Luke, 30 Aug 2016I have it for a month, and I love it. The only bigger problem is battery life. If you're using... moreMy thoughts exactly :) About Nougat update, it seems this phone is eligible for that update as right now, Nougat only seems to be compatible with with the chipsets that has openGL ES 3.1 and many potential devices like HTC One M8 and Sony Xperia Z3 are left outside because those devices don't support 3.1 :/
My private phones are almost all Motorola's and the latest 2 were the Moto G and then a Moto G 3rd Gen and they were great. As a company phone I got the Huawei P8Lite and that one isn't all that bad either so when I dropped the Moto G3 I thought "why not?" and bought the LG K8. Big mistake! Why?
Well, I've had it for 8 weeks and these are my issue's:
1. The button on the back is already showing some cracks.
2. When calling someone you can here the speaker cracking the entire time.
3. The phone has only 8GB of space and more than half is already used by the OS and stuff I don't want but can't delete. Sure I can strip it down to the root but come on, stop with all those stupid apps and stuff. If I want it, I'll download it.
4. camera isn't that great by day, and forget about making pictures at night.
5. It's slippery
6. Small inperfection on the edge of the cover. I removed it because it cut my finger.
7. Keep a powerbank on stand by because battery life isn't great.
After 8 weeks I'm fed up with this phone and I ordered the Moto G4 Plus. It shows, you get what you pay for.
I have it for a month, and I love it. The only bigger problem is battery life. If you're using it a lot, it will go from 100% to 0% in few hrs. But expect that, PHONE IS AWESOME. Will it get Nougat update??
The processing power is awesome. Really slick usability. 2 big problems: watch the battery. Disable functions you're not using or the phone will die in hours. But the biggest issue: system data uses half the internal storage. Once a few standard apps are installed such as Spottify, facebook, instagram, etc there is NO SPACE LEFT!!! Even when you move apps to external storage (I have 16gb) they still use internal storage for some functions. Really frustrating. Can't load any more apps!
With a big sd card and moving all apps in the usb storage i have loved this phone i gpt it for 111 euros
New world order, 30 Jul 2016Strange phone. One part its awesome second not. 1. Battery drains too fast. When you are co... moreYeah, I also experience this knock code issue. I had this same problem with cheap LG I previously owned - LG optimus L80....
Anonymous, 29 Jul 2016Keyboard is bugged - I've turned all autocorrect related options off but still it occasionally... morethis happens when you tap somewhere in already typed text, after you type in second character, keyboard inserts the word right of cursor in the place of that second character... very annoying bug...
gige, 07 Aug 2016Its good phone only i dont see notification lith no signal on missed call or mesageIt doesnt have notification light
Its good phone only i dont see notification lith no signal on missed call or mesage
Have this phone for 4 days. great display, 4g works fine, i dont play games so i cant comment on that, camera for its price range not bad, but battery life really sux,in 14 hours: 10min call, 2hours browsing, 30min youtube, no games, no texting, internet turn off when not using, all updates disabled and thats it
Anonymous, 24 Jul 2016It's much betternot as good as the G3 but CPU performance-wise seems close, considering the amount of ram is less that makes perfect sense. i don't know about the G4 though.
This phone really is useless as the built memory and pre installed aps leave it unusable and unable to do any updates.
Internal Storage: 8 GB, System File: 4 GB
Is this Marshmallow phone support Adoptable Storage? I didn't find the menu yet.
Regarding the battery issues some are complaining about, any phone connected via 3G or LTE will drain the battery faster.
Also, if the battery uses SIO technology (LG proprietary) it may the days or even weeks to "stabilize".
Strange phone. One part its awesome second not.
1. Battery drains too fast. When you are connected to 4g. Maximum 5 or 6 hours.
2. Knock code is working with bugs. 2 weeks it was responsible. After you have to knock like a woodpecker 5 or even 6 times when it responses. Sometimes it just dead so i have to use back button to unlock my screen
3. Lg started to freeze and already rebooted several times during last 2 days.
4. When wifi is on sometimes network cell connection looses its signal
Keyboard is bugged - I've turned all autocorrect related options off but still it occasionally melts words together and rearranges letters within already typed words. Besides, backspace erases whole words very fast, I often delete a lot more than I wanted..
Anonymous number2, 21 Jul 2016Can someone give me a honest rate of this phone? I know for it's price that it's great but thr... moreIt an ok phone. The battery really dies fast. I had the note3, then a cheapie prepaid, now this in the last few months due to a move. In the 2 min it took to write this the battery went from 6 to 3%