hi all , booked my nexus 5 for 29.9k on indiatimes yesterday ,confirmed delivery date is nov 26.will keep you guys update.
what about ART? ?? new run time have you turned it on?? still waiting for this in india
let me post some Feedback on this handset based on actual usage of 1 week..
1. Super sleek design and very comfortable to hold 5" Screen phone.
2. Extra leight weight.
3. Extra brilliant Display Screen quailty, real HD Display 1080p - actual scratch protection on daily usage items (like putting keys and phone in same pocket- still no sign of sctrach)
4. Super lightning fast, 4G LTE data as fast as Wifi.
5. Simple Kitkat Android design and low on RAM usage (as measured by various Task killer apps)
6. Good camera photo Quality but only in static condition.
1. Camera photo capture UI - quite Basic, very few Options, below par - (This can be upgraded by Google with Basic updates, hope they do it soon), The autofocus takes too Long to stabilize the Picture.
Camera itself is decent enough and takes some brilliant Pictures in static Position if you want to take Picture of moving objects then you will be always unsuccessful. Google Needs to fix this soon and make complete makover of Camera Capture UI..
2. Battery lifetime - 2300 mAh battery, you cannot expect very high life battery back up from this capacity----But--- there are few ways to improve it and improves the battery life by over 30%.
It is unfair what I see that many official Reviews are comparing Nexus 5 with LG G2 which has 3000mAh battery.
Nexus 5 can be compared to HTC one which has same battery capacity.
Here are some ways to improve your battery back up time:
1.The main Feature which consumes Maximum battery is Display , if you Keep brightness between 80-100%, then it uses 60% of battery life. Keep the Display Brightness to 20% and the Display still Looks very good and bright becuase of the excellent True HD Display..
2.Under Settings--> Account-->Google, Switch off all Google sync Services except, Gmail, Contacts & Calendar (if you want) because all other Google Services like Google photo, vidoes takes away huge battery life.
3. Switch off complete Google no Service as this is not something you Need, it is only useful if you are Google hangout Pro user for Business Service Location sharing.
4. Under Settings also Change the Location Settings to Battery Saver mode, Default in the phone is set to High accuracy.
5. Switch off the Hot Word detection under Google Services as this consumes high battery and not such useful Feature , I mean why would you want your phone to be active 24x7 to have listen to you all the time..
6. Switch off the Location sharing for FB Messenger unless you want to give your Location Information to everyone while sending Messages on FB.
I made the above changes to my phone and my battery life Performance was (for usage of 45min-1hr call, 2hr of Surfing on web and apps, continous use of whats app, 3G Network):
-->Before the Settings mentioned above - 13h, 10min
--> After the Settings mentioned above - 1day, 15hrs (very impressive, almost 2 times more)
Battery life on 4G LTE nework.
Note: Without any battery saving Settings mentioned above I used my phone on 4G LTE with same usage pattern, my battery lasts only for 7hrs
with improvement Settings - 15.5hrs on 4G LTE.
I hope my actual Hands on experience on Nexus 5 answers most commonly asked questions here.
It is a great device to have if you love Android with best in class specs and you Need to do some small modifications in your Settings to get the most out of the battery.
lastly , i have not opened the device neither found any HW tear down of Nexus 5 by anyone to 100% confirm that LG did not repeat the same mistake like on Nexus 4 where they did not connect processor to metal Piece for heat dissipiation, but based on my usage so far the mobile does not get heated up like Nexus 4, so hopefully they took care of this HW issue..
Enjoy your Nexus 5 and go for it, if you want to use best in class 5" True HD Display, snapdragon 800 Google Android Stock Version without any customisation from manufacturers which creates lag in performance.
AnonD-205267, 12 Nov 2013which would be a better option in terms of performance & lag free operation samsung galaxy... moreNexus 5 would most definitely be the most lag-free phone out there (that's android) bcuz it's stock android and samsung devices are full of lag bcuz the UI (touch wiz) is vry bloated!
AnonD-205267, 12 Nov 2013i just wanted to know much difference there would be between the samsung galaxy note 2, nexus ... moreDefinetly LG 5 in a long run. You will always be the first in line with android updates. It is one of the best phones in terms of harware also...
AnonD-205378, 11 Nov 2013Will the model launched in USA work in India? Please advice.. I am planning to get one from USA.. Everything from the US Model will work in India except LTE.
Because it comes in 2 variants.. US-only LTE model and International(except US)-LTE model...
So if you want to use LTE outside of US with your US Purchased phone, then only way is to get it from somewhere like UK or Australia or some other place in the world.
Anonymous, 12 Nov 2013with price tag of 30K, camera is realy bad...primary 8MP and secondary 1.3 MP looks like confi... moreHave you even used the camera that you've started criticizing it already?
The camera on Nexus 5 is at par or even better sometimes than Galaxy S3 and Iphone5s...
Optical Image Stabilization added in N5, is a great feature and takes great pics in low light!
Go watch Nexus 5 camera test videos on YouTube then you'll get an idea how good the camera is on this device!
hi, can anyone tell me weather it has international warranty??? My cousin in India want to hav this phone but he is waiting to get confirmation on international warranty
Launch date in India was set for 14th Nov.
I think they have postponed it now, since there is shortage of supply.
AnonD-205263, 11 Nov 2013Thanks.I heard that the display is not up to the mark of the current phones. Is it so? And ... moreAt this price point you get what you pay. The display is gorgeous I didn't find anything bad but camera is ok. Not that great but the video recording is amazing and the quality of sound too.
AnonD-205267, 12 Nov 2013which would be a better option in terms of performance & lag free operation samsung galaxy... moreof course the Nexus 5. you are comparing the latest high end device with a year old devices
The nexus 5 is much better. It has snapdragon 800 that is much better then snapdragon 600 in the g pro and even the snapdragon 600 is better than the exynos 4 in the note 2. And it has a newer android vertion (4.4 and it will be updated more) than the other two (4.1.2 and they will stay that way).
Whats the hype over the nexus 5; for all of those you may know that note 2 is a better phone (usability), nexus devices aint worth it, better off getting nexus 4 becuase they do the same thing. i dont own any of the devices, but have owned a htc one, note 2, and others!
Kumar, 12 Nov 2013Hai... Am planning to buy this n5 in India. Eagerly waiting for this release. Any one can u ... moreI have the Black/32GB variant. If there was no difference between 4.4 and 4.2, they wouldn't release 4.4, now would they? I find the battery life to be good for me. With my usage, I hit around 6 hours of on screen time. Your mileage with the battery WILL vary. No FM radio, but the camera is excellent with HDR mode on.
Am planning to buy this n5 in India. Eagerly waiting for this release.
Any one can u pls tell me the below info who is using n5 ?
1.what is the memory size?
16 or 32gb
2.Is there any difference b/w android 4.2 and 4.4?
3. How is the battery.. how long it losts?
4.FM radio is there or not?
5. What about camera and what's ur new findings in this device compare to others.
Please advice me.