Anonymous, 22 Jan 2010HI Nevin Joseph
Yes, you're right when sceptical me. BTW I have my opinion when say like th... moreOh that was very informative for me... I tend to think the music quality of GM200 to be more natural and balanced. Compared to 5130XM, GM200 does lag a bit behind in terms of audio reproduction but like you've said, in 5130, the mid bass does sound a bit elctronic and a bit harsh. I am by no means an audiophile so 5130 may be better in terms of audio reproduction but a bit harsh for my liking.
So far, the audio department is something which I am very satisfied with. Not to mention the superb batter backup.
And the mp3 resume problem is related to a firmware glitch. Try to get it updated with the latest firmware. It should resolve the problem.
HI Nevin Joseph
Yes, you're right when sceptical me. BTW I have my opinion when say like that.
- Actual 5800 Speaker is Loud but it not Clear and when you hear artist's voice, will have some echo ( i meant that like you're hearing a 3D Sound with more effect ). So the all over, the sound is not REALLY. More effect meant Low Quality with Music, it only best when you view movies.
- Before I bought 5800 XM, i had used N82 and before N82 is 5700 XM. First I think Nseries will bring a good entertaiment ( Music/video/image etc.. ) but I wrong. N82 only powerful about Image with Flash Xenon, the Music is more of treble, no mid & bass anymore. So after 5800 released, I sell N82 to buy a 5800 XM because I like the Real Sound of 5700 XM, so I think 5800 XM will bring a new level of Speaker, but I'm Wrong AGAIN !. 5800 XM speaker better than N82, but WORSE than 5700 XM ( like i say on the top ).
- Talk about headphone, the 5800 XM is better than 5700 XM with a bit less of distort ( 5700 XM is bad headphone because alot of distort when use over 80% volume ). Bass of 5800 XM still like other Nokia product, may be good with other, but not powerful with me ( I mean deep Bass and Mid Bass - I don't know how to say that, sorry ).
- Before 5700 XM i had a good time with W800i and I love Sony's MEGABASS function. In Nokia, I don't get that feeling, the "BASS Booster" preset only simple keep high level of frequency "53 Hz" to get a little more bass, that's not enough.
But today, the Bass i got on GM200 is little bit more better than MEGABASS function of Sony. Why I say that ? because the deep bass very strong while the Mid Bass still REAL ( not like a electronic Bass ). Especially the treble and TWETTER very clearly. ( Sorry, my Englsh is not good enough to say more better like that ). And the diffirent between DOLBY MOBILE & LG preset very clearly.
So that's why I say that 5800 XM is worse than GM200.
But it not mean that 5800 is bad, all I said is about Music Quality. With me, GM200 will replace 5800 in Music, but 5800 XM is powerfull Mobile with S60 5th ( new firmware 40.0.003 bring more feature like N97 mini ), Good Camera, Good OS etc...
Thanks all. Especially Nevin, thank you about your comment. But I don't know how to check FW version. Can you help me ? My GM200, if you hearing music and get a Missed Call, the mp3 player is not auto resume.
Anonymous, 22 Jan 2010Thanks mate, after a few hours, i have decided to get a new one and have some notice about thi... more
Well i agree with you on almost every point except where you said 5130XM and 2700 classic is same in terms of audio output. They aren't the same actually. You can feel the difference. 2700 classic is by no means different than 6303 classic in terms of audio output.
5130XM is definitely in a different league when compared with 2700 classic in terms of audio quality(through headphones).
Anonymous, 22 Jan 2010Thanks mate, after a few hours, i have decided to get a new one and have some notice about thi... moreHi mate...
That is one good review you've posted here. Even I was a bit sceptical how it would match up with the big boys like 5800. There are probably phones with loudere speakers than GM200 but the woofer does have its advantage. It reproduces the bass and punch of the music track without overloading the stereo speakers. So the output audio is loud and bassy without distorting the speakers.
This is what I like most about my phone. And glad to see that you are staisfied with your purchase. We all would like to hear more from you.
Thanks mate, after a few hours, i have decided to get a new one and have some notice about this phone :
- I am using 5800 XM and when compare the Loud Speaker quality, i see that GM200 is pretty good, sound clear, crystalize, powerful than my 5800 XM. I'm really surprise about GM200 Loud Speaker. And now, like i said before, GM200 can be now replace my mystice music phone 5700 Xpress Music. Thanks for all true comment here, and if you are fan of music phone, BUY IT, trusting me !! It better than W800i and 5700 XM ( i was used ).
- The Headphone is more excellent. When I use my Sony CFDA-H1, the sound very clear, Bass very perfect, powerful. Clearly than my 5800 Xpress Musc.
- The battery is 1100 mAh, I'm not test it yet but hope that it can keep about 4 days.
- And because I had already have a 5800 XM, so the JAVA app is not important with me, sorry because I don't have any java soft to test it.
- The big problem about this phone is only support 2Gb memory card. So when I try 4 Gb card, it can't read. I don't know why LG produce a Music phone but only support 2Gb card.
- The second is that The Music Player only accept MP3 files, when I use M4A files, the phone don't see it actual phone can play it by File Managers. Notice that you only can use DOLBY effect with Music Player and MP3 file.
