I got lg u990 today from three store,and what i can say everything is ok,i wanted to buy n95,but after i saw lg i just bought it straight away.only one thing is disappointing is no wi-fi.But anyway i think i didn't make a mistake.oh ye one more thing i would like to know how to change themes ,any ideas?
hey can you touch up on the 'lag'issue for teh camera alittle more? this may be a big issue for me. My original sharp 903SH took great and clear pictures, but it had a huge lag problem, as you basically had to hold it there for about 3 sec after the shutter sound goes. so the pictures often comes out blurry as a result of shakes and stuff after taking the picture. Is there a similar problem in Ku990? if there is this ultimately may affect whether i get this or k850i. Thanks
thank u for the comment. the phone seems very promising as a camera and multi media device. Have u tried making calls with it? how's the call quality? or video calling?
Picked one of these up in store today. Had to play around. Comparing between K850i and KU990 for use as a carry around camera (mainly). First impressions:
1. Touch screen is excellent! Much better than i expected, very responsive and the feedback vibration is nice feature.
2. Vibrate is really strong compared to my old mobile (K750i), when receiving message etc - no way you could miss it!
3. The jog wheel can be a bit of a pain to use, ergonomics are not great for this imo.
4. Camera does take amazing pictures (and i mean amazing) - but its hard to do this. Picture lag is a bit higher than my K750i, bit annoying - but it is only a camera phone! Taken about 30+ photos (indoor, evening lighting conditions and tried auto/manual on almost all settings) just to play around and only one has been up to my expectations. Suspect (like most cams) performance will be much better in good daylight. The flash is good however... more testing needed to truly decide.
5. Handwriting feature works well and text messaging is easy. The whole OS and lg 'style' takes a bit of getting used to, but I'm getting there and starting to like.
On the subject of the DivX, the retail box comes with a DivX converter for the phone. Just a drag and drop video you want to convert.
Yeah, I´m kinda curious about the themes also..
Anyway for the video thing, I said you can convert enything to everything and for those who aren´t familiar with it, check the "Super" converter, http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html it supports bunch of formats and it´s free!
Yeah, I've read that, but I thought there maybe would be any upgrades before the final product. But thanks anyway.
Does anyone know anything about layouts/themes? Is it possible to change them? Download new?
Just got the phone yesterday from Three (first one to walk out of that particular store with one, didn't plan it, but hey). Great phone, really sexy too, the lens toggle is not a genious idea though but hey there have to be some downsides! I really need to get a cover thogh, it does feel a little delicate but don't all new phones these days! I really would recommend it and three offer some good deals. The camera is astonishing with amazing quality and great flash.
How is Mac support with the Viewty? calendar etc. Does it support iSync?
maybe you should read the review first?
It´s all there-it plays only divx5 nothing above...pitty, but you can convert anything to everything theese days so it doesn´t really means something...
1. Does anybody know if it supports DivX 6 or Xvid?
2. Is it possible to download/change layouts/themes on the phone?
Thanks in advance!
The "three" phone from the review is not a prototyp.
It have no Schneider Kreuznach Logo on the Backcover.
Look -> http://i20.tinypic.com/71tfyt.jpg
To The Noun:
Thanks for the info. I will check with LG for the case then.
anybody else know how to tell the prototype from the real thing? that video on youtube they show the Schneider-Kreuznach logo on the back and i'm pretty sure the version from 3 is not a prototype
Great looking phone. With all the great features it is sorely missing wifi...?? That would have seal the deal with me.
LG are going to do a case exactly like the prada one:
clic on "about viewty"
and on "viewty accessories"
but i don't know where you can buy it... probably on LG website soon?
The pictures of the case I want to get opens up if you click some of the examples i.e. the Prada one as it seems the most similar to the Viewty. I mean you don't need to take out the phone to use it, all you need to do is open the case each time. I don't want to just protect the screen from scratching it's the entire case, as some of my other phones have like unreal scratching.
Opps. Actually the width of the lens of Samsung G800 is 4.75mm.
Anyone knows the width of the lends for Viewty?
Actually I am considering between this phone and Samsung G800. I think they are both the most magnificent camera phones to come out!
The major difference I think is that Viewty has touchscreen and an onscreen qwerty keypad, whereas G800 has optical zoom and an interesting sound audio system.
So it seems like both is excellent but just not sure which to get...