This phone runs cool. Skin temperature of the device barely gets over 37 degrees Celsius (reference notebookcheck 5x review for this measurement) which is about the same as human skin temperature. Anyone who says it's too hot hasn't used a high end Android device before which all get much more hot.
Games run smooth on this device. It has a strong graphics chip (Adreno 418) and 1080p resolution so frame rates remain high.
LG G4 even uses the same graphics chip to run 2k resolution, but at 1080p it does much better.
I'm puzzled between Sony z3+ and LG nexus 5X .. my priorities are .. Camera , Premium Look and feel , Gaming... help me out....
I have samsung e5 1.5 gb ram...my only problem is huge lagging issue
i use facebook n candycrush in parallel. Will switching to nexus 5x help?
Hi all, I have a little question, is it normal that internet connection drops for some seconds when network switches from HSDPA to LTE and vice versa ?
KF, 01 Apr 2016Guys how's the gaming experience? Does it handle midrange games well?Have yet to play any 3D game in this phone, all the games I have are 2D and emulators (NES, SNES and GBA). but they all play good and smooth, the battery runs out very fast but that's normal, and the phone barely get hot
Anonymous, 01 Apr 2016Some sites report that this phone has throttling issue which is apparent after 2 weeks of cont... moreI have this phone since March 19 and the only issue I've seen is a lag in Whatsapp when I'm looking at the profile of one a contact that I've shared a lot of pictures and videos. It takes like 3-4 seconds to go back to the conversation, when the conversation has little to no media files shared, it goes back to the conversation in a breeze.
That's the only "problem" with this phone I've experienced so far, the rest is pefect
Some sites report that this phone has throttling issue which is apparent after 2 weeks of continuous use causing lag and freezing specially in chrome and camera app. Any comments on this issue?
Hi, I'm based in Saudi Arabia. Did anyone buy the Nexus 5x from souq.com? and also which one is better the IPhone 5s or Nexus 5x?
animalMOBster, 28 Mar 2016What do you prefer - nexus 5x or A5 2016 ? what will be thrid?One plus 2
animalMOBster, 28 Mar 2016What do you prefer - nexus 5x or A5 2016 ? what will be thrid?Nexus 5x 32gb
Luqz, 23 Mar 2016Nexus 5X or Sony Z3+ which will be the better optionNexus
What do you prefer - nexus 5x or A5 2016 ?
what will be thrid?
Dear user, i am also a nexus5x user within a month and i completely agree with your comment but a another problem in my device that i cant exchange media file with wifi hotspot with another device. I can say there r a lot of usable features available in this responsible device
My observations with 9 days using the phone. My old phone was a nexus 4.
- The phone is very stable, fast and reliable, have yet to see it lag or to restart itself for anything. I use Whatsapp, Instagram, Access Facebook from Chrome browser, have NES and SNES emulators and couple games.
- The charge speed is outstanding, I let it charge when it goes to 46% and in an hour and so it completely charge to full.
- The battery life is incredible. I almost used it this weekend and the phone lasted 2 days without charge and still had juice to keep going. When I go to sleep, I watched it was in 86% and in the morning (like 5 hours later) it was in 85%. When I play the battery goes really fast
- The ambient display (the option that shows you the time and notifications when you pick up the phone) works like a charm, It's super sensitive and it saves me the need of pushing the power button or use the fingerprint scanner to check the time or any notifications
- The speaker is good enough, while very silent when the volume is at 50% or below, it really sounds good when it's at 80% - 100%, using headphones is good as it doesn't hurt your ears when you listen to music.
- The camera. What can I say? It's overwhelming!! the best camera I've ever seen in a phone, it takes exceptional photos in low light environments and the images are crisp, no need of flash at all, just leave the HDR+ option selected and you're good to go. If you use the flash to take a selfie, beware, it left me blind for a couple seconds, it's very bright. It also has a shortcut to execute the camera when the phone is locked, double tap the power button and it opens the camera right away (very convenient if you want to take a quick picture)
- Sometimes when the fingerprint sensor detects my finger it still ask me to enter my PIN, doesn't know why that happens, but it is like once in a couple days
- The phone doesn't connect to any of the local carrier's LTE networks, despite the phone is the international version and my local carriers work on band 28 700MHz. So I'm at HSPA+ network right now.
- plugin the headphones to the 3.5mm audio port was hard at first, like it wasn't meant to get into it, but in time and with some love making, it's now soft and tender to plug it (sorry if that sounds too explicit)
- The phone heats a little (like every modern phone) but it cools quickly.
- USB port, have to purchase new USB type-C cables and charger for this phone, It's not that bad but here in my country those cables can cost $20!! it's insane!, so I opted to purchase them at amazon.
- As usual no sd card slot, but can use OTG so that's no big deal.
The phone is perfect if you're an average user, If you use youtube and chat and like to upload a few pictures to your preferred social network, it's flawless.
If you're a power user, like playing heavy graphic-hungry games, multitasking, doing cluster computing or something like that, skip this phone, It can deliver what you need but may stumble a little while doing its job.
For me it's perfect.