nakama1925, 08 Oct 2010I downloaded the divX player but is a .exe file and I cant install it to my phone.
Where ca... more@ nakama1925, and Anonymous,
Follow the Instructions either in your manual, or from Anonymous's post below, regarding DIVX install/registration..
You need to install the player on your PC then transfer the video it downloads to your phone, play it, job done.
Not too hard to follow the steps, if you read them.
This phone is compatitable with universal androot, is there any risks in doing this? And if i do manage to it, can i do apps2rsd?
Diluen, 08 Oct 2010Yeah...follow it. Download the registration video file...move it to ur phone's SD card and ope... moreI downloaded the divX player but is a .exe file and I cant install it to my phone.
Where can I find the link to download the real divX player installer and where can I download the Registration Video?
Thanks for the assistance Diluen.
Anonymous, 08 Oct 2010"Check Settings -> About Phone -> DivX VOD Registration. Follow on-screen instruct... moreYeah...follow it. Download the registration video file...move it to ur phone's SD card and open it. After that you should be able to play DivX files.
Diluen, 07 Oct 2010Check Settings -> About Phone -> DivX VOD Registration
Follow on-screen instructions."Check Settings -> About Phone -> DivX VOD Registration.
Follow on-screen instructions."
After DivX VOD Registration it shows me this:
You must register your device to play DivX protected videos.
Registration code: ????????
Register at http://vod.divx.com
I open the url http://vod.divx.com and give me this instruction,
To play purchased DivX movies beyond your computer, you will first need to complete a one-time registration of your DivX Certified device.
* Locate the DivX registration code, normally found under “DivX VOD” in your device’s setup menu. Copy this 8 or 10-digit number down.
(I already have the code)
* Make sure you have the latest version of (DivX Plus Software and v7.2 Mac) installed on your computer.
( Do I need to install a player?)
* Open DivX Player on your computer and from within the VOD menu, select ‘Register a DivX Certified Device...’. You may be prompted to log in or create a DivX account if your account information has not already been saved in DivX Player.
* Follow the instructions in DivX Player to enter the registration code from step 1 and create a device nickname (e.g. "Bedroom DVD") .
* DivX Player will download a DivX registration video with the same title as your device nickname (e.g. “Bedroom DVD.divx”).
* To complete the registration process, you’ll need to transfer and play the registration video on your device. Windows users can use DivX To Go to transfer the registration video to a DVD or Blu-ray Player, TV or PlayStation 3. Both Windows and Mac users can burn the movie to a disc (CD/DVD), copy the DivX movie to a USB drive (if your device supports USB playback), or even play the video from your computer if you’re using a networked device.
* Once you play the registration file on your device, your registration is complete!
Hello, Mine didnt come with a PC Suite. Been having problem with it's connectivity with my PC. I need a PC Suite Software, Help!
Ricky, 07 Oct 2010Thanks Anonymous and Diluen for your replies. 1+2. I'm not confident enough to upgrade to 2... moreAlso kill any apps that are running which you are not using. I recommend using Advanced Task Killer (ATK) to kill ur apps.
Anonymous, 07 Oct 20104. headphones do sound good but look cheap.
others will notice u with cheap headphones not h... moreThanks Anonymous and Diluen for your replies.
1+2. I'm not confident enough to upgrade to 2.1 yet. I've read all RFB's posts about it but I'm still a bit wary. I'll probably wait till LG themselves issue the upgrade.
4. Headphones; I'm not bothered what they look like; just as long as they sound OK, sit comfortably and don't cost the earth ;-)
helper, 07 Oct 2010guys can u help me it won't let me sign into the android market even though i made a gmail accounttry using a different apn
Ricky, 07 Oct 2010Hello all,
This is my first post here and the GT540 is my first SmartPhone. Although I've p... more4. headphones do sound good but look cheap.
others will notice u with cheap headphones not headphones with good sound output.
helper, 07 Oct 2010guys can u help me it won't let me sign into the android market even though i made a gmail accountreset factory settings n create a new account
is this phn support live wall papers and hows the sound quality of earphn plss guys answer soon.
This is my first post here and the GT540 is my first SmartPhone. Although I've played with iPhones and the Galaxy S, I'm pretty much a novice with SamrtPhones. In the 2 weeks I've had it, the GT540 seems to give good bangs for the bucks.
I got it from CPWH; £100 + £10 T-Mobile top-up. I already was on T-Mobile so I've used my old SIM.
I've gone into the Applications list and turned off all(I think) Apps that would use 3G, and I'm only using Wireless occasionally to go on the net download some Apps/games, send the occasional Gmail etc. I'm trying to avoid using the Google portal as much as possible, but will occasionally use it for Gmail and the Android store.
Anyway, I've got some questions that I wonder if any of you could help me with....
1. The phone seems to take a long'ish time (35 secs) to 'boot up'...anyway of reducing this?
2. When using the Phone function for the first time each day, if I hit Contacts then it goes into a lengthy loading procedure with the message 'Reading SIM Contacts'...this is strange since it is already listing all the contacts on the screen. I have Data Synchronisation switched off...might it still be trying to sync with the Google online Contacts?
3. Is PayPal now accepting payment for Google Apps?
4. The headphones actually produce excellent sound... if I can manage to 'screw' them into the correct position and hold them there ;-) I guess I'll be buying another set (with mic)...any suggestions?
Thanks in advance,
nakama1925, 07 Oct 2010I converted the video file to .m4v then it works.
anyways, how can I register DivX VOD?
It... moreCheck Settings -> About Phone -> DivX VOD Registration
Follow on-screen instructions.
Diluen, 05 Oct 2010Try using a different media player like RealPlayer Beta or Rockplayer...all free from Market.I converted the video file to .m4v then it works.
anyways, how can I register DivX VOD?
"You must register your deviceto play DivX protected videos"
choochoo, 06 Oct 2010its not available in white color here in the philippines!!!grrr...
but, is this a nice ph... morethis phone is not just good but GREAT.
i believe white color is already available here in philippines.
try to look in Mall Of Asia or in SM Megamall Cyberzone.
guys can u help me it won't let me sign into the android market even though i made a gmail account
Guys... Specially in India. A bit of news update
I dropped in a mail at customer support & they have verified that the 2.1 upgrade for Optimus will be available by 3rd week of October. Just a couple of weeks due.
The reply I got was from Mr. Deepak Raina CS-GSM LG Electronics India.