[deleted post]I haven't senn chat yet. So I think its not released yet. By the way, if you really want L3, read the forums carefully. It's not only the screen that is bad. There are so many issues from Philippines forums. Like sudden restarting, or hanging up and those stuff. But if you really want to give it a try its up to you.
Theres not that big difference in price between Tipo and L3 if you really want value for your money.
I bought this phone 2 weeks ago, my comments:
1) Bigger selling point: Its battery life, i tested the streaming service with Tune In Radio, full charge and i went to sleep, woke up the next day and it had 8% of battery with 7 hrs and 48 mins of play time. It was in only 3G, all the others connections off.
2) Huge screen: I had a Nokia C6-01 with the same screen size, but larger instead of LG's "blockie". It was a huge pain to type in my Nokia and i used T9 vertically when i had to do it. In my LG L3 i can type easily and since it has low resolution, i suppose it helps to bring huge letters to the screen.
3) The phone came in Latinamerica(Colombia), with a normal-size SIM. It is not a micro-SIM as advertised in GSMArena.
4) The RAM was also a selling point, but it shows now 212MB used and 91MB available in the system, i can not see the 384MB. I suppose hidden somewhere else LOL.
5) The GPU was also a selling point vs the Galaxy Y, i dont know if Samsung's doesnt offer a GPU, but the L3 scores 2487 in Antutu.
6) In Colombia costs US$160, taxes included.
1) I dont know how to use the internal memory of 1GB, i have it rooted and with certain apps, but they use the MicroSD instead, when i move apps.
2) Google Maps doesnt display right, it show white areas that dont appear in Google Maps from the web of another apps that use the same web interface. I tried removem the app, updated, i lated used only the app from Google Play and there was no solution. I asume is a bug from my opperator, but i am waiting for a stable CM ROM.
3) Awful screen to watch videos, it feels like a 3DS at the fullest 3D level. It gives me headaches, i feel like with "cross eyes" all the time. For music is good since its battery last good enough.
ArcLagann, 15 Oct 2012But in our place, there is no htc explorer available.
any low end smartphones that you may su... moreHi. I suggest you go for Xperia Tipo or Galaxy Chat or Galaxy Music. Xperia Tipo is ideal for gaming nd browsing because of it's resolution of 320X480 and ram of 512 Mb. Or if you want texting go for Galaxy Chat. Chat has a hardware qwerty keyboard and touch screen. Also have 512ram but lower resolution same as L3. Or go for Galaxy Music if you love playing music using the phone. Same specs as Chat but no keyboard. It's full touch.
I already saw Tipo on the market. Priced at 6,990. Tipo is ideal for streaming, surfing, and playing.
I'm also from the Philippines. I'm planning to buy this phone before but I decided wait and go for Tipo instead. Since I always stream and browse.
A friendly advise, wag ka mag L3. Daming complain ito from Filipino users.
I bought this phone a week ago,its good but sometimes its laggy what will i do? How can i improve the camera?and how to root this phone pls.help me
mobile really bad experience for if we use net in sim one sim 2 goes offline really bad one................
nic, 14 Oct 2012gys do you know how to upgrade l3 to 4.0.if you know please reply me soon.Nic on google type LG E400 CM9 and you will find ICS Android 4.0.4 Cyanogen Mod Oficiall.Cyanogen Mod has already provided for this model a real Android 4.0.4 but it is still in nightly(beta).And the instructions for the installation you will find on the NinjaRomeo web page. ;)I am already installed on this model ICS 4.0.4 Oficiall Cyanogen Mod 9 ROM OS for now this version is stable enough.
I would like to know how much sar this one has,any info will be appreciated.
ArcLagann, 15 Oct 2012But in our place, there is no htc explorer available. any low end smartphones that you may su... morethen you should go for this lg phone it won't dissapoint too much apart from the screen. or else. sony experia tipo can be an option
Anonymous, 14 Oct 2012the resolution is not very good and you cannot view the screen from some angles camera is aver... moreBut in our place, there is no htc explorer available.
any low end smartphones that you may suggest? BTW I'm from the Philippines
Thanks in advance
btw does anyone noticed the calculator and the fm radio in the ladtest version of software?, does it has plane skin like mine?.. i need help
means you downloaded too much apps. its a flaw of android, apps go directly to phone storage instead. go to settings>phone storage>youll see PHONE INTERNAL STORAGE>(must be more than 18 mb) *this also causes you cant send sms/low on storage.>transfer apps to your memory card instead :)
The message 'phone storage memory getting low' pops up even though there is adequate phone space available. Any idea how to deal with this?
ono, 13 Oct 2012How to improve camera quality?for me i install pro zoom you can configure the cam, you can also set the volume control as the click. Much better shots just go the settings and xplore it.
ArcLagann, 13 Oct 2012I'm plsnning to buy this phone this December. Does this phone good to use? And what about its... morethe resolution is not very good and you cannot view the screen from some angles camera is average. its the cheapest new phone or if you spend more go for htc explorer