I wouldn't mind paying an extra 20eur if it had an SD card slot. It's not the space, it's the hassle that one needs to go through when changing ROMs.
My friend you have done a mistake by buying it from Indiatimes.. their after sales is really bad.
Can any once tell me shall I get the international warranty if I buy it from Malaysia from my friend?
Whether it can be unlocked?
It seems this device price is too low there compared to India.
Sumeetxolt, 13 Nov 2013what about ART? ?? new run time have you turned it on?? still waiting for this in india I turned it on... so many apps crashes when u use ART. including whatsapp... so I switched back.
hi all , booked my nexus 5 for 29.9k on indiatimes yesterday ,confirmed delivery date is nov 26.will keep you guys update.
what about ART? ?? new run time have you turned it on?? still waiting for this in india
let me post some Feedback on this handset based on actual usage of 1 week..
1. Super sleek design and very comfortable to hold 5" Screen phone.
2. Extra leight weight.
3. Extra brilliant Display Screen quailty, real HD Display 1080p - actual scratch protection on daily usage items (like putting keys and phone in same pocket- still no sign of sctrach)
4. Super lightning fast, 4G LTE data as fast as Wifi.
5. Simple Kitkat Android design and low on RAM usage (as measured by various Task killer apps)
6. Good camera photo Quality but only in static condition.
1. Camera photo capture UI - quite Basic, very few Options, below par - (This can be upgraded by Google with Basic updates, hope they do it soon), The autofocus takes too Long to stabilize the Picture.
Camera itself is decent enough and takes some brilliant Pictures in static Position if you want to take Picture of moving objects then you will be always unsuccessful. Google Needs to fix this soon and make complete makover of Camera Capture UI..
2. Battery lifetime - 2300 mAh battery, you cannot expect very high life battery back up from this capacity----But--- there are few ways to improve it and improves the battery life by over 30%.
It is unfair what I see that many official Reviews are comparing Nexus 5 with LG G2 which has 3000mAh battery.
Nexus 5 can be compared to HTC one which has same battery capacity.
Here are some ways to improve your battery back up time:
1.The main Feature which consumes Maximum battery is Display , if you Keep brightness between 80-100%, then it uses 60% of battery life. Keep the Display Brightness to 20% and the Display still Looks very good and bright becuase of the excellent True HD Display..
2.Under Settings--> Account-->Google, Switch off all Google sync Services except, Gmail, Contacts & Calendar (if you want) because all other Google Services like Google photo, vidoes takes away huge battery life.
3. Switch off complete Google no Service as this is not something you Need, it is only useful if you are Google hangout Pro user for Business Service Location sharing.
4. Under Settings also Change the Location Settings to Battery Saver mode, Default in the phone is set to High accuracy.
5. Switch off the Hot Word detection under Google Services as this consumes high battery and not such useful Feature , I mean why would you want your phone to be active 24x7 to have listen to you all the time..
6. Switch off the Location sharing for FB Messenger unless you want to give your Location Information to everyone while sending Messages on FB.
I made the above changes to my phone and my battery life Performance was (for usage of 45min-1hr call, 2hr of Surfing on web and apps, continous use of whats app, 3G Network):
-->Before the Settings mentioned above - 13h, 10min
--> After the Settings mentioned above - 1day, 15hrs (very impressive, almost 2 times more)
Battery life on 4G LTE nework.
Note: Without any battery saving Settings mentioned above I used my phone on 4G LTE with same usage pattern, my battery lasts only for 7hrs
with improvement Settings - 15.5hrs on 4G LTE.
I hope my actual Hands on experience on Nexus 5 answers most commonly asked questions here.
It is a great device to have if you love Android with best in class specs and you Need to do some small modifications in your Settings to get the most out of the battery.
lastly , i have not opened the device neither found any HW tear down of Nexus 5 by anyone to 100% confirm that LG did not repeat the same mistake like on Nexus 4 where they did not connect processor to metal Piece for heat dissipiation, but based on my usage so far the mobile does not get heated up like Nexus 4, so hopefully they took care of this HW issue..
Enjoy your Nexus 5 and go for it, if you want to use best in class 5" True HD Display, snapdragon 800 Google Android Stock Version without any customisation from manufacturers which creates lag in performance.
sunny3790, 12 Nov 2013which would be a better option in terms of performance & lag free operation samsung galaxy... moreNexus 5 would most definitely be the most lag-free phone out there (that's android) bcuz it's stock android and samsung devices are full of lag bcuz the UI (touch wiz) is vry bloated!