buttons on back. Maybe I'm too much of a traditionalist, but I'm not a fan. Kinda wonky when you try and use them.
6. WiFi. I've noticed that it doesn't really do well. I have a 75/75 network and a 1200ac router, but it's worse than 4G LTE. If other devices I had performed badly I'd say it's the network, but this is the only one.
7. Battery replacement. Or lace there-of. Now that I'm having battery issues or something causing a drain, I can't replace the battery myself. So, I can either get the battery replaced and hope that solves the problem or just move on to another phone.
Overall I was really excited to get this phone when I bought it, ( I buy my phones outright so price is a part of the equation and I don't ever want a contract), but after a few months, that wore off. Now I'm at the point where replacing the phone is a real option. Also, given that other manufactures are becoming relevant in the US (ZTE, Huawei, Blu and many others) these major phone makers are really going to have to do better than gimmicks to keep their share given they charge between double and triple what the smaller makers get for their phones.
I am not anti-LG or anti any company for that matter, everyone does some stuff really well. I've had other LG's in the past that I really liked, this just isn't one of them. If you factor in the price it's currently going for, about $200 on eBay, it's really not that bad, but there are better options out there for a little more money.
I'd give it about a 7/10 when new, about 3/10 after 1 year.
Just a few observations for those who are or will be soon interested in this device. It has got only 2GB RAM not 3. The only G Flex2 device having 3GB RAM is H950 (HK version). But anyway RAM isn't a limitation as these are DDR4 working very good. The phone itself is remarkable from the design perspective. Curved display is so nice to use. The phone back so called "self-healing" is rather a marketing gimmick and the device gets sratches as any other plastic back, I would guess even more, lol. On the other hand considering its price being low word wide, this is a beast. There are no heavy overheating issues on the 5.1.1 version. The SOT (well I am rooted and using greenify and PowerNap) is around 5 to 5.30 hrs of medium usage. Antutu - mine slightly below 80K. Taking into account SD810 plus Adreno 430, for it's price, this is a winner. Although the Android M will likely not come as LG do not say anything. Camera is decent and I am absolutely fine with the pictures. There's not too many options in camera settings but you can download some extended apps on PlayStore and you'd be fine to go.
It goes on overheating anytime while using this phone .... How can i fix it please somebody help me ??
lg g flex 2 vs moto x play vs honor 7 which is better for photos, movies , mails
Anonymous, 22 Feb 2016Will this get the android 6.0 update? Because the previous g flex wasnt updated at all, and im... moreYes it should... ...there's no official word on when yet but it's on LG's confirmed list of devices getting Marshmallow. But you never know, anything can happen and Flex2 hasn't sold so well. If i was you, i would wait for it to get Marshmallow before buying it if Marshmallow update is one of the key reasons for you to get the device. I bought this phone couple of months ago and it had 5.1.1 out of the box, luckily :)
Will this get the android 6.0 update? Because the previous g flex wasnt updated at all, and im hesitant on ordering this because of the updates
elmogold, 19 Feb 2016I've just had it 2days ago and there are already (slight) scratches on the back panel, though ... moreHow is the camera and battery after the last update 5.1.1 I think.. I ve been reading all these negative reviews and I kind of regret for ordering thus phone :-(
sorry for my English but i have problem with camera cant connect on my lg g flex 2. Help me
LG decided to destroy the phone, and doing it with premeditation. They do not want to unlock the bootloader although the official software is defective and poor in any options, such as camera, no options and laser autofocus does not work. Price phone today is a ridiculous low. It is better to sell this wonderful phone and buy samsung, who does not make problems to developers.
I've just had it 2days ago and there are already (slight) scratches on the back panel, though I am really careful in using it. But it is not-self-healing. I don't know why. But system, camera and everything else is doing very excellent.