Been having this phone for 6 months now. so i guess i can comment more about it. i have 2 friends using this too. Just sent it to service centre yesterday. For people who are interested in buying this phone, i would like to highlight that this isn't a phone for heavy users. Simply because:
1) It lags
2) It freeze/hang. (mine hangs daily that's y it's in service centre now. My alarm don't work too. CRAP.)
3) sms can store up to 500 only. Can't save to memory card
4) the Accelerometer sensor is over sensitive. when typing my sms the screen rotates quite often and when u try to type something after it rotates back, all the text u typed got deleted. (i hope service centre fix this. also pls dun comment me that i accidentally shifted this phone while typing sms that's y it rotates bcoz i don't see my sonyericsson does that)
5) Battery indicator inaccurate since day 1. (when making calls for more than 15mins, the battery meter will jump from 3 bar to 1 bar. after you hang up the phone it'll jump back to 3 bar)
6) Phone auto cut off my phone calls but it shows there's still reception. (Rarely)
ALL MY FRIENDS AND ME EXPERIENCE ALL THESE FAULTS except for the alarm clock which is me only. In case u wanna comment of defend about it.
Well apart from all this, if u can live with all these faults, i would say this is a not a bad phone. The + factors for this phone will be:
1) It's really a beautiful phone
2) The speaker is loud and clear when u listen to music from the phone
3)Radio reception is great
4) camera quality is clear and sharp
5) it's pretty durable too despite it looks fragile. (my friend's phone has been abused but it's still alive)
Overall i would say if you like the looks, buy it. If you're looking for a reliable phone, look elsewhere.
My 2 cents.
Oh sh*t, should I buy this phone, even with every complains about its performance??
the fone s simply gr8 but since it has no GPS system in it so der's a problem!!
i just want to kno can i buy this phone here
if can, can u please send me the details like how much and the others
s.s, 08 May 2010hi.iwant to buy this phone.but afraid to buy because of the disappointing oppinions of the use... moreOnly on faulty phones, just got to get lucky and not buy a faulty one, if u get one on contract u have 13 days to return the phone if there is any problems with it and they will give u a straight exchange, if u get it on pay as you go then u normally have a 28 day policy to return the phone for a refund or an exchange aslong as you keep the reciept, so either one you get, contract or Pay as u go, u have time to actually use to phone and spot any problems with it.
Anonymous, 08 May 2010Hey guys help please! I am about to buy this phone but just realized I did not see any offers ... morei want to make order of the same phone so please send me the price and when i can receive thanx.
s.s, 08 May 2010hi.iwant to buy this phone.but afraid to buy because of the disappointing oppinions of the use... morehi
i have had this phone for 6 months now
and it is a good phone
still couldnt work out how they made it transparent myself.
i would highly recommend it to anyone
i havent had any problems with mine so far
hi.iwant to buy this phone.but afraid to buy because of the disappointing oppinions of the users.is that true that the screen turns black in the time of incoming calls?or its very incompetible with software updation.
Hey guys help please! I am about to buy this phone but just realized I did not see any offers of an unlocked version of this phone in NAM (850 HSDPA) does it exist at all? Cuz this is the one I need and am supposed to buy..Please let me know where to buy it too..
Anonymous, 07 May 2010arghh, i installed the update and it doesn't work! after i install the usb driver, nothing pop... moreWhen you have downloaded it, it should be on your desktop called LG or something, u need to go into that and syncronise all your contacts and your music before u can actually update it. Not sure about the comera tone, you prob have to turn the volume down or put the phone on silent or something....
arghh, i installed the update and it doesn't work! after i install the usb driver, nothing pops up telling me to plug in my cellphone. when i plug in the cellphone, it doesn't show "connected"! anyone got an idea?
ps. any1 kno how to turn off camera clicky noise?
Anonymous, 05 May 2010thanks for the fast reply aaron! just one thing, so what does this do for my phone? sorry, im ... moreThats ok. It just updates your phone software, basically it will be allot faster and reliable.
I had my LG Crystal 2 weeks ago and it's doing great. The camera might not be a big hit but the other features rocked my world. I didn't have any problems with incoming calls, 'cause the screen usually turns black so you won't be able to accidentally click anything there. And i remembered that my phone hanged twice for no reason at all but...its not a big deal. I restarted my phone and it was doing great!
honestly, the battery life isn't that bad. like, it's not the best, but you probably won't notice it at all.