AnonD-355, 04 Jun 2011Guys, let me give you this factual data 1. HTC is indeed a premium phone. I once held it in... moreI agree sgs2 is the best technology can offer! It's the most capable smartphone out there there's no arguement about that! :)
Guys, let me give you this factual data
1. HTC is indeed a premium phone. I once held it in my hands and I cant deny that I really am very much into liking of not letting it go.
2. LG? what LG has to offer that others cant? the NOVA display?is that all?well, nova can only offer brightness... wait until the next gen of the super amoled plus will be (flexible, HD display and 800nits offering)... Can nove be as popping as the amoled?
3. fan of Apple? love their retina display? well, u pay tribute to LG if thats the case(LG made their screens). brag theri super fast 1ghz A4? (ur acknowleding samsung in that case then). love the new ipad 2 screens?( then you love samsung too...its their's)
4. love the N8's 12mp snapper? Galaxy s2's 8mp and HTC sensations' 8mp can play that job except for the additional 4mp and the wide focal lens n8 has to offer. but!!!!!!!! guysits the prehistoric symbian! wanna go back to stone age???? nit to mention guys, samsung s2's lens are made by canon... the DSLR maker...loving it?????
5. want some media monster? Samsung galaxy s2's media playing is the beast!!!!the best!!!!want to play bluray? it is just s2's breakfast.no issues in playing 1080p .MKV.
6. and i so love the sense 3.0 of HTC.it is certainly the best!!!! nokia? hahahaha
7. LG??? what is the best they can offer. OH MY GOD! I can not forget the new video made by LG about having a race when this optimus black beat galaxy s2 and htc sensation. are they joking?????
8. samsung has breakthrough in dispays. starting from the amoled next the super amoled then super amoled plus... then coming is the quantum dot displays plus the HD super amoled flexibles. they will all cry for that.
Oh by the way, Do you know that Samsung is still not playing seriously with the cellphone making?
they will wait for the windows phone of nokia, and then thats the beginning of the real battle. They will produce smartphones with the same premium built of HTC.they will compete with the cybershot tech of sony, the qHD and retina displays plus the elite feeling of apple. now that is the monster.
asking why I know this?
I am working at sAMSUNG FACTORY ACTUALLY THAT IS WHY i KNOW ALL OF THIS.
grynl, 03 Jun 2011thanks...i omitted HTC from my choice because im not into business. i really really like black... moreYour welcome, another reminder, nokia's N8 is just a basic smartphone with a monster cam. OVI or nokia's app store has very limited apps for symbian users, black's android has an app market that surpassed the apple's app store, so getting a 5 megapixel cam and the richest app market is not bad at all, rather than a 12 megapixel cam and an app poor ovi store... the deal is up to you, basic smartphone with a highly capable cam or an advanced smartphone with just 5 megapixels but has a lot more features... Ovi is a real deal breaker so choose wisely :)
and guys please before you make comments please learn to read the manual of your phone! becaus eyou will find it vey usefull and if got proble with your phone it has 1 year limited warranty just bring your phone to the nearest lg store!
guys for all who has qestions in regards with this mobile phone i would just like to clarify something!:
1. first before buying a phone make sure it will fit to your life style, research on its features, the price, and weather it will be useful for your needs.
2.smartphones nowadays have limited lifespan compared to oldest ones but it will guarantees a users a richer performance when it comes to its feauters
3. smartphones nowadays have a limited batter lifespan compared to the e-series of nokia that can stand up to 3-4 days.
4. but dont loose hope guys!
5. lg optimus black has a features no other smartphones have like the samsung galaxy s or sl
6. optimus black has a nova display that can gear up up until 700 nits i phone has also lg made nits that can only provide 500 nits this is a graphics display of a phone so lg optimus black is far more brighter than amoled and super amoled screens
7. hep hep!! wait a second so unlike common super amoled displays that also consumes a large amount of battery this is a good part lg optimus uses only 50% of its total power consuption because even you will lower up to the 1 percent of its display brightness still you will gonna see the graphics of your phone
6. another if you are having a bad time looking at your phone outdoors because of the sunlight this is the greatest phone because even if you are outoors and the sunlight is there you will manage to see everything on your phone even text etc. clearly!
7. its battery can last up to 3 dyas standby but still if you are using your smartphone for gaming like angry birds, wifi, etc still its just a phone and it will only last up for a day or two.
8.lg optimus has the first 2 mp camera in front and at the back it has a led flash unlike the samsung galaxy s and sl phones ayt.
9. it also has a flash support adobe flash 10.1
10. the version is froyo 2.2.2 upgradable to 2.3 and since this is just a newbie dont expect that theres no hope for updates!
