AnonD-100336, 12 Jan 2013I bought this phone after extensive research for almost 2 weeks. I will keep it short and simp... morean unbiased review,good work mate.I can confirm that even I had the touch issue had to tap on an icon 2-3 times to make it work as pointed out by you it would happen once in a while.I tried replacing the uint but was of no help neither did hard reset.
Bought P765 (Indian Ver) week back online (Rs.16.5k) & is very pleased by it:
Pros: Scrn Size & quality (best in its price with no alternate), adequate processing power (no lag even with big games such as RiptideGP etc), perfect dimension, weight & feel, quick memo & voice commands for camera click are useful features.
Cons: Low quality camera, internal memory 2.33 (with no support of App2SD) which may work after rooting.
*Battery is ok (1 day in heavy & 2 days in light use) remember to reduce brightness level indoor as it uses most of the battery.
*Installed JetAudio for gud sound quality modification
*Seems it doest hv gorilla glass but its ok
*Also bought ScanDisc Ultra 32GB class 10 card which is showing write speed of 16 & read speed of 8mb/s (Antutu), thus it supports class 10 cards also which is not mentioned anywhere (official customer care people also dont know). RAM in AnTuTu is showing 765mb which should be 1GB (little suspicious).
Only diff in P760 & P765 seems is normal sim & mini sim, other specs r same.
Well done LG - Gud budget mobile (only if it have another variant with 8GB internal memory & better camera with few more bucks, it will be a even better model)
Overall - Best phone in its price range right now. (may be thats why its showing out of stock in most of the websites now).
Anonymous, 12 Jan 2013it has gorrila glass 2 which is latest. Enjoy , good phone.there is no corning glass in l9 p765. its present in l9 p769 only for t-mobile usa.
Available = 767MB
Available for user is only 2.33GB
AnonD-100602, 13 Jan 2013what is OTG?OTG = Oh Thanks God... lol
It is available in Philippines?
AnonD-100522, 13 Jan 2013does it support OTG?what is OTG?
plz tell me u can use full 4gb internal memory or not..
& can u run high definition games like nfs most wanted or ashpalt,temple run..plz tell me..
is this phone trully have 4gb internal memory..
& we can use total 4gb memory..plz tell me..
does it support OTG?
AnonD-100336, 12 Jan 2013I bought this phone after extensive research for almost 2 weeks. I will keep it short and simp... moreHey can u help me wid dis phone how to transfer all my pics , videos , etc from phone memory to micro sd card
I bought this phone after extensive research for almost 2 weeks. I will keep it short and simple yet in-depth.
I bought this on 10th Jan '13 for Rs 17,400 (with original LG flip cover, comes free) from Priya Gen Next, Sector 14 market, Gurgaon, India. There is NO memory card with the phone, just internal memory of 4 GB - of which 2.33 GB is available.
I am not going to go in detail as the phone's specs are amazing, and of course at a superb price! It comes with an original leather LG flip case - Make in Korea in which the phone fits really really well and is made of top notch quality. I love the case.
Battery is very decent, one full day (12-13 hours) with full 3G on and 80% phone usage for various things like texts, calls, installing apps etc.
1. Sound quality on speaker crackles when on full volume. However, if you keep the volume two notches less, it is okay. The ear piece volume is good, no issues with that.
2. It is a 4.7 inch, so you ought to use both hands to use it effectively. The inbuilt keyboard has an option to be squeezed in size with right/left alignment so that one can type with just one thumb easily. I was using Motorola Defy earlier, therefore, I am still taking time to get used to the big screen especially while driving.
3. NO NOTIFICATION LED - I think this is the biggest drawback for me. I cannot keep checking the phone every 5 minutes to see if I have a text or a missed call or an email waiting for me. If there is a light blinking and even if the phone is away, one gets notified so you can check the phone. No such indicators on this one. I have installed all apps and tested, the light is just NOT there.
4. I bought the phone day before yesterday and the touch response was very sluggish. I had to press like a 2-3 times for an option to work - this was intermittent, not all the time. But today I took it to the service center and he reset/reinstalled the firmware (same version, there is no upgrade yet) and the phone is now silky smooth - works flawlessly. I love the touch response on the phone now. I haven't not read about that problem with anyone else, so I guess it was just one off issue with my set.
5. You cannot uninstall preloaded apps by LG. I am yet to test the 'move to SD' function, I will test all workarounds and then post.
I guess that's about it. Overall, I am very impressed with the phone. The only feature I truly miss is the notification LED. Apart from that, this phone serves all my purposes. If you have any questions, feel free to post your comments starting with my name (addressed to me) SukhySinghVirk in the same format. I will reply on this forum itself tomorrow.
Thanks, hope it helps you make a decision.
To answer SandeepK's questions :
Available free RAM hovers around 300-350 MB after I have installed the stuff I needed to use this phone. No games etc, but just ADW launchers, Antivirus, WhatsApp, Emails etc. I think it is pretty good for an Android to have that much RAM always available. I use 'Advances Task Killer Pro' as well.
I haven't tested the cam, but seems good in adequate lighting. What is SAR?
The other phones that I considered in my decision were, Samsung Galaxy S Advance, HTC Desire VC/SV (whatever it is, GPU sucks), Motorola Atrix 2.
is it possible to make sim video calls out of the box on indian version p765?
Users of this phone plz share ur views on my below queries. Your answers will help me in making my decision of buying dis phone.
1. Tell me Indian version's SAR values mentioned on the box or documents supplied with the box.
2. People mentioned that apps can't be transferred to card without rooting. Is it true?
3. How abt the camera quality? Many reviews say dat it is not good. Do u see ne flaws in the snaps when viewing them on computer? How is the video quality? Effect of lighting condition?
4. How much is the free RAM after OS(android) is loaded without any other applications running? Some people here have claimed dat the supplied RAM is not 1GB but less. Is it true?
Thanks in advance.
Raj, 12 Jan 2013hi, i like to buy L9. Before to that i need to ask about the sound quality of this phone. hear... moreRaj, the call sound quality is superb!. Both parties can hear each other crystal clear. The ring volume is also good.
Caesar, 10 Jan 2013No Gorilla Glass according to Wiki.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_with_Gorilla_Glassit has gorrila glass 2 which is latest.
Enjoy , good phone.
hi, i like to buy L9. Before to that i need to ask about the sound quality of this phone. hear volume, speaker volume and ringtone volume etc. because the phone which i am having (MMX A90)is not having these. Can anyone please suggest me
how to root this mobile ???
Ram showing only 767mb strange!!!