this phone sucks! I have it for a year now...
It's very laggy. I can't find any themes. You can only install some Java games & applications but you just can't easily use them. the user interface sucks. I really got borred after 1 month. But i have no maney to buy a new cellphone... The only good thing is the camera. But hey wait a minute! : you can buy a super dig. camera with 100$. and buy an open source phone (symbian for example) with the rest of your money...
my renoir is the best i had it for a year. its time for a new phone and im just goin to get another one.!! i kinda abused my last one! but its a great phone with alot of features!
NICHOLE, 18 May 2010hay does this phone have threaded mesages?no it doesnt
13. While in silent mode, the phone should play the ringtone on the headset during an incomming call or if a message is received. Also, it should not ask the permission to play sounds on the headset while in silent mode. These rules should not apply if the speaker is selected while the headset is connected.
Sorin, 02 May 201012. You can't provide Internet to your laptop using the wireless connection, so that you are u... moreYou can't even use your phone as a wireless gateway using an external wireless router.
12. You can't provide Internet to your laptop using the wireless connection, so that you are using the high speed GSM Internet on your wireless computer network with the phone acting as a wireless router or access point.
Here's another one:
11. Xvid movies can't be played on this phone. I didn't try other video formats but a user compained about Windows Media below.
I forgot to mention:
10. The media application doesn't store user prefferences between sessions: if you set "Repeat off" and "Shuffle on", they are reset to "Repeat on" and "Shuffle off" when you turn off the media player. There's no way you can save your media player prefferences. Also, if you like "Dolby Sound" to be on, you have to turn it on each time you start your media player.
This phone has a poorly designed OS, that stands in your way when trying to use your phone. This makes the phone featureless and very expensive for what it actually does, even if it could do more. The phone is only fancy, not usable.
This phone has some annoying issues you should know about, when considering buying it:
1. the media player and the radio application only allow you to change volume using the side buttons; you have to tap the touchscreen to change the song (on the media player) or to change the radio freqency or channel; so you have to take the phone out of your pocket and dedicate your time exclusively to it while changing the song or the radio freqency.
2. even though it has wireless, you can't trasfer files to it using this connection, unless you setup a dav server; it doesn't have a file manager capable of ftp or smb or whatever.
3. even if you buy it directly from LG, it doesn't allow you to install 3rd party java applications - file managers, messengers, etc., unless they are signed (which I find it stupid on LG's part)
4. it doesn't allow you to install supplemental security certificates or to navigate to secure sites that present a self signed certificate - another stupid behaviour of the application
5. you can transfer files only by USB or bluetooth - I mention this again, because I find it very important to transfer files over wireless or GSM connections - who needs wires these days, LG?
6. you cannot use your phone's camera as webcam
7. the GPS cannot transmit the data to your laptop and by default it can be used only with Google maps, which needs GSM signal to function; there's no "traking mode" in which you could turn off all the phone's radios besides the GPS; you can't see the actual GPS coordinates; there's no GPS standalone application and no offline maps.
8. IMAP mail doesn't work.
9. The accelerometer needs verry high acceleration to trigger the screen rotation.
The bottomline is: you have a nice combination of hardware (the perfect one, in my opinion) you could use if you'd had the proper software. There's no way you can use your phone properly.
This cell has several issues like the accelerometer doesn't work fine with sms's, the camera doesn't work fine with a few light. I'm dissapointed with this cell phone.
jacktin, 02 Apr 2010u need to buy sotfware from LG Thanks for reply. If my phone have Youtube software, but still cannot connect to Youtube. How.... Please advice, since i bought this phone almost one year.
Do you know how to mute the camera sound? You know, that sound annoys me during taking photos?