ramsey, 30 Sep 2012how can i update mine to ICS ..?im also looking 4ward to ics update....it seems like i cant wait any longer....can someone help me pls
Alternative LG P940 Prada 3.0 v20d (ICS 4.0.4) Root Guide
cleaned / improved and with Superuser instead of SuperSU
- Official LG ICS European Firmware Update -> http://csmg.lgmobile.com :9002/swdata...00/V20D_00.kdz
- Root package -> http://www.mediafire.com/?p4pw69blabz94ja
• extract "p940_ics_root.rar".
• install LG USB drivers from the "1. Driver" directory.
• replace your windows hosts file with the one of the "2. Edited Windows Hosts File" folder. You find it in Windows Vista / 7 at -> "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc".
• copy the folder "shttps" from the "3. Flash Tools" folder to "C:\" and start the "http.exe".
• install "msxml.msi" from the "3. Flash Tools" folder.
• install "B2CAppSetup.exe" (LGMobile Support Tool) from the "3. Flash Tools" folder and close both apps that start right after the installation.
• enable "USB-Debugging" on the device at "Settings | Developer".
• put the USB cable in the device and let the system install the drivers.
• shutdown the device.
• right after the device has completely shutdown hold both the "Volume+" and "Power" key until you can see the following message on the screen -> "S/W Upgrade - Please wait while upgrading...".
• start the "UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe" from the "3. Flash Tools" folder.
Select on the left side "Select Type" -> "3GQCT". Select on the right side "PhoneMode" -> "EMERGENCY" and at "Select kdz file" enter the Official LG ICS European Firmware Update.
Now click on "Normal web upgrade test" and on "Upgrade Start".
In the opening window select "Country" -> "Different Country" und "Language" -> "YOUR LANGUAGE". Now click at "OK".
Now you have to keep an eye on the temporary folder of the flash software.
You find it in Windows Vista / 7 at -> "C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone". In Windows XP at "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone".
(It starts to create the files when you see the following message on the screen -> "Running the LG Mobile Phone Software Update" steht).
Right after it created "LGP940_AP.bin" replace it with the file of the "4. Patched v20d firmware part" folder. Now you have to wait till the firmware update is finished.
• After the phone has sucessfully booted into the new os start the "root.bat" from the "5. Root" folder. It reboots the device again and roots it.
this phone is great. i love its unique style and design. but battery life is too bad. just discharged 7h ago and now it's 30%. i even turned off all connection and did not use wifi and mobile data.
does anyone have any solution for this? may ics update fix the battery life?
if you can, please share your experience of the phone's battery life. thanks!!!
I have my LG PRADA since it came out, pre ordered it at PRADA in Madrid with its saffiano leather PRADA case, and I am really impressed. I love the design with those sharp corners. I upgrade to ICS and works really great!
What I dont like its the battery life, which is a nightmare, and the back plastic housing, which feels cheap. Anyway, sometimes it gets slow as all LG phones...
I am a 20yo guy and I am really proud to have a phone designed by this company. Those who say its a girly phone just have no taste for fashion and luxury lifstyle ;)
Update/uprade to ICS worked smoothly here in Germany. No any hacks, but using LG Desktop Software.
FESP, 10 Sep 2012Anyone knows about LG and Jellybean? Are they going to update Prada to JB?Yes they will, but it is reported to be next year at Q1 and the roll out at Q4. But you know LG sucks with updates. I got my ICS update 2 weeks ago And I'm from the Philippines.
FESP, 10 Sep 2012Anyone knows about LG and Jellybean? Are they going to update Prada to JB?i highly doubt that.. they have realeased ICS in some countries.. im from norway, and ive gotten a hack somewhere so ICS works reasonable.. a lot of lagging lately though.. cheers
Today i got the Lg parada ..when i use the hand free this dont show there is a problem....i am so much discouraged to buy parada...:-(
Today i get the LG parada 3.0 from UAE the peoblem i faced the hand free have problem when i phug in that not show the hand free option ....no i am worry about....
Anyone knows about LG and Jellybean? Are they going to update Prada to JB?
Has anyone tried to use the same rom of LG Prada 3.0 P940 with LG PRADA 3.0 (LG-KU5400) for Korea. Are they the same?
AnonD-69787, 04 Sep 2012P940, thats why P940 is almost double the price of L7. Unless of course if you would buy gray units.In my country Prada 3.0 has almost the same price as L7! yeah..
P940, thats why P940 is almost double the price of L7. Unless of course if you would buy gray units.