- The Signal strength is Bad, than a Nokia phone. Some times phone show "Emergency Call Only" and Lost signal.
- The camera is good, better than my old 2700 Classic. In my 2700 Classic, when I captured a picture, it show a NRW ( Nokia Raw ) and took about 10 second to encode it to JPEG format. But with GM200, the phone capture it now with JPEG format and size is about 650Kbs ( my 5800 XM took about 750 Kbs ). The picture when see on computer is quite better than my 2700 Classic ( same 2.0 Mpixel ).
- Especially, I can connect to my 5800 XM to browse files !! That's a good idea ( but if you wanna play a music file, you need to wait it download to GM200 first ).
Finaly, I feel so good with this phone and can say that "THIS IS THE BEST MUSIC PHONE I HAVE USED EVER". Trusting me, This GM200 very good than 5130 XM because the 5130 XM is same quality with 2700 Classic.
if someone say that :" 5130 XM is better than GM200" or "GM200 is bad" or something like that, I'm sure that they had not hand on this phone.
And don't forget that I'm crazy fan of Nokia phone which used included : 7650, Ngage Classic, 5700 XM, 5220 XM, 5310 XM, N82, N79, 5800 XM. So that all i said is TRUE.
ex : If you're vietnamese, you can contact me for more information about GM200 : email@example.com.
My nick is all over forum ( GSMVN, PDAVIET, LEDMOBILE etc ).
Nếu bạn là người Việt Nam, đang lưỡng lự về GM200 thì liên lạc với mình, GM200 thật sự đã đánh bại huyền thoại âm nhạc 5700 XM của mình.
Anonymous, 21 Jan 2010Hi Nevin !
I had read all 60 pages of comment and have some question about GM200. Please an... moreSpeakers of gm200 are pretty good and loud. Its a lot better than N73, N82 and 5800XM in terms of audio quality thru loudspeakers. Sorry dont know abt 5700XM.
But since you have been using smartphones that comes with a large memory expansion option you maybe disappointed with gm200. Maximum memory card that can be used is 2GB.
Hi Nevin !
I had read all 60 pages of comment and have some question about GM200. Please answer me because i wanna get a new one, but not sure about some func
- I like to hear music over Speaker, so Can you tell more about 2.1 ch Speaker of GM200. Can it compare to 5700 because i had used 5700 for along time and see that 5700 have the best speaker still now ( now i'm using 5800 and can't compare with 5700, 5800 loser ).
Please Tell more about GM200's Sub-Woofer in action.
- How about music over original phone included with phone ? I'm using 5800, but not acceptable with it, the sound from it not clearly, crystall etc....
- How about Battery life if only in waiting for call ? don't use other func included music/radio/text message....
- My town still don't have LG service center, so I wanna buy a phone with newest firmware, but I don't know the newest version of GM200 ? Do you know that ?
- And finally, How about compare with other device ( out speaker ) you're using ? Can you list it because may be one of it i had used. I had used 5700 XM / N82 / N79 / 5800 XM.
Thanks mate, and sorry about my English too bad. I very interested with this phone, but i have not use LG phone before so please help me chose. Thanks mate.
Yash, 20 Jan 2010Youtube videos can be played or should we have to download and then play the videos in this mobile? GM200 does not support streaming. The videos have to be downloaded first to be played.
nik, 20 Jan 2010does this phone supports document viewer?Nope... but it does have a text viewer..
Youtube videos can be played or should we have to download and then play the videos in this mobile?
physiovinayak, 18 Jan 2010How can i watch videos in landscape?First go to vedios---> select 1 item---> options---> landscapeviwe...
natt, 18 Jan 2010hi nevin. the link for the pics, is not working please repeat, thx Click the link directly instead of opening it in a new tab/window
renjyth, 18 Jan 2010GM200 supports only 3gp and MPEG4 formats not mp4Well mpeg4 is actually the codec that is used to compress the video and mp4 is the container format. GM200 supports both 3gp as well as mp4 formats. The codecs supported are h.263 (3gp) and mpeg4 codec as well as xvid codec for mp4. The audio stream being LC-AAC.
physiovinayak, 18 Jan 2010How can i watch videos in landscape?Before playback, goto options and press 4 or select landscape. Then play it.
Dan, 18 Jan 2010Hello nevin.after you upgrade the firmware,now can the phone edit image above vga res. Without... moreWell I haven't been able to get the latest firmware yet. But since my last update, I've been able to open even large sized images having sizes of 1mb or more and a resolution of 1990x1200. I've even managed to open a 3.2mp image reconverted to a higher jpeg compression.
natt, 18 Jan 2010hi nevin.
the link for the pics, is not working please repeat,
Well it was kinda workin for me... anyway I'm gonna repaste it below...
RAHUL, 17 Jan 2010guys does the ringtone creator software present in the phone .. does'nt works perfectly coz i... moreI think the problem lies in whre the mp3 file is placed. Try moving the file to be edited onto the main sounds directory. I faced a similar situation when I tried diting mp3's from a subfolder inside the sounds folder.
Pavan, 18 Jan 2010Hi, mp4 format files are not being played. can anybody suggest me any software (download link)GM200 supports only 3gp and MPEG4 formats not mp4