Hi, my old SE w200 is showing some signs of its age and leading me to buy a new phone. So I looked at cheap phones, but with a lot of features. This one came on top, but it IS an LG phone, so I thought it wouldn't be much good...
However, after reading all the comments here (with special attention for the ones by RottenFoxBreath, thanks!) I've come to be convinced that this is, in fact a good choice. :)
But there are some pieces of information still missing for me to make a properly informed purchase. And most of them are related to the actual calling (you know, the main reason to call this device a "phone"?).
I'm sure that all my doubts are answered in the owner's manual, so I went to LG's site to download it, but, to my surprise, I am required to install some LG app, associate with the phone and then download the manual. Since I haven't purchased it, I can't downlaod the manual! Amazingly stupid of LG, but ok...
So here I am, asking someone who already owns this LG phone to upload (to rapidshare or some site like that) the PDF file of the complete owner's manual, in english, please. And then post here a link so I can download it.
This is a superb device. It is better in performence then samsung's android phones. Samsung' s galexy is hanging in many times but gt540 is very good in speed and nice battery beckup.
Prasad, 20 Sep 2010I bought this phone here in India about 2 weeks ago and I have to say that this phone looks li... moreWe dont know about india but down here in the uk we dont get a pen or a pencil with this phone because it is perfectly fine with our fingers
Prasad, 20 Sep 2010I bought this phone here in India about 2 weeks ago and I have to say that this phone looks li... more3. Press Dial On Button to open Call Log, touch the green icon in each entry to redial.
4. Open the contact you want to edit, press menu button, choose edit. Touch the + symbol in Phone Numbers to add more
5. In call log, long press on the entry you want to delete, a menu will pop up.
Prasad, 20 Sep 2010I bought this phone here in India about 2 weeks ago and I have to say that this phone looks li... more1. find an app that can use yahoo
2. you dont need a stylus the touchscreen is fine
3.4.5. find a better app
6. click the button all the way down - a half press focuses the camera
this is a great phone for a low price
I bought this phone here in India about 2 weeks ago and I have to say that this phone looks like a useless dud. The reasons are
1. I was using a blackberry before and push mail (yahoo mail) worked fine in it. I am not able to get yahoo mail as push mail in this phone.
2. This phone comes with a touch pencil but LG does not supply a cover for this phone. So, I have nowhere to keep the pencil.Every where that I have enquired in the market here in Chennai, they say that they do not have a cover that can accomodate the pencil. This is a big goof up on LG's part. Probably LG expects its customers to carry the pencil above their ears !
3. With most of the phones in the market, I can dail the last called number with just 1 or 2 touches. But this dud of a phone requires 4 to 5 touches (steps) to redial a last called number.
4. Address book entries - only 1 phone number can be stored for a person. With several other phones in th market we can store several phone numbers, e-mail IDs, address details etc., etc.,
5. Call log - we cannot delete selective entries from call log. We have to delete the entire bloody log !
6. Camera - aim and click does not work. It requires 2 or more presses of the click button as some image centering or some other such stupid thing happens with the first click.
A totally useless half baked business phone is what I would call this LG GT 540.
Official GT540 Forum Are Here, looking for ROM cooking and Modding.
Come Join us :)
Admin And Moderator Opened.
Amazing performance. Im using this for a week now and very much satisfied with the level of performance. Cant believe its an LG product.
Aiba, 20 Sep 2010@ Ronnie
As for getting eclair(2.1), if it didn't already come with it, then... more1) Hopefully v2.1 released soon.
2) If WiFi doesn't work, check your router settings (if u have a router). If mobile network doesn't work, contact your mobile service provider as they may not have enabled your internet connection settings (not to do with your phone.
As for getting eclair(2.1), if it didn't already come with it, then ur just gonna hav 2 wait for news on it like the rest of us.
No, the mem card won't have affected ur network settings, check your APN settings in Settings>Wireless controls>Mobile network settings>Access point names, coincide with ur carrier.
Also make sure "Mobile Network" box is ticked after doing the above.
Manual should help tbh.
Hi guys....I live in Germany and i just bought this phone 3 days ago and i CANT use or access the Facebook or meebo applications that comes already installed in the phone...is it because i changed the original mmc (memory card)in it ? and also i would like to update my firmware to 2.1 or anything higher if there is a possibility but cant tell which software and HOW to do it. I really need your help guys....u could also email me into details if you wish (email@example.com) salute!!!
Hi guys....I live in Germany and i just bought this phone 3 days ago and i can use the Facebook or meebo that comes already installed in the phone...is it because i changed the original mmc (memory card)in it ? and also i would like to update my firmware to 2.1 or anything higher if there is a possibility but cant tell which software and HOW to do it. I really need your help guys....u could also email me into details if you wish (firstname.lastname@example.org) salute!!!
have it since last 2 weeks
performance is just great
this is 1 of few products i like from LG
i think it is as good as symbian products of nokia in this category
but only problem it has only 1 mail that can be configured to push mail
Even with the screen protector on (that it comes pre-applied with), I haven't really had any serious problems with responsiveness.
RANGARAJ, 19 Sep 2010toch scereen is not good other wise hed phone is normal its verry bad other wise is goodhave you taken of the screen protector?
toch scereen is not good other wise hed phone is normal its verry bad other wise is good