a bought this phone and itis realy good, resolution is bad, but it is possible to watch something, i dont have restart problems, camera is quite good, it works perfectly: its fast and dont stuck, no problems with this at all.
Anonymous, 18 Oct 2012I'm planning to buy this phone on december, is it a good phone?Well base on the reviews and user comments, the screen is horrible. Watching video on it would literally makes your eyes tear. And also, many users are complaining about it suddenly restarting and having software bugs. Try Tipo, Music or Chat. Those are your alternatives.
I also wanted to buy this phone before. But I decided not after reading forums and found out about its bugs and screen.
If you want good display Tipo is the right one for you. Or Chat if you want touchscreen with keyboard. Both have larger RAM and ICS.
I prefer this phone bcoz when we look at galaxy y and this phone lg l3 is superb by its features and designs.....,go for this
AnonD-75668, 16 Oct 2012Can you suggest other budget phones other than you mentioned before?
Nope. The 4 are the only budget phone I can suggest. And if your confuse between this and Tipo, I strongly suggest Tipo.
Tipo has larger resolution hence better display, larger ram, running on ics and rummored to also receive jelly bean. Also better design and less complains compared to this. I'm also gonna buy a new phone this year. And I finally decided to also go with Tipo.
A little add won't hurt. Sulit naman ang tipo if specs titignan mo. Probably cheapest phone running ics.
AnonD-11106, 16 Oct 2012I haven't senn chat yet. So I think its not released yet. By the way, if you really want L3, r... moreI still can wait to decide if Tipo or L3, because I'm gonna buy a smartphone this December and maybe the price of Tipo might decrease. Hope that Galaxy Chat and music will be available in the philippines. Btw, thanks
[deleted post]I haven't senn chat yet. So I think its not released yet. By the way, if you really want L3, read the forums carefully. It's not only the screen that is bad. There are so many issues from Philippines forums. Like sudden restarting, or hanging up and those stuff. But if you really want to give it a try its up to you.
Theres not that big difference in price between Tipo and L3 if you really want value for your money.
I bought this phone 2 weeks ago, my comments:
1) Bigger selling point: Its battery life, i tested the streaming service with Tune In Radio, full charge and i went to sleep, woke up the next day and it had 8% of battery with 7 hrs and 48 mins of play time. It was in only 3G, all the others connections off.
2) Huge screen: I had a Nokia C6-01 with the same screen size, but larger instead of LG's "blockie". It was a huge pain to type in my Nokia and i used T9 vertically when i had to do it. In my LG L3 i can type easily and since it has low resolution, i suppose it helps to bring huge letters to the screen.
3) The phone came in Latinamerica(Colombia), with a normal-size SIM. It is not a micro-SIM as advertised in GSMArena.
4) The RAM was also a selling point, but it shows now 212MB used and 91MB available in the system, i can not see the 384MB. I suppose hidden somewhere else LOL.
5) The GPU was also a selling point vs the Galaxy Y, i dont know if Samsung's doesnt offer a GPU, but the L3 scores 2487 in Antutu.
6) In Colombia costs US$160, taxes included.
1) I dont know how to use the internal memory of 1GB, i have it rooted and with certain apps, but they use the MicroSD instead, when i move apps.
2) Google Maps doesnt display right, it show white areas that dont appear in Google Maps from the web of another apps that use the same web interface. I tried removem the app, updated, i lated used only the app from Google Play and there was no solution. I asume is a bug from my opperator, but i am waiting for a stable CM ROM.
3) Awful screen to watch videos, it feels like a 3DS at the fullest 3D level. It gives me headaches, i feel like with "cross eyes" all the time. For music is good since its battery last good enough.
AnonD-75668, 15 Oct 2012But in our place, there is no htc explorer available.
any low end smartphones that you may su... moreHi. I suggest you go for Xperia Tipo or Galaxy Chat or Galaxy Music. Xperia Tipo is ideal for gaming nd browsing because of it's resolution of 320X480 and ram of 512 Mb. Or if you want texting go for Galaxy Chat. Chat has a hardware qwerty keyboard and touch screen. Also have 512ram but lower resolution same as L3. Or go for Galaxy Music if you love playing music using the phone. Same specs as Chat but no keyboard. It's full touch.
I already saw Tipo on the market. Priced at 6,990. Tipo is ideal for streaming, surfing, and playing.
I'm also from the Philippines. I'm planning to buy this phone before but I decided wait and go for Tipo instead. Since I always stream and browse.
A friendly advise, wag ka mag L3. Daming complain ito from Filipino users.
I bought this phone a week ago,its good but sometimes its laggy what will i do? How can i improve the camera?and how to root this phone pls.help me
mobile really bad experience for if we use net in sim one sim 2 goes offline really bad one................
nic, 14 Oct 2012gys do you know how to upgrade l3 to 4.0.if you know please reply me soon.Nic on google type LG E400 CM9 and you will find ICS Android 4.0.4 Cyanogen Mod Oficiall.Cyanogen Mod has already provided for this model a real Android 4.0.4 but it is still in nightly(beta).And the instructions for the installation you will find on the NinjaRomeo web page. ;)I am already installed on this model ICS 4.0.4 Oficiall Cyanogen Mod 9 ROM OS for now this version is stable enough.
AnonD-21510, 07 Oct 2012does lg l3 have corning gorilla glass??no it doesn't
I would like to know how much sar this one has,any info will be appreciated.