11. if you want to play games like angry bird rio or talking cat, or popular games just like in the iphones the android is the answer
12. android nowadays is already the no 1. operating system, iphone ios is now the second, symbian is already an oldie bye bye nokia future is here
13. but dont expect to like the phone if you are scracthie irritated person, cause since its newbie there is no case nor leather casing or any protective case for this newbie so my advice if you dont like your phone to get some scrathies bring your phone to the mobile store where they protect your phone by putting high grade whole body protector its like a protective film that cover your mobile phone's whole body to avoid scratchie here in manila it will cost you 2000k for a whole body protection the result your phone looks glossy and scratch resistant too!
14. and if you have questions about the web browsing
lg optimus is far more faster than galaxy s or sl.
15. but the galaxy sl has more appeal to me when it comes to design of the unit i dunno judge your self
16. so if you are comparing this to galaxy sl or s or other phone this is my comment this phone is far more greater than the other phones because lg always made a better quality when it comes to their product im not saying samsung doesnt but i heard a lot of rummors that samsung phones have a lot of problems when it comes to their phones, in nokia the better phones of nokia are the e-series its the most durable phone ever! it can last up to 5 to 6 years unlike this smartphones that can last up to a year or two
you should buy a samsung smartphone ude. HTC and Samsung are the big names in android phones. htc offers a premium bulit when it comes to the casing but harware wise, none can at least beat what samsung can offer. Man, their samsung galaxy s2 is such a "future proof" (meaning, the specifications of the phone are still competitive for the next 2 years). LG optimus black is actually an ironic name about using "black" because in the first place, the one that can portray a perfect balck is that of the super amoled plus of the galaxy s2. if you still cant let go of the media capabilities (like the 12mp snapper of the n8) well, FYI dude. that of the samsung galaxy s2's 8mp snapper could actually compete with the lens of the n8 (except for the pixels cunt and wider angle). the samsung galaxy s2's 8mp uses the lenses of Canon (the dslr maker ryt?). well to add more about media, samsung galaxy s2 takes 1080p .MKV (BLUERAY to be exact) as its breakfast. well i dont think your 12 mp of n8 will record 1080p? not to mention that the samsung s2 is the slimmest phone.HTC is quite an elite phone (so premium, well would you sacrifice the feel than the experience?). plus the speakers are from yamaha. there are still a lot to ofer. N8? you must be mocking the gizmo world, buy a dslr instead if you are after the snapper or a digicam.i hope i have convinced you to have a choice and not fall into choices of no justice.
Ios boy, 03 Jun 2011I think you should go for the black because HTC's multimedia capability is not good enough to ... morethanks...i omitted HTC from my choice because im not into business. i really really like black because its new in the market but i like N8 too because of its 12megapixel.,
well anyway, lets just hope that i will not make a mistake of choosing between the two.
grynl, 03 Jun 2011im looking for a new phone and at first i decided continue symbian with N8. then i browse the ... moreI think you should go for the black because HTC's multimedia capability is not good enough to compete, HTC is a good business it is meant to be that way, if you are looking for a good camera phone you should buy the N8 but it doesnt have enough apps to keep you entertained, it totally depends on your priority.. But for me black offers a lot of goodies at an affordable price so you should go for it
im looking for a new phone and at first i decided continue symbian with N8. then i browse the net and i saw HTC desire Z. and here comes LG optimus Black.. im really confused right now which should i choose.
well, im into multimedia... any suggestions????
LG black is quite snappy w/o any lags. I have the black for 2 days and concern on the camera-no wide screen support and noise canceling function is questionable. Call quality is audiable but too high in pitch. Good screen and very light. Overall 8.5 out of 10.
Tip: for buying a phone. NEVER buy a phone with capacitive Home button because It's a hit and miss affair! That's why I bought the samsung galaxy instead and a hardware Home button makes a big difference.
It's working very well for me ... No apps shutdown issuses ... Gps works better than that on galaxy s.
It's pretty snappy too.
note for gsmarena: the gpu is PowerVR SGX530 ( please update )
Can any1 here confirm it's RAM? I mean after deducting the OS...how much RAM is available to user? o.0
dave, 30 May 2011Mobile-review.com posted e really bad review about the phone:( Poor performance than Galaxy S,... moreno Flash and secondary cam is an Vga in galaxy s that is the drawback and 8,000 INR difference
Mobile-review.com posted e really bad review about the phone:( Poor performance than Galaxy S, stability issues, heavy apps shutting down.. Can anyone compere Galaxy S with Optimus Black?
hi guys! how is the battery life?? is it really a power saver as lg claims??
Will, 29 May 2011Any bug? Reboot or switchoff issues like optimus2x? hey will , i haven't found any issue yet still doing good so far. but i more concern about the battery life. it drain pretty fast even with moderate use.