Peachy, 06 Mar 2021LG K61 can't screen record or have the option vibrate when typing????! Only if you install something like GBoard
k61 owner, 26 Feb 2021it does not have screen share😥Iv been using lgs for years and this k61 has really disappointed, the screen gets easily scratched too, but as for screen i think im getting rid of it ASAP😠
Disappointed user, 09 Apr 2021
1) "Octacore" apparently means that 8 snails were installed. It takes 1 second or ... morego into the developer mode and disable the window animation scale, transition animation scale and animator animation scale to off.
if you do not know how to get to that go to settings about phone, in software click on build 6 times and that should enable developer mode, you will then see it in settings
I forgot to add, I was going to say that there is one major benefit to the slower hardware installed into this phone; efficiency. The battery life on this phone is very good, with standby times surpassing any other device I've ever owned before. I don't use my phones that often throughout the day, and this phone was able to last almost 4 days on a single charge, reflecting my sparse use of the device itself. It's probably not the best out there, but I'm still personally satisfied.
The other thing is the main camera; it's very good, but again, probably not the best out there. The ultra wide, depth & macro lenses are more of an afterthought than anything though, they're sorta just there so LG can say it's there. Shooting video is a little weak on this device however, with a maximum 1080p resolution at 30 fps. The slower hardware may be a factor regarding why it isn't capable of a higher framerate or slow-motion video, but this could potentially be addressed in a software update.
This phone is almost a jack of all trades device, but it falls slightly short, and it certainly isn't a master of any. For everyday tasks such as browsing the net, watching videos, taking photos, or using social media apps, it definitely does the job well enough, albeit not quite as gracefully as competitors within this price range.
The phone falls short when it comes to more demanding applications such as gaming. Microstuttering is present on a lot of games i've tried, and no amount of tweaking the game's resolution or framerate seems to help (it seems to affect the device globally). Lightweight stuff seems to be the best option, such as old console emulators or very casual games. The lackluster processor and somewhat slim amount of ram means you're also going to have to be mindful with multitasking.
The other big problem is that this device just isn't very common in canadian or US markets, making it somewhat difficult to find accessories for it. I could not find a screen protector that properly fits this device, for instance.
If you're really overdue for an upgrade and you can find this phone for a good deal, and stuff like gaming isn't a huge priority, I'd recommend it. As a replacement for my 6 year old huawei device it surpasses it in almost every way, but it definitely won't hold a candle to flagships, or even other devices within this price bracket. If you curb your expectations, this device is an okay choice, but at MSRP, there are definitely better options.
1) "Octacore" apparently means that 8 snails were installed. It takes 1 second or more until the mobile phone reacts to a touch. With complex websites your face falls asleep. This is the slowest cell phone I've had in recent years. 2) The color contrast is too strong and cannot be adjusted. Red appears extremely dark. 3) The precision of the touch screen leaves a lot to be desired; I would not buy the LG K61 anymore.
Personal experience: my sister and I both have this aweful phone (lg k61). We took a 4 hour drive with our mother to our father's house. I pay lots of money for unlimited data and so does my sister.
In this 4 hour drive we got a total of 15 minutes of music to play from both our phones. Yet my phone used 2 gigs of data? I feel like this phone is way behind in technology and shouldnt have been put on sale from such a "major" company like lg and Telus/Koodo.
LG K61 can't screen record or have the option vibrate when typing????!
Just reddit, 25 Feb 2021Here's what I know about updates and LG. If your phone it's not originally branded t... moreHi just reddit! My LG K61 have just got updated to Android 10 sometimes ago and the software have slightly change in terms of the volume, and few nifty features like wallpapers from LG smart can be found in the gallery, other than that no video update from 1080p to 4k (2160p), slow mote/time lapse so hopefully there will be special software upgrade for video department.
it does not have screen share😥
Max, 24 Jan 2021Hi Dave! Just wonderin' how do you upgrade your phone from the current software android 9... moreHere's what I know about updates and LG. If your phone it's not originally branded to a carrier I don't think you get an update
Wombat, 15 Sep 2020According to LG Support, if the phone has a pre-installed app called "FM Radio" then... moreI love LG phones but LGK61 is actually a bad phone. Its performance on internet browsing takes forever. You just wait until if fails. I won’t recommend it unfortunately. Am so disappointed.
It's just a good phone for an average user.
If you don't want to play pubg or asphalt 9 (in the new android 10 update it's runs much better) on this phone you are able to enjoy the photos, the games etc.
Lena, 09 Oct 2020I HATE my new LG k61. I wanted a phone with a GREAT camera and figured this would do the tri... moreThe normal shoots are using 16 mp (or 12 idk) quality, but if you switch to 48 it takes a a little better photos if you zoom in, and it's better to zoom in when the picture is already taken (in the photo editer)
(Sorry for the ban english)
This is LMQ630WM, but there is also model LMQ630EAW (a.k.a. LG K61s) released May, 2020 with 4 GB RAM and 128 GB ROM, with little bit improved camera (same specs on the paper though) and a € 100 bigger price tag.
LG K61 has just received an Android 10 update but the 4GRom hareware was not received an upgrade, there is only a slight change to software system and no video upgrade from 1080p to 2160p hopefully someday there will be a software upgrade to 4k (2160p) though!
Dave, 21 Jan 2021LG just put out the upgrade to Android 10 today. Works fine. Pictures look fine. Battery wor... moreHi Dave! Just wonderin' how do you upgrade your phone from the current software android 9 pie to android 10. Could you please provide a tip. Thank you!
Deadshot13, 01 Sep 2020Just got this phone . will it ever have android 10
LG just put out the upgrade to Android 10 today.
Works fine. Pictures look fine. Battery works fine.
The Google Assistant button can be turned off so quit bitching people. My only complaint is that the screen goes right out to the very edge of the phone causing me to sometimes accidentally touch it when I don't want to but then virtually all phones are going full screen now. Other than that I like the phone.
128 gb is nice to have too. If you want a professional digital camera then buy an actual digital camera.
Let's be honest.
1. Fingerprint sensor issue. You have to press power key twice to use fingerprint sensor otherwise it doesn't even whisper into your ear if you do so without the power key, responding to your fingerprint is way out of the question.
2. Worst side button for Google. Didn't even need it when it still uses your voice to activate Google assistant. What a useless button.
3. In 10 years of smartphones owned, I have never ever seen a phone so sluggish, irritating and misbehaving. Anything you open, it goes all dark a millisecond later. Then you have to unlock again using same procedure as in first point above.
4. LG is supposed to have quality as it has been in market since Samsung, Apple and other popular rivals. However, they do not know what kind of OS should be run on hardware like K61 has. Unbelievably irritating experience.
5. If you slide down notification panel very slowly you'd see problem with graphics like the corners of notification panel would create creepy shapes and a weird transparency and blending of front and back graphics that leave you regretting forever, or until you change your phone.
Verdict. Think not once, not twice, at least as many times as you can to understand these above-mentioned points that are only 5 out of, I don't know how many as I find some new faults everyday I do something new with this phone.
Kindly consider buying something worth every penny you saved to buy at least a good phone.
LG left me crying in tears as I spent my last buck on buying just a piece of amusement, far from functionality and productivity.