Nevin Joseph, 07 Jan 2010New findings of the day.....
I knew from the time i've got my hands on this phone that it w... morehi nevin,
hmmm... nice report on the processor, was wondering about its basics?? keep it up... rgds
Nevin Joseph, 07 Jan 2010New findings of the day.....
I knew from the time i've got my hands on this phone that it w... moreHEy
i used the phone back up feature.. hey i would also like to get my hands on the pc sync software. my system has a vertical mount drive and the tiny cd slips through.. wer can i download it?
New findings of the day.....
I knew from the time i've got my hands on this phone that it was special...
I've downloaded the latest version of java benchmark ace application and installed it on my phone. For your information, J benchmark ace application estimates the CPU clock speed of the phone. At the same time searched the net for other phone results just for a comparison and here is how the results stand.
nokia 5130 ARM9 based processor @ 233MHz speed
samsung s3500 ARM9 based processor @ 192MHz speed
Ok so obviously everyone expects GM200 to lag behind nokia and maybe the tech hyped s3500. but even I was blown out of my mind when the results of my test came
LG GM200 also an ARM9 core based processor was clocked at a whopping 262MHz clock speed.
But this baby is kept under shackles because of the crappy firmware. It would rival any phone if all that CPU power could be put to maximum use.
Tnanx Nevin. you are a great help for me and for others to compare and to decide.
The nine point post is by me, just in case u ppl wondered who the anonymous is.. ROFL :)
Another set of request to the LG Guys-
1. In my opinion if GM200 is supposed to be predominently a musuc fone then i guess they shud provide in ear headfones and also the volume roker keys have to be functional even wen the keypad is locked.
2. GSM arena guys plz review this fone
Tried a mini usb headset with 3.5mm jack today on the GM 200. The headset were from some KP series, and guess what i could listen songs from both the headsets simultaneously... Yahoo :).. What this means is we can access three headsets simultaneously on the GM 200 if the mini usb cord has 2 3.5 mm jack, but i doubt if 1 can find such a cord :o... But its a gr8 feeling altogether..
Some really intrueging questions to Nevin, Natt, Stranger and all the GM 200 GURU's
1. Being a medico guy i am a novice at the tech front. But i am really enthusiastic to learn more about my device(of which i am a proudd owner) and utilise it to the fullest.
2. I downloaded so many games from zedge and mobile9 but none seem to be working. :(. I tried the trick for mp3 player and the games to run simultaneously. Worked quite well on my fone :). But will i have to do the same cheat everytime i wanna access a game or app? Will it be rectified with the firmware update? Now tel me do i have to necessarily register on the above said sites or can i directly download after selecting the fone?
3. Do have to install the setup file from the cd that comes with the fone onto my lappy necessarily? Coz my GM does not get charged while its connected to the pc.
4. What are the must have softwares to be installed on the GM. I want to read E books mainly. Tell me other must have softwares, as i read something called dp..? Written by Nevin in on of the forums.
5. Whenever the mp3 player is on, and if i get a msg there is vibration but no display that there is a msg recieved. Can this be sorted out?
6. Camera clearity is very poor with my GM, does not even come close to 1MP clarity. May be it will get fine with the firmware update hopefully as pointed out by Nevin! Another thing about the camera is how can i mute the shutter sound? It gives a feeling of a China fone :X
7. Plz give me the links of the games and applications that u have downloaded successfully on the GM.
8. Can i get the Sony MDR-ED12LP from the nearest sony ericsson service center. And does it work on the GM?
9. Any1 has recently got the firmware updated? I got my cell on 2nd Jan and will be updating the firmware on monday after i get a reply to this post of mine.
Only those who do not care about anything except the high sound ... You can buy this phone and you Reassuring.
dharmesh , 06 Jan 2010can we surf the net using gm200 on laptop and if yes wat speed we get we connect gm200yes phone comes with gprs modem and supports EDGE connectivity. I got an average speed of 15-20kbps using airtel gprs.
Bought it on 2nd Jan 2010... looks not so great.. but a good buy for the price and the features offered.. I could find one annoying thing till now.. that is the charging connector, which is not the standard mini/micro USB found in older LG mobiles like the KP220..
can we surf the net using gm200 on laptop and if yes wat speed we get we connect gm200
sako, 06 Jan 2010Hi nevin^ does it play mp4 files smoothly without the laggy effect? I am thinking of buying... moreYes it does play mp4 videos smoothly as lon as the video and audio data rate is within 400kbps. And I have successfully played even 320x240 videos with ease.
does it play mp4 files smoothly without the laggy effect? I am thinking of buying this Fone.
Nithin, 06 Jan 2010@navein i got the update done on 3rd of jan.. i think its the new one.. but there is no sur... moreAt this time.. there is no way of knowing the exact firmware version. The codes are known only by the ASC personnel and since this is a particularly new lineup, the previous LG codes doesn't work at all.and those that work are useless for finding the firmware version. I was shown the firmware version by the service personnel but he refused to give me the code. I'm still in the hunt for it.
Nithin, 06 Jan 2010hey i have a question.. wen we back up our contacts have you noticed that the second numbers f... moreGlad you could point it out because I usually use one contact entry per number. So there is no way I could have noticed that. Did you use the PC or the phones backup option?
aditya vijay, 06 Jan 2010hii guys ,i want to know whether this mobile support rm files or notNo... rm files are only supported on smart phones with real player or windows media player. The formats supported are mp3, AAC, eAAC, eAAC+, WMA, WAV, m4a and mp4 audio profile.
cuteguy, 06 Jan 2010Can i backup my text msg from phone to pc?Yes you can do that using the PC sync software provided with the phone.
When i listen to FM if any delivery report for text msg comes the fm automatically shutdown. what can i do?