This was an upgrade from a 3 year old Samsung Galaxy S4, here are my observations after using the Nexus 5X for a month:
- Worse graphics capability. Simple games (like Candy Crush) will graphically lag when larger portions of the screen have action. Other simple games will just close.
- Worse battery consumption when multi-tasking. While plugged in through a "slow charging" outlet, I use the phone as a dash cam (Daily Roads Voyager app) in the background, and have Ingress in the foreground. After a 30-minute commute, the battery is drained by at least 70%. The Galaxy S4 in the same setup would only drain up to 30%.
- Higher heat when multi-tasking. Using the above configuration, I have to direct my A/C vents up at the phone to keep it cool. Ambient temperature was mid-to-low 70's.
- Speaker is loose, broken, or poor quality. When using the phone and turning up the volume, the speaker sound will vibrate.
- Faster single task opening. Apps open faster than on the S4.
- Rapid charging with USB-C cable is significantly faster and more convenient than the S4 with a USB-A cable. As long as I'm plugged into an outlet using the USB-C plug. I purchased an A-to-C adapter plug to use with all my existing USB-A gear. That negates the Rapid Charging capability of the phone.
AnonD-83097, 28 Apr 2016Guys,
I have got two questions to genuine nexus 5x users
1) How is the loudness via headphon... moreHi,
In response to your questions:
1. Loudness... I have a Maxell Studio Series ST2000 headphones listen to music at the office at low volume (3 taps of the volume button from silence mode), in medium volume (8 taps of the volume button) is insanely loud, in full volume I prefer to remove the headphones. I usually listen to rock/metal, so it's pretty loud. For example, voice notes from whatsapp are usually low volume, so if I use my headphones, I put the volume at low-medium, depending if I want to hear more detail. If I use the phone's speaker I have to put it at medium-full volume to listen at it, depending if I want anyone else to hear at the message or just me.
2. Battery... I'm at HSPA+ network and the phone in weekends (when I use it less) lasts a full day with extra juice for the other. On weekdays I usually charge it 1-2 times a day, depending on usage (whatsapping, gaming, facebooking, youtubing, instagraming). So yeah, you will have to charge it at least 1-2 times a day, heavy users might need up to 4 charges a day according to my experience.
Hope this resolve your inquiry, regards.
I have got two questions to genuine nexus 5x users
1) How is the loudness via headphone? Gsmarena review says it's not very loud?
2) How is the battery backup? Again, from gsmarena review, it looks average. For me, full time the phone will be connected to 3g network and i would like to browse (at least 5 hours) ,check FB often.
I bought one two months ago. It works fine. Good pictures and filming capabilities.
Unfortunately, I cannot cast the screen to my TVs. It only accepts chromecast devices.
So you must spend more money, even when your TV has a WiDi receiver build in.
Battery lasts for 1-2 days, depending on how much I use it. I also like the colors on the screen.
Google I/O soon then we should have New Nexus last 2 years have had bad Nexi.
AnonD-81460, 26 Apr 2016Nexus 5XBuy Nexus 5x, i have flex 2 and must to tell that it is not so good phone. Overheating, bugging, bad display...
I'm getting Nexus 5X as soon as I sell Flex 2.
I am facing a weird problem with my handset.
My contacts automatically gets deleted and not all but some. So it becomes very difficult for me to determine which is deleted and thus creates a lot of problems.
Apart from this, it is a quite decent phone
AnonD-529818, 24 Apr 2016iam confues between nexus 5x and lg g flex 2 what do you prefer ? Nexus 5X
tomy, 19 Apr 2016I have used nexus-5 for two and half years which was great, but currently just having issues. ... moreBroken power button most likely, happened to my nexus 5. Pretty cheap to fix and repair.
Well after owning both the iPhone 6 and Galaxy S6 in the last 6 months this 5X is the best thing that happened to me on the phone front.
shaahin, 23 Apr 2016best camera, alas there is no charge to turn it on and take a photo! The battery is pathetic, ... more1. Double tap the power button to launch the camera
2. The battery life depends heavily on how you use the phone, my N5X lasts a day and a little longer since I rarely use it on weekends, on weekdays, I use to charge it two times a day because I use to play games a lot. No heating whatsoever on mine.
3. If you're careful with your phone, you won't need a case, I had a Nexus 4 for 2 years and never put a case on it. Neither in this one.
4. Sunlight, LOL, I live in a tropical area and the phone don't have problems in direct sunlight, just adjust the brightness and it's very clear.
5. The only point I give to you, every Nexus 5X and 6P owners HAVE to buy a new cable or a converter.
Not quite sure where all the negative. This phone is $200/$250 for those of us who got it on discount. Had an optional damage insurance for cheap option.
Camera? Slow? Double tap power button. Instant camera.
Slow? I've yet to experience these issues everyone says. I think people are looking for things to complain about while comparing this to a $500 or more phone.
The only complaints is the backing which seems common with clicking sound. Fixed with case. Slightly thicker than iPhone.
Other than that the screen looks great. And at first I thought was weird to have a finger scanner on the rear, but it works.
Z, 23 Apr 2016Hello all, thinking of getting this phone but in a bit of a headache on whether to choose this... moreI really think its hardware problem yes it does lag after sometime and it's not fixed.
Camera is better then on A9 and battery too but A9 won't lag.As for OPX it has okey camera but i heard that software is not stable.
iam confues between nexus 5x and lg g flex 2
what do you prefer ?
Which one does take better photos - Huawei P8 or Nexus 5x? If I compare their test photos here on GSMarena it looks like Nexus 5x has better details than P8.
I got my nexus 5x and put in a vodaphone sim card, it registered, worked for 7 days and then the phone says No sim. Since then it hasn't worked. Is there anything I should do to get it back working? The network provider has changed the sim but still it's not registering.
Hello all, thinking of getting this phone but in a bit of a headache on whether to choose this over the OPX or A9, priority is smoothness and camera..
1) Does the phone lag a lot over time? (saw a lot of complains on this, is it fixed?)
2) Is it worth buying this over the OnePlusX and HTC A9
3) Does the phone heat up a lot when running apps like fb, youtube etc
4) Overall is it a phone that will last for 2-3 years? (Don't like changing phones, unless broken.. so hope it can last at least this long)
Heard many reviews of people complaining about the camera app taking very long to start, as I like to take pictures, would like to know if this problem is already solved..Thanks..
best camera, alas there is no charge to turn it on and take a photo! The battery is pathetic, and this is the most important weakness while there are some others such as heating issue while calling and vulnerable plastic build which force you to use a very strong case and therefore increase the lovely size of the phone to a piece of brick. Moreover, if you are living in UK without sunlight, then the screen is great but living in a country with sunlight you have to buy a shade as well as the strong case, power bank, and type-c converter.