Please help me out, I am unable to download files within the browsers like opera , teashark .. clicking on download navigates to the native browser and the file is getting downloaded successfully ... no option to download within the third party browser.. earlier with sony erricsson i was able to download within the browser..
Dear friend i have also send the suggestion the 10 points u suggested for improvement in lg gm 200. I hope more people send the recommendations provided by U to lg mobile serivice guys & they act on it
Dan, 17 Feb 2010Helo Nevin.I,d like to update my firmware via net,coz theres no lg center near my place. i,ve ... moreHi mate... I've almost got everything in place but hit a bump. I just can't seem to make the phone stay at the Firmware flashing mode. Did just as instructed in the page but my GM200 automatically restarts after connecting the cable instead of staying shut down. I suspect there is some kind of a code or a button that needs to be pressed in order to keep it shut down. Anyway I'm searching for that trick. Wish some LG service personnel would reveal that technique here. Guess i'm stuck here till then.....
Nevin Joseph, 16 Feb 2010Hi everyone... Got a reply to the complaint I've posted on the LG website via mail today.. ... moreHelo Nevin.I,d like to update my firmware via net,coz theres no lg center near my place. i,ve download the softwr from the links that you paste in this forum.but i,m so confuse for the next step. Maybe you can help me.
Got a reply to the complaint I've posted on the LG website via mail today.. I'm just gonna post the contents below as it is.
The resolution of below mentioned issues or the addition of new features also requires some hardware changes
which may not be implementable at this stage.
However we will take your suggestions into considerartion for any new release of software version for this particular model.
LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd
Well the news is not that welcoming but atleast they have acknowledged the issues...
Anonymous, 16 Feb 2010Dont bother with H.264 support. Even if they do provide the support it will pretty much be use... moreI do agree mate.... I've seen H.264 videos lag like snails on low end phones that support it. The dropped frames n jerky video is a downfall to the otherwise superior quality offered by H.264.
Nevin Joseph, 14 Feb 2010That option is not available in GM200 nor is it available in most recent phones today.That option is still available on most Nokias released today.
physiovinayak, 15 Feb 2010Hi all u GSM 200ians and the perspective buyers of India. Me and Nevin(GM200 Guru)had a discus... moreDont bother with H.264 support. Even if they do provide the support it will pretty much be useless. H.264 requires a good deal of processing power and RAM to play any video with decent video quality. Its better to convert it to Xvid or mpeg4.
Mahesh Acchra, 14 Feb 2010After various attempts, I got access to the link. Can you guide me as to where I need to fill ... moreHi all u GSM 200ians and the perspective buyers of India. Me and Nevin(GM200 Guru)had a discussion on the firmware and related issues of our favorite GM200. I am hereby, posting what we think by far the most important things that either need to be fixed/added/upgraded. We have put in a our best of efforts and just need a bit of sweat from all here, and may be we will be able to pull of this thing and see our GM200 to be the best among the best. All u guys have to do is-
b. fill in the details.
c.. In the comments box just paste this, with a bit of initial editing. Here it Goes-
I Bought this wonderful cellphone on 3rd of jan 2010. I really liked the power it posses but then i was flabbergasted with its crappy firmware. In my opinion this phone has the potential to be the best in its class. Some of the annoying bugs that need to be fixed immediately are.
1. Only first no gets backed up on the external memory if there are multiple entries.
2. Games or application cannot be accessed with the mp3 still playing in the background.
3. The Volume rocker key should be functional even wen the keypad is locked and mp3 is on. If LG is promoting this phone to be a music phone then the volume rocker keys should even have track change functionality when keypad is locked.
4. The Message capacity needs to be drastically increased. My phone does not seem to hold more than 200 msgs including all the message folders.
5. It will be great if the LG think tank increase the internal memory(at least 40mb) and also the external memory expandability to 4gb.
6. Get more themes.
7. The mp3 stops playing once the owner hangs up the phone after calling others; though it resumes when a call is received and disconnects.
8. Java is unstable and the handset tends to freeze after exiting the application/game. The phone has to be restarted to recover.
9. The picture editor is a welcome feature in this phone but it would be great if the edited picture could be saved with a size greater than 640X480 pixels.
10. The video player should be able to switch form portrait to landscape mode anytime when the video is playing. And there has to be a shortcut key assigned for this.
11. The LG website states the support for mp4 H.264 code. It is yet to be implemented in this phone. So there is no support for mpeg4 AVC videos.
12. In the mp3 player, there has to be an option for sorting music based on Artist, Albums and Songs.
13. Get the message counter feature on this phone. really helps.
14. Application lock feature will really come handy and get a secure feeling for the owner.
15. And most importantly, the call recorder is missing badly.
16. While the Games/applications/mp3 are accessed if a msg is received the game/application/mp3 should freeze and the msg should be displayed on the screen with the senders name; wherein the user can either read and reply to the msg or else simply read and reply later else deny to read the msg in total and resume with the game/application.
17. If the game/application can be paused and minimised and later again be able to resume, then nothing like it.
18.The MP3 player can supports/reads/plays more file types (like ogg,flac,aac,wav...). Only the file manager can plays these files !!
19. When headphones are been put on if a msg is recieved the fone vibrates and the msg is not displaye on the home screen, so one has to go to the inbox to check out.
20. Call records feature is regretfully missing.
If these things are taken care of at the earliest then I am sure LG will be a brand to reckon with in the GSM segment.
Expecting a favorable reply at the earliest.
d. Once u guys have done this kindly post comment on the forum, so that we can get a count as to how many voices we are forcing onto them.
Anonimas, 14 Feb 2010Just bought this one 15 days ago. can someone help me to record calls (Incoming and Outgoing)...Sorry mate... it is not yet available in GM200 ...
Anonimas, 14 Feb 2010This set shows an option of join calls, however when clicked on join calls, it shows "Not... moreYup.. that da way to do it. Works perfectly alright for me... Might be because of network issues. I'm usin Airtel BTW...
This set shows an option of join calls, however when clicked on join calls, it shows "Not Done". Can someone please tell me how to conference calls on this one???
Just bought this one 15 days ago. can someone help me to record calls (Incoming and Outgoing)...
ALOK, 14 Feb 2010how can i go to next line without completing the upper line in writing message in lg gm 200That option is not available in GM200 nor is it available in most recent phones today.
Mahesh Acchra, 14 Feb 2010Hey thanks Nevin for the prompt reply. Will try it and will let you know.
Are you aware how... moreNo mate.. neither is available in GM200 right now...
The only way to backup messages is by the backup feature in message setting.
how can i go to next line without completing the upper line in writing message in lg gm 200
physiovinayak, 04 Feb 2010Hi all u GSM 200ians and the perspective buyers of India. Me and Nevin(GM200 Guru)had a discus... moreAfter various attempts, I got access to the link. Can you guide me as to where I need to fill the feedback for this model???
Nevin Joseph, 14 Feb 2010Hi.. mate.. Yes there is a slight issue with the maximum resolution this phone can handle thou... moreHey thanks Nevin for the prompt reply. Will try it and will let you know.
Are you aware how to save messages in my Memory card for unlimited storage? Also, do we hava an option of creating message folders?