you can't change the message tone and you can't create folders for the messages. kindly read ur manual first. aside from that read also my review.. its on the third page i think from the last post.
How can i dowanload my Contacts to my PC in LG KP199,Send sugg to firstname.lastname@example.org
how can we change the message alert tone (not the ring tone, i know how to) to our specified one?like for example a song from the my stuff folder. been trying to figure this out..
how can i put a new folder on the msg.?
hey i made a review on this phone here... just look at my comments and post..
on the calendar events... i don't know since i dnt usually put events on my calendar..
-yes you can move ur messages from ur sim to ur phone and vice-versa
-the strap is on the top of the phone, as in top
-messages is i think 500sms... it has 60MB internal phone memory... just divide it by the average kilobyte of ur messages.. more or less its 500 sms i think
Hey, thanks again. I'll do that when i march onto the stores, place e590 and kp199 side by side and finally decide.
Although I do hope someone can really post the total number of SMS that can be stored.
Anyways.... Some final not so important concers...
Can I copy/move the messages/SMS saved on my SIM card to and from the phone's inbox.
Where are the holes for the hand/neck strap located? Top right/centre/left or bottom right/centre/left?
How many events can be stored in the calendar? KU250 only stores 100 events.
Thanks a bunch!
Does it have edge? plz answer this. Because some sellers claim that it has edge.
it's really hard to choose between the two since e590 is also a good phone.. it really depends on you.. just follow ur instinct and what u really like at first... disregard the negative comments on the 2 phones since it sumtyms confuses u more.. just decide what is it that u really like..
about the contacts.. the kp199 has a pc suite. It is in the www.lgmobiles.com site where u can move ur contacts..
the playlist is only one but has unlimited storage for songs depending on ur memory card.
about the compatability of earphones on lg units.. i really dnt know..
u cud also install document softwares as long as it is ".jar" file and any other applications as long as it has the same resolution as ur phone..
where to download .jar files is up to you.. just search in the internet 128x160 java applications/games
there is no block/ reject software..actually when it comes to privacy samsung is the best unlike nokia,lg or sony ericsson..
on the lock key.. u cud lock ur phone w/ a password.. but its just like that.. unlike samsung where u can also lock the messages and more..
there are also no themes available for lg.. but just the pre-installed one which is black or white
the sound during calls is clear and crisp
charging is 3 hours to be exact.. but remember that eventhough it is charge for 3 hours.. battery life could stand even for a week or a month (in standby mode) depending on the usage. It has a great battery power..
keypad is nice.. it responds well and its not hard to press
here's an advice... before u buy, why not look at both units and decide which one do u want... since it is much different when u are holding it already..
owner of lgk9199, 20 Apr 2009-keypad is really nice
-there's 2 slots only,one for the memory card and the other is for t... moreThanks for the fast comments.
So there is a number shortcut for every command and submenu of the phone. Nice.
Anyways, what I meant about the headset/USB port/charger is - are the accesories of KU250 and KP199 compatible since they are both LG handsets?
I bought a headset on the LG main office in our place and it has a volume rocker and a nice 3.5mm jack on the other end and of course the flat and thin connector that connects to the universal plug of the phone.
Well, i do hope someone could give exact figures on the phones maximum SMS capacity based on experience.
Here are some more questions:
1. Can I backup the contacts, calendar and to do entries on the memory card (just like my KU250)? And can I upload the contacts that I backed-up from my KU250 to KP199 since there are no option to transfer the SIM contacts on the phonebook memory. Its a bit tedious to manually input hundreds of contacts in the phoneboook.
2. Does it have a secret (password protected) memo and password protected keypad lock option?
3. Telephony. Is the signal/reception crisp and clear during calls(or is it network provider specific)?
4. What do you mean about "nice" for the keypad? Does it respond well/tactile? Good for texting?
5. Is there a block/reject call option and a block message option?
6. How many hours does it take to charge the KP199 if it's battery is empty?
7. Aside from java games, can we install other handy applications? Like for example, a document viewer or anything? The 60mb internal memory should be put into good use. And, where to download those java games?
