i have been thinking about buying this phone but i have a question, when you all say the screensavers are horrible and you cant get rid of them, do you mean you cant change the wallpaper/background of the phone?
Anonymous, 18 Jul 2009its a beautiful phone but it just broke after 2 months good thing i got warrantee sometimes ... moreI hav that SAME problem RIGHT NOW..as of TODAY it froze on the prada screen. WHAT he HELL to do?!
Ok ive had this for about a month now but ive been tryin to trade it in for a nokia for about 2 weeks. i havent been successful cuz im not gettin my moneys worth and cant afford to pay more after the amount i spent for this fone.
it freezes and resets on its own after doing just a few minimal tasks. it takes too long to go thru the options, not tooo long but just long enough to drive u crazy. the screensaver is set to prada clothin ads which arent exactly my favorite but i cant turn it off or change it. the touchscreen feature is just too slow to actually appreciate the "easy" smooth aspect of it.
it looks nice.its prada.
as one other person said..ur really only gettin it for the name,but for practical usage its pretty limited.
DO NOT i repeat DO NOT get this phone! i got it 2 days ago and i recharged the phone for 24 hours and after just 6 hours it started to automatically restart its self! everything loads slowly just too slow, the QWERTY keyboard buttons are spaced out too much making it difficult to write and not as easy as they say it is. and yes your ONLY PAYING FOR THE NAME.
the ONLY thing i like about this phone was the LOOK thats the only thing people really care about i mean lets face it how many people go into a store and choose an ugly phone even though its probably the most reliable and easy phone with the best camera, apps and what not.
and THEN theres the PRADA sleek looking, QWERTY keyboard, 5mgp camera and touch screen thats what you see but then theres the realiyt problems that people dont want to see is the LOW battery life, over spaced buttons, slow loading and the phone resetting its self
so all i have to say is DO NOT get the LG KF900 PRADA its a RIP OFF!! YOUR ONLY PAYING FOR THE LOOK NOT THE QUALITY!!
does anyone know how to make the contact display picture bigger? when someone calls i can barely make out the picture...
It is good looking phone but don’t buy LG PRADA KF900 because I bought one few months ago. It’s was working ok first but later it randomly shuts down and some time the screen just froze. I have to remove the battery. I am living in USA, not customer support for this phone.
I bought the LGKF900 in May, it completely went haywire after two weeks and had to be sent back for 2 (2!) months for repairs! it's been fairly stable since I got it back, but it does sometimes randomly shut down. When it's working well, it's a real treat to own; the interface is fun, it's sexy, people ooo and ahh over it and the mp3 player and FM radio make it a great travel buddy. Downsides are no IM and the browser is a bit wonky, but there are a ton of Java apps for it: I use eBuddy for AIM and Yahoo and the Opera Mini Browser. The provider I use is T-mobile (since AT&T were utterly baffled by it) with unlimited internet - it's kind of slow, but I use the wifi wherever I can. I had NO idea how to set up the network with T-mobile, but I had help from a fellow Kf900 owner and it turned out to be totally simple.
Anonymous, 19 Aug 2009how do you switch off the radoi (FM).. i find no option.. can any 1 help????1. usual quit button (the 'end call' button)
2. press app shortcut button (in between the 'lock' & 'camera' buttons), press > at the top, press 'end all'
Anonymous, 20 Aug 2009Im in FL and I got it to work on At & T, its complicated , but it works... phone sucks though.... morecan u plz tell me wats wrong with the prada 2, cuz i wana get it but i've been hearing many complaints from owners
can u plz tell me the wats wrong with it?
my email is email@example.com
i got my lg prada 2 unlocked, everything was good until it restarted by itself when i was sending text msgs. its happened at least twice every day and i've only got this phone for 3 days. has this happened to anyone? anyone know why it restarts itself??
