beatthecheat, 17 Jan 2018is it worthy to buy LG V20 in 2018 ? As flipkart is offering discount . is it a good deal for 26k It's worthy if for you are important the wide range of features that make it unique.
is it worthy to buy LG V20 in 2018 ? As flipkart is offering discount . is it a good deal for 26k
Apologies Guys, Ignore my earlier query. I have established from another forum that yes, the LG V20 Dual SIM does operate on 4G/2G (standby).
Hi guys, can anyone confirm that the Dual SIM version of LG V20 definitely operates as both 4G and 3G? That is one SIM operates on the 4G band and the second (standby) SIM operates on 3G.
Anonymous, 15 Jan 2018To the LG V20 owners. Is it possible to create offline / local backup off app data and store ... moreThe V20 has a built-in LG backup app and LG mobile switch app. I'm not sure if any of the two can restore app data (that is, game progress, etc.). Maybe the others here have experience with those LG apps.
Anonymous, 15 Jan 2018this phone not have ip68 but have mil std 810g. Can the phone put in water?No, thats only means damage protection. Not water or etc.
Anonymous, 15 Jan 2018this phone not have ip68 but have mil std 810g. Can the phone put in water?Maybe you can with your phone take a shower but not for several circumstances change batteries.
To the LG V20 owners.
Is it possible to create offline / local backup off app data and store it in the V20-s storage or SD card? So in other words does the V20 have a backup solution that works wihout internet connection or without creating any account?
this phone not have ip68 but have mil std 810g. Can the phone put in water?
smallphone luver, 15 Jan 2018how is lg v20 gps? i want to have a phone with stable and fairly if not good accurate position... moreI never had a GPS problem with my two G5s and V20. I work as a driver and have location is turned on all the time. The problem for me is usually from my network because coverage could be weak in certain areas. Never had a bootloop problems either.
LG isn't a perfect brand and neither is the V20 or G5. No smartphone or OS really is. There will always be just some things you would like more from different brands. Just like people will have their good days and bad days. From my experience, Life's Good..most of the time.
Owned like 5 different LG products including a Blu-ray player and portable air conditioner and no major issues. Everyone's miles will vary on certain brands. Next one for me after my bad experience with LeEco is getting a Sony.
how is lg v20 gps? i want to have a phone with stable and fairly if not good accurate position.
i seen somewhere LG phones have gps problem
Keeping phone batteries deeply discharged accelerates battery wear.
There is also no problem with file transfer if you use the correct app
and grant the necessary permissions. I use 'Files Go' app from playstore.
For external hard drives, you need to install the correct app
that can read NTFS formatted hard drives otherwise the V20 will tell you
the drive is corrupted. I use 'USB media explorer' from playstore.
Shadow effect: It is temporary just like you said. Be glad that unlike AMOLEDs,
IPS displays are very resilient and should last you much longer than if you had an AMOLED display. AMOLEDs look more colorful, vibrant, and nicer, yes but sadly, they are not as accurate in color reproduction and don't have the longevity of IPS displays. They are recommended for those who replace phones every two years.
Selfie camera. Not fond of selfie shots but to say the V20's selfie camera is 'terrible' boils down to exactly what you want the selfie camera to achieve. If you like beauty effects, or solo selfie shots, the V20 may not be the selfie camera phone for you. However, if you want to fit the most people into a group shot, the V20 is more than good enough.
Backup. Helium backup almost always require rooting for best results. If you haven't rooted a phone and installed custom ROM's or custom recoveries, its better to stick to Google Play Games backups/app cloud sync backup so you don't have to start a game all over again after uninstalling it or after getting a new phone.
Interface. OK, it's not the best but as you said, you can customize it with another launcher. If there's anything I miss from my Xiaomi phones, its the really excellent theme store. I admit the LG Smartworld theme selection is horribly slow, clunky and horribly lacking in content compared to Xiaomi's theme store. The customizability of Xiaomi's phones with themes that skin almost everything in the UI probably has no comparison anywhere in the Android world. Get a Xiaomi if you value extensive theming and skinning.
go.bachtiar, 10 Jan 2018Been using this phone from march 2017. This is my opinion
- Bigger screen bigger fun, ... moreMaybe you just need to get to know your LG V20 a little bit more. The V20 has quirks but nothing really MAJOR for most ordinary users as in 'not being able to share apps or files' to other android phones or 'not being able to read OTG drives (USB flash drives or External Hard drives)' as you said. Helium backup almost always require rooting for trouble free backups but there are actually alternate methods (auto sync with Google Play Games using your Google account) so you don't have to start all over again everytime you play the same game in a new phone or uninstall an existing game.
Anyway, let me address a few of your more serious CONS:
2 degraded batteries:
This problem is not unique to the LG V20. All mid to lower capacity lithium ion batteries (below 4000mAh) degrade faster if the owner of the phone is a heavy user. Keeping phone batteries deeply discharged (
DaneMac, 02 Jan 2018Can someone suggest me, LG G5 or LG V20? What is different between both of it? Really need hel... moreOwning both, V20 is better.
Better camera esp for video recording
Better build quality
Slightly longer battery life
FM radio (unlocked G5 is locked)
V20 is the better phone but G5 is my favorite phone to use. The advantages of the G5 is the louder speaker and better size for me. It's also slightly smoother in UI. Both are the last of their breed. If you want to save money, G5 would suffice. If you want something better, V20.
There are good news to the V20 owners since are available adding to the original or alternative battery, one more of 3.500 mAh, also of 6.400 mAh and even of 10.000 and 10.500 mAh., covering all needs.
Been using this phone from march 2017. This is my opinion
- Bigger screen bigger fun, just hope there are more features for the second screen
- great performance, a little bit stuttering but rarely happens
- removable battery is the main reason i bought this phone.
- audio quaddac is a superb but it needs a better headset.
- love the wide angle rear camera
- 3200 mah just not enough for 1 day, i need to bring spare battery and charger, i already hav 3 spare battery, 2 of them have degraded greatly.
- after using for 3 month, my display has a shadow effect, you still can see previous open app on the edge of the screen, although it will disappear in a minute.
- the back camera lense cover is very fragile, considering a protection case, just doesnt feel secure when laying the phone on the back.
- minor heating issue which happens rarely.
- a terrible selfie camera for a flagship phone
- cant connect to all my external harddrive
- wifi sharing / transfer data doesnt work
- claimed to be the first android nougat phone, but it seems the last or maybe nvr get any upgrade. Still stuck with nougat 7.0. Only receive some security updates.
- doesnt work with helium backup (need to backup some of my game without rooting) becos rooting this phone is too complicated
- fugly interface, just install other launcher
I'm surprised that in the G5 vs V20 discussion nobody mentioned that the V20's big advantage is that it has removable back cover, while G5 has non-removable back cover.
The removable back cover is necessary for the bigger extended battery. This is the reason why you can't find extended battery for G5 despite it has removable battery.