8. Can we create a music player playlist? How many playlists? And what's the maximum number of song per playlist? KU250 has unlimited no. of playlist each having 100 songs.
9. Can I copy/move the messages/SMS saved on my SIM card to and from the phone's inbox.
-keypad is really nice
-there's 2 slots only,one for the memory card and the other is for the charger,earphone and usb cable all at the same time.
-the earphone's end is same as that of the charger and usb cable... its not the common 2.5mm or 3.5mm since its flat and thin..
-the loudspeaker is so loud.. much louder than my mother's n82.. swear!!
-you can't create folders on the messages
-up key is messages, ryt key is shortcuts (which u can set/choose), down key is contacts, left key is profiles(which is final already,you can't add more)
-you can play background music for both fm/music palyer
-you could send sms to a group or to many
-it has a good display even on daylight
-java games are installed via memory card and not only thru wap therefore no expenses already
-the keypad is nice
-there's a shortcut to write a message... just one click.. in my phone its the up d-pad directional key
-the way to send the message is longer maybe 3-4 clicks.. but not eight.. u just nid to study the short-cuts
-message memory depends on the phone memory.. since the memory of this phone internally is 60MB it might store up to 500-600 msgs.
I'm planning to buy a samsung e590 or this kp199. but i can't decide which... e590 is just about a few hundred pricier than the kp199 and it has a 3.15 MP cam and almost have the same features aside from the battery life, although it only has a joystick pad and not a 5way D-pad which IMO may not be reliable.
Anyways, i have a few queries.
1. Shortcuts - i own an lg ku250 (which unfortunately, is on its later stage of its useful life), is kp199 navigation the same as that of the ku250 like if you want to access the inbox, from the menu screen, just press 5 then 2, or to write a message, from the menu screen, press 5 then 1 then 1 and so forth. i just read in the comments that to sent a message on kp 199, it requires 8 to 9 presses (is it 8 to 9 key presses using the D-pad?) which is a bit of a downer for me cause i'm a heavy texter.
2. can the mp3 and fm radio play in the background?
3. how many messages (SMS)can it store? KU 250 can store up to 300. And can you create a separate/multiple folder(s) for your SMS? KU250 can't... =(
4. can i send a SMS to multiple contacts at the same time (like the same SMS to 10 contacts) - send to many or to groups option?
5. is the screen visible in direct sunlight?
6. are the keypads tactile (good for texting), and the interface responds quickly during fast typing of texts?
7. is signal strength very good when calling, no/less choppy calls?
8. is the headset jack of all lg phones the same? like, can i use/plug the headset of my ku250 (which has a 3.5mm jack on the other end) to kp199?
9. since you can't change the shortcuts assigned on the d-pad at home screen, as previously mentioned, what are the four preassigned shortcuts on the d-pad when in home screen(like for example up-camera, down-calendar, left-contacts, right-create message)? how about for kp199?
That's it for now, many more to come. I'm planning to buy a phone this weekend and i have to decide by that time if is it e590 or kp199. Kindly help me decide. My network provider allows me to send unlimited text and make unlimited calls, thus i want to maximize that feature. my ku250 is just not up to the challenge so i really have to switch to a new appropriate handset.
How i do wish that gsmarena had an in depth review of this handset just like the e590.
thanks in advance for your comments.
You can more adjust setting by use this code.
Please help me.
1. Post link to download pc suite.
2. How to turn off speaker when use schedule FM record?
3. How to use FM 2 digit decimal(97.75)?
Of late mobile manufacturers are trying to sell their phones by adding little new features but compensating for this they have modified the LOOK and supplying LONG-TALKTIME battery (admirable decision) which needs longer recharging time. To keep down the price some features are partially removed. LG, SAMSUNG, MOTOROLA are more on this trend but NOKIA does all these RECESSIONS but in a lesser degree. Hierarchy of recession
just few days purchase tis cell phone? after open the micro sd cover, can't close it? try ask for help! the technician also can fix it! why the cover design so bad!
guys, how can we change the message alert tone (not the ring tone, i know how to) to our specified one?like for example a song from the my stuff folder. been trying to figure this out.