Anonymous, 13 Aug 2009I just got this beautiful device! However, I tried to get on ATT's network all freaking day. ... moreIm in FL and I got it to work on At & T, its complicated , but it works... phone sucks though. email me if you want the details
how do you switch off the radoi (FM).. i find no option.. can any 1 help????
tech, 17 Aug 2009well.. based on ur review this phone is VERY awful, i'm not gonna buy thisI'll admit I didn't mention any of the cool features and things that work. It sure is chock full of them. But since my last post, it's crashed twice more ;)
Anonymous, 13 Aug 2009I just got this beautiful device! However, I tried to get on ATT's network all freaking day. ... moreI want to buy this phone and try it on TMobile. Could it be that ATT's network, although GSM 850/1900 and works with your SIM...is the culprit? I want to remain hopeful but your review makes me sad...and scard it wont work.
This thing sucks in so many ways that I'm not sure the awesome features balance out well enough. The theory rocks. I really like what they've tried to do. But with the drawbacks I've experience I want to bring it back to my cell provider and see if they'll cash it in for the Nokia 5800. I didn't like that fone then but I bet I'll like it now!
1. The interface is slooow. When it fades or slides from one page to another, it sure looks nice, and I could stand to wait, if I didn't already wait a whole second for the effect to *start* after I touched the screen. It must take a second and a half from when you touch the screen for it to be ready to accept more input in the next screen. Many options in this phone are three or four menus deep, which makes it take a while to get *any*thing done.
2. Not enough system memory. I am *SO* serious! I'm not being picky here. Listening to music requires two applications (a file browser and the audio player application). Often, when I've chosen my music in the file browser, the audio player can't open because I reach the limit of open applications. This happens switching between the photo gallery and the image viewer as well, or switching between the contacts application and either the camera or the file browser (to choose/capture an image for a contact). All of these apps require its sister app to operate properly, and there's only enough memory for one app to operate... Good luck leaving the music playing in t he background and being allowed to do ANYTHING else! It claims 23MB of system memory, with approximately 10.5MB used by "Other". I've deleted/purged the phone of all java applications, music, and pictures, and that mysterious 10.5MB of the system memory continues to haunt me. Opening one application, like the music file browser, getting ready to listen to music, doesn't affect the memory in use very much at all, so i'm not sure memory is the problem at all in fact. Very annoying. WHAT is multitasking then? lol.
3. LG, can we get a new firmware soon? PLEASE :'( I've owned the phone a week and it's crashed at least four times. Once I was pressing fast-forward in the music app, and it just rebooted. Rebooting takes 60 seconds or more. twice I had just taken a photo and waited for it to appear on the screen, so I could choose to save it, delete it, send it... and I waited for fifteen minutes. No buttons responded; I finally had to take the battery out. The second time I waited about five minutes before taking the same action. The other time I was browsing photos in my gallery and it got a garbled screen, like TV static, and then just black. Had to power it up after that, it was off.
4. It's inconsistent. Lets say I reply to Alice's SMS. I'm in the middle of writing my reply, Bob sends me a note. I decide to send him a quick reply and get back to Alice's note. I hit Reply. I'm placed back at /Alice's/ reply, with Alice in the recipient box. fine, I guess it wants me to finish Alice's note. I do so, and hit Send. The next screen says Sending... Bob. What? Even though Alice is in the recipient box, *Bob* gets the letter?!? Ok lets try it again. Next time, I erase the contents of the recipient box, and *select* Alice specifically. Still says sending to *Bob*, but *Alice* gets the letter. What the heck?!? Why would I even bother using this thing to write to my friends if I can't predict what which friend is getting my notes?
I suspect a new firmware could address my drawbacks. But do I wait for it, limping along? Or do I go down to the cell store and demand my contract annulled so I can try the Nokia 5800....
I just got this beautiful device! However, I tried to get on ATT's network all freaking day. I guess they can't register me on their gsm network as the phone it's not from here. Anyone have this problem in the US? I live in Chicago...HELP PLEASE!!!
ma phone got swtchd on due to low battery.. i put it on charging and tried swtchng it on ..but its not happening.. pls help