I bought a LG KG300 about 3 weeks ago. It worked for the first two weeks and did not have any problem. About 1 week ago, I left radio on for over night. Next morning I could not power on the phone. I thought it was running out of battery. I tried to recharge it but the battery can not be recharged and I could not turn the phone on. I am not sure if this is a phone problem or battery problem. I wonder if someone has had similar experience for this phone before and would like to share it with me.
Hope REmington is watchingthis
The trick u mentioned below didn't work with my LG KG300. Pls check out
its nice phone but i have a problem about theme.can i change the theme of my mobile pls mail me AMA_ASAD@YAHOO>COM
hi ppl please tel me if da phone has any problems cos i am planning to buy it also tell if i can put any software in it........ thanx u can also email me at email@example.com
hi,i buy the lg kg300a at Rs.9600 and it is a great phone at cheap price,but i cannot conect to internet,can anyone post gprs settings of celloneportal.
Hmm Bought this phone on Jan 04 2007 and much impressed.Most time passes exploring its features.But a zoom of 2x is unsatisfactory with a 2 M.P camera.Also a 100 Kb of limit on GIF images annoyed me.But an excellent look.On the contrary one can buy this set without thinking blendly,he will not be disappointed.Well i have a request,the reader of post,do you know how to download GAMES in this set?
a multimedia phone with cheap price.
too bad, there's no blitz and cd for pc sync. and there's no shortcut key for erase and pointer like nokias.
well after very long time i am able to find a very nice mobile phone who full fill my all mobile needs.the features,design is very good the camera and video camera is very good design is also very good.only thing the games and other softwear is not available.
For all you who concern "NO CD on the LG KG300 Package" but want to backing up or restoring your phonebook to/from CSV format, you can follow these steps:
1. Download from GSM ARena - Click "Manual" icon below the picture of KG300. Download "PC Sync software". Install it into your computer.
2. Power on your phone. Connect your phone with your PC using USB cable, your have to select option "Mass Storage" OR "COM PORT". In this case, select "COM PORT" then your phone can connect to the internet via COM 3,4, or 5. (Note: Select Mass Storage" then you will have G: drive for extended memory and H: for phone memory to organise your music, images, photos, and sounds).
3. Run PC Sync software you have already installed. Go to Settings, select COM PORT as the phone give you. Click "PhoneBook" icon, then answer "yes" the "Do you want to connect".
4. Enjoy, from now you can keep your phonebook safe.
Note: If you want to restore your CSV file from your old handphone (difference sequence of data), you can translate your CSV data to XLS or DBF using Office of Dbase program. Add/Delete/Arrange the data column which match the KG300 format). The format you set has to be based on the ACTIVE fields of LG phonebook you choose. Please read your manual.
Nice work Remington. I've 2 doubts
1. LG KG800(chocolate) manual says that it has Java capability but it's not mentioned in LG KG300(dynamite) manual does'nt mention this
2. Is the content bank software available at LG website or any other sites on net.
Did it work on ur dynamite handset?
Pls reply soon
today saw and tested the LG kg300 and i m much impressed by the improvement made by lg. An excellent TFT LCD with excellent pixel great feature and price is about 180 us $, great effort by LG
hai all.....i baught kg300 yesterday.it was very excelent performance in camera and music according to its price.
but its battery backup is low.and i cant get gprs connection.pls mail me the gprs settings of airtel.
well after doing a lot of research a found out a way to install java games on lgkg 800, hope this one works for kg300 too.
1. Hand phone Connection and “LG Contents bank” Software.
LG Contents bank software included in CD. You can download picture and ring tones from PC to Hand phone using LG Contents bank. But is often found by the problem of connection because mistake of procedure. Step which must be done to use this software is :
1. Switch on modem at hand phone (chose menu setup connectivity modem).
2. Connect USB cable from PC to LG KG800 Chocolate.
3. Close menu and lets it slide remain to be open.
4. Run LG contents bank software.
5. Press “Connect” and chose USB connection.
6. Now you can download picture and ring tones from PC to LG KG800 Chocolate.
If you found error message “Timeout”, release USB cable and repeat step by step.
2. Add Download Java Games Menu at “LG Contents bank” Software.
With LG Contents bank original only can download picture & ringtones. For add download Java Games menu, follow step :
1. Close “LG Contents bank” software if you opened.
2. Open file “config.ini” in folder “Program Files/LGGSM/LGContentsBank”.
3. Edit parameter :
EXIST_JAVA=N -> EXIST_JAVA=Y
MODEL_NAME=xxxx -> MODEL_NAME=KG800
4. Save and close file “config.ini”
5. Make sub-folder “Java” in folder “Program Files/LGGSM/LGContentsBank/Contents”
6. Open program “LG Contentsbank”
7. Now you can see Download Java Games menu.
3. Download Java (*.jar) file.
Java Games usually use *.jar extension. You can download Java Games from http://www.mobileplayground.co.uk/uploads/lg.htm or other site. This tips to download *.jar file and make compatible with HP KG800 Chocolate.
1. Use “JADMaker” software to make *.jad file from *.jar.
2. Open *.jad file using Notepad and add this parameter : MIDletX-LG-Contents: KG800
3. Copy *.jar file and *.jad file to folder “Program Files/LGGSM/LGContentsBank/Contents/Java”
4. Run “LG Contents Bank” software
5. Press “Connect” button.
6. After PC connected to HP KG800 Chocolate, press Java button.
7. You can see *.jar file now in list.
8. Download *.jar file to HP, now you can wait until download process done.
9. Now in your HP KG800 Chocolate will display installation menu. You can finishing the installation menu from HP KG800 Chocolate.
10. After installation finish press OK in PC.
I get a beep sound after constant time when on call. is there any settings to eliminate the same on this Lg phone model .
I was attracted by its slim beauty and find the fon cute and presentable. My problem now is the GPRS could not be activated. Please help me, im using maxis.
thnx for the info... phone looks great! but shud i choose it over SE k750i which is almost the same price?
the specification seems to be ok, LCD 320*240 TFT 256K sounds better can some one tell the picture quality/display is it like samsung d840 etc
hi, I bought it yesterday. It is PRS. 10,800.00. It has some limits and problems. Like ringtones, sms/mms tones limits and gprs connectivity and java applications installation problems. The material use of whole body is quite cheap and scratches but design is kool. No edge, no infra. All other features are good enough. But cannot compete SE K750i PRS. 11,200.00 and Nokia 6230i PRS. 12,300.00...