im jz buy LG kp 500, bt there r sum problem is tat my phone always restart by itseft...i think my phone software hav been gone..
AKI, 07 Oct 2009i have updated the firmware todayhow does u updated ur lg kp 500's firmware?
can u teach me?
MIKE, 06 Oct 2009I have a LG Cookie, my problem is that it is not showing the contacts name when ever a sms or ... morePlz check ur contact list... It must be having dual records.. Get it rectified.
i am eager to have a LG cellphone, but then i just dont know what is in this cookie thing and viewty and so on.. may i know der diferences?pls help me.. thnx..
Casey Grant, 07 Oct 2009Hey my name is Casey Grant and I'm 11 years old.
For christmas Mum is buying me A LG KP500 Co... morehey casey, before anything else... Ofcourse there's no such thing as perfect in this world. This also applies on cell phones.
First, have you read the specifications of the phone? If all its features suits your needs then go buy it.
your 11 years old right? I think this phone will be just right for you... Well i must say, this is too great.. =D
You know what? when i was 11, i didn't own a cell phone... =P Your lucky coz not all kids have cell phones, well there are actually some considering that its a high-tech world wehave today but most of the kids have lower phone models compared to cookie so your lucky... =) I hope you enjoy your cookie...
Hey my name is Casey Grant and I'm 11 years old.
For christmas Mum is buying me A LG KP500 Cookie!
I'v been reading the commets on the Phone and Some are Good and some are Bad ! Is the Cookie a Good phone or not ? Other wise i will ask for another.
But i really want this phone!!! Is the pictures and texting and videos and calling Any Good Thanks And hope you Reply Back
Cyah .. ..
..guys i use lg500 nd dre iz such a nice nd cool fhone 4 yng genration....thnx LG
hello everyone, for past 1 week i had been doing a lot of research for lg cookie and samsung star and finally i m going to buy cookie tmrw. I knw battery is a prob but it doesnt matter much because anyhow i ve to charge it everyday (i think i got this habit due to my old nokia 6300 whose battery must be worst in the world!). this is going to be my first touch screen phn n i m excited abt it. most of my frnds have star so i decided to take cookie (so that i can tease them!) besides thanks alot to gsmarena as its a complete n wonderful site.
Before I bought my Cookie, I was choosing between the this LG and Samsung..However, the two deciding factors for choosing the Cookie is the abundant firmware upgrades and hacks for the Cookie..as well as the built in stylus of which the Star does not have.
Oh btw, I scored a high capacity battery for the Cookie (1050mAh) over at Ebay. I figured this battery is comparable to the Star battery (1000mAh) or if not better (this high capacity has 50mAh more). I plan to use this as the main battery and the orig one as spare..
I have a LG Cookie, my problem is that it is not showing the contacts name when ever a sms or a call come's in.
the gr8est phone i have ever used....COOKIE.
i just want to know how to use skins or themes.
Well to sum all this confusion, I'll tell you the key points and my own opinions.
These are the points, you may or may not listen to me but we own a cell phone store in the Philippines so Iíve tested and mostly own some of the cell phones out in the market today.
1. Star has better battery back-up... - as in really! Period!
*LG turns itself off if you ignore that its battery is running out, but with star, itís rarely and will mostly never happen.
2. The sensitivity of the screen of Samsung star is greater than the cookie, u need a little force before the cookie can execute your command.
3. Star is more user friendly. If youíre not familiar with "LG interface" it takes a few browsing before you can familiarize with it.
4 & 5. Samsung star has 3screens while cookie has 2. Plus! star has a lot of widgets to choose from, unlike cookie itís fixed with 8 widgets.
6. The sound of lg is loud, even if the speaker is located under its casing. But itís really hard to tell which one is louder because as I play simultaneously the cookie and the star, it seems to output the same loudness but itís really hard to tell.
7. During calls, u can access very limited both on star and the cookie.
8. Security, the security of Samsung star is far greater than the cookie; you can lock your PHONEBOOK, MESSAGES, FILES, CALENDAR, and etc.
9. In my honest opinion, based on our sales and the record of receipts that we had from our customers, mostly females and teenagers bought the cookie while star favors more to the male group and many mature individuals whether physically or mentally. Maybe because of its style.
For a budget phone, I personally choose the Star over cookie. Thatís my own opinion.
Economic, and have the facilities of a high end phone.
Nokia has always the old and heritage looks no matter how costly it is!!!!! So guys come out of it and explore something new!!!!!!!
i recently bought dis phone, it is a decent phone,
the camera is average with no auto focus,but if u got a steady hand then no problem.
samsung star's battery back is slightly more than kp500.
but kp500 look's better than samsung star
it's easy 2 use even without d stylus