hi folks who planning to buy this Phone might help you in taking decision.
1. Touch Phone with Accelerometer:
We can see it
* while composing SMSSMS, if you tilt the phone in vertical position , you get a QWERTY Keyboard(much like ur keyboard style), while helps you quickly compose SMS, either with Stylus r your THUMB(tough for big thumb guys).
* While Playing Videos, if u tilt again in veritical position, you get full screen video. You can play either Mp4 or 3GP Videos.U can also play a WHOLE movie if you wish.
* While Viewing Photos(GALLERY) you can see them full screen in both Horizontal and Vertical position. You can turn on SLIDESHOW or manually go photo by photo using your finger to flip like you flip PHOTO ALBUM ;-).
2. Camera :
* Not bad quality. But if u wanna take photos @ night, u cant expect brighter images coz this Phone has NO FLASH. Moreover if u take pics in dim light the colors will be different shade. Suppose if you take RED color tshirt, it will be shown as PINK color.(Color Blindess ).
* In Day Light , Pics are in very good quality. This phone needs bright light to take snaps.
* Taking Videos is also good enough except it hardly grasps Audio . While playing you cant hear the sound clearly.
3. Downloadable Themes/Games/Wallpapers:
* I know every one color up there mobile, especially if your coming from Nokia or SOny Ericsson modes, but here is BAD NEWS, you CANT DOWNLOAD THEMES, R&D Process going for the same.
* You can Download Wallpapers and can apply them.And also supports GIF animated wallpapers
*You Can download Games via WAP from LG Website or you can download them from Internet. There are no full accelerometer supported games online YET.
* Phone comes with default games which have Dices game using Shake Control.(Love this game).
4.Memory Card Support:
* Phone supports 8GB, as Per GSM Arena,they say 16GB Card is supported.But i heard from other forums that phone with 16GB is performing slowly, You cant expect it run like 8GB card.
* Better go with 8GB. I guess that should be more than enough.
* Phone supports connectivity to PC via USB or Bluetooth. Transfering music files and videos are thunder speed from PC to Phone Via USB.
* You can take entire backup of your Phone or Memory Card.
* Can Sync Music via LG PC SUite just like Ipod.
* Can Sync Contacts.
* Has Mass Storage Support Via USB.Which is fastest way to copy files onto your phone.
6: Touch Sensitivity:
* Very responsive.
* Very Userfriendly. ( Even your kid can operate it , So beware)
*Perfect value for your money.
*Has all featurs one needed for current generation needs like WAP, FM Radio, Music Player,Bluetooth with ADP Support. etc
* I just dropped phone once accidentally while i slipped on my stair case while i was on call, there is no damage happen to phone. and my friend was still ON CALL :D .
* Appreciate LG is quite durable . But have to be really carefull coz we cant be lucky all times ;-). I felt as if I just slipped my heart.
9. BATTERY LIFE:
* I have to give 5/5 Rating for this phone.
* For me im geting nearly 4Days battery backup. Irrespstive of watching videos, listening to Music. and Talktime.
*Need to decrease dispaly brightness to 40%.
* change the touch setting alert to NONE.
10. Quality Of Speaker.
* Very LOUD. There is no SEPARATE SPEAKER.Used Ear Piece as SPEAKER too, so the quality of speaker is not upto the mark.
* Headphones came with handset are very good. Nice beat.Not ear bud type. Much like Normal Flat ear phones.
* NO FLASH for Camera. So night photography is worst quality.
* Not much good quality Speaker phone.
* No downlodable themes as of now
* No accelerator games in market except the ones came with phone.
I hope this helps someone taking in a decision.Any more questions drop in and will try to reply asap.
Please someone help me, I am getting this fone is 2 weeks and still ont know if I should get it. Please someone help with whats good and bad about it.
Karen, 24 May 2009Hey umm is the speaker good? i mean like most LG sound system is retarded >___>!!!
and it has... moreYou menttion that the use of your finger is impossible when messaging and so on, recolabrating your toucpad, i first set mine up with the stylus and it was ok but when i just used my finger it was alot better.
the idea of the phone locking itself is so that when your on a call you dont bump the buttons, i know it may make some things longer to do, but its their to stop even more annoying things from happening.
pros: QWERTY keyboard, accelerometer, take a 16GB card, 3" touchscreen, high speaker volume, simple and easy to navigate through the menu, has two interfaces, and some things the iphone will never have, bluetooth and easy removal of battery.
The only thing i wish it had was 3.5mm audio jack (no big loss there are other ways around this)
Im really impressed by the phone but id like to know if its still possible to facebook and mix with the phone even if it is touch screen...one sales rep told me its possible but the another told me its not...help someone
i just want to ask, does this phone have flash??? i mean when taking pictures..and does it have flash light??? just want to know,please answer & thankz in advance!!
Can I watch movies on this mobile? If Yes What format?
Thanks Need Help
i really need help.
is this phone good or not, please someone list the good things and the bad things about this phone, im getting it in 2 weeks and dot know if i should or not.
Please someone help
well my cookie battery last 3 days max and i dont mind charging it every 3 days, byw ur phone last 6 days? whats that? a black n white nokia phone like 1100 lol, dont complain about battery of ur phone is a touchscreen as this kind of phone consumes more power than a standard phone will keypad..
th only thing i hate about lg cookie is the BATTERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! poorest of the poor battery performance!!!! thats why i sold my lg cookie because of the battery! you have to charge the battery evry other day! with my new cel, i charge the battery after 5 to 6 days!
Gary, 27 May 2009Just got this phone. Exeptional!! Touch screen sensitivity & Handwriting recognition excellent... moreSo happy to hear some positive feedback! I've ordered mine day. My first LG and first touchscreen so I was a little nervous at first, but I suppose you never know until you try it!
Anonymous, 27 May 2009KP502??Yes. Only design of these 3 buttons are different. "They say" the sw is same as in LG KP500. My friend has KP500 model buy from TELE2 in Croatia. And today I will test it.
Paurin, 25 May 2009how to run .avi & 3gp files on this LG KP 500 mobile ???? if anyone find the solution, plea... moreJust add all your clips in memory card and choose the option all playlist while playing. What is your review about other features of the phone?
Anonymous, 26 May 2009Can i use mxit on my KP500?use ebuudy, check this forum out, www-mylgcookie-com
(change - with . )
Just got this phone. Exeptional!! Touch screen sensitivity & Handwriting recognition excellent!! Very Happy
I have found bug in my LG KP502, sw version:KP502AT_V10b. The bug comes randomly.
Sometimes it won't make internet connection.
I get it in this way: I connect to internet with browser opera mini or I check my e-mail. Than I disconnect. Than I connect again. So it can works 20 times or more, but when it reject to connect, you can't connect anymore no matter how many times you try until you turn off/on you mobile or you receive a call. It wont unblock if you even make call to somebody. I catch that bug every day, cause I use internet alot. Also gmail aplication doesnt work on this mobile phone. I buy this phone from VIP in Croatia.