MrWoland, 16 Dec 2017thx, i want change s7 for v20 cause of better audio dac, hopes photos will be the same goodYou can check out gsmarena's photo compare tool to see how the V20's photo quality especially in low light compares with the S7's photo quality. Here is the link (check out Sponge Bob, the dollar bill and other objects with fine detail):
Rimac , 16 Dec 2017Yes, you can do it by words like : "cheese", "smile", "whisky", "kimchi" or "LG". thx, i want change s7 for v20 cause of better audio dac, hopes photos will be the same good
MrWoland, 16 Dec 2017anyone knows can i shoot photo by voice like in s7?Yes, you can do it by words like : "cheese", "smile", "whisky", "kimchi" or "LG".
I bought a second V20 at early August to video editing purposes due a one specific lack of my music supplier. It's a grateful pleasure customise as much as possible the V20 therefore I have spare batteries and an extra battery of 10.000 mAh.
Anonymous, 16 Dec 2017Ridiculous. btw Samsung handled the Note 7 fiasco fantastically trying to get all the phones ... moreYour experience is unfortunate but then again, as I said, the LG aftersales in your area may be horrible but it isn't true everywhere. I can't blame you though for blacklisting LG as a brand due to your bootlooping experience, much in the same way I can't blame the Samsung owners, who will never buy a Samsung brand again; particularly the early adopters of the Note 7 who got to experience first hand, the smoking/exploding battery fiasco. Bottomline, what I'm saying may be ridiculous to you but personally, I have never stopped buying an entire brand of electronics due to bad experience with one of their product lines. I normally do not buy anymore from the seller or retailer who sold the defective product and would not replace my phone or extend any effort to help me with warranty issues. Actually had bought two Lenovo phones in the past. The first seller gave me problems with my first Lenovo phone as they always forwarded defective phones to a service center who took 2 to 3.months turnaround time. The next time the problem recurred, in my first Lenovo phone, I left my defective phone wirh them and vowed never to buy from them again. A few years later, another Lenovo phone captured my interest. Bought it from another retailer. A bit more expensive than the pricing from the previous seller but I bought it anyway. The new phone had battery problem 6 months later. Went to the new retailer from where I bought it and they just simply replaced my defective unit with a sealed, brand new one. Mishandled the replacement unit by using an unauthorized sim adapter causing damage to the sim contacts and loss of network. Told the seller that replacement phone no longer had network signal. Guess what? they replaced again, for the second time, my unit with a brand new, sealed one because they said, their store policy is to replace defective units to avoid customer downtime, and they'll just take care forwarding and dealing with Lenovo customer service regarding the defective units. While I no longer have a Lenovo phone, I still do buy other brands drom this retailer. As you can see, the aftersales service varies from one retailer to another and drom one area, region or country to another. Even online sellers of phones vary. Had returned one camcorder once that I bought online. I was fully refunded including shipping, no questions asked. In another online seller where I bought a defective battery, I had to open a dispute and escalate it to a claim just to get mu money back. It's usually the sellers of the product for me tha gets blacklisted; not the brand. But then again, it may be different in yiur case and in tiur country.
Anonymous, 16 Dec 2017It doesn't make sense to stop buying samsung washing machines, samsung tv's and samsung air co... moreRidiculous. btw Samsung handled the Note 7 fiasco fantastically trying to get all the phones back from owners and either offering refunds or exchanges for other Samsung phones and some credit or accessories on top to make up for the inconvenience. I perfectly understand ALL manufacturers at one point may put out a defective product, it's how they respond and handle it that makes the different. LG's got a poor track record for it's customer service, just look at all the forums.
Yes, my G4 bootlooped. Was I angry? No. Disappointed? A little. Anyways this is my experience:
1. G4 bootloops 3 months after warranty expired. I was able to get it to boot up long enough to get all my data off of it so I wasn't really upset, worse case I have a excuse to buy a new phone. Anyways I take it to my local LG service center to see what they would do about it. First things first, they said the warranty is finished so it's not covered. Whatever, ok, how much to fix it? They say $80 and it will be ready in about 2 weeks. I think that's fine (I have a backup phone), pay, and leave it with them.
2. 2 weeks later I get my G4 back. Noticed they scratched the the top and side of the phone so I was a little angry because I keep my phones in pristine condition. Anyways, I turned it on and the wifi wasn't working, the camera wasn't working, it wouldn't charge, and they reflashed a rom on it with broken resources so some of the widgets wouldn't work. I was quite upset at this point as the whole phone was messed up. I go back to the LG service center, show them the phone, and ask if I can just have my $80 back and I will go buy a new phone. They say NO, they cannot do refunds but they can fix it. Ha, ok, whatever, I leave the phone with them for another 2 weeks and tell them to please test everything before sending it back to me. They say sure, no problem.
3. 2 weeks later, my G4 comes back again. Turned it on, still has the broken rom on it, wifi works, charging works, camera works. Great. First call I get, I can't hear anything because now the speaker is broken. Great. I go BACK to the LG Service Center the next for the 3rd trip quite upset showing them the problem. Again, they say leave it with them (AGAIN) and they will fix it. I once again to please tell them test everything before sending it back. Again, they say sure, no problem.
4. Another 2 weeks go by and I get my G4 back yet again. Turned it on, same broken rom on it (they actually told me to download 3rd party widgets! unbelievable) checked all the stuff that was broken form before and everything was working so I think finally great everything is working. Wrong, a couple days later I found out the front facing camera was broken (I don't use it often) so I'm getting really fed up at this point. The next day I go back to the LG service center for the 4th time (!!!) and show them the problem. Guess what they say? Yes, leave it with us for another 2 weeks again and we'll fix it. Great, whatever, take it.
5. 2 weeks later (this is almost 2 months after the first visit remember!) I get my G4 back. I turned it on and immediately noticed it's got a new and fully functional rom and that the imei's have changed. Yes, they FINALLY decided to swap the whole internals of the phone with new ones so now my G4 is like a brand new again and no problems.
So as you can see, this is a customer service nightmare. I PAID to have it fixed, had they fixed it right the first time I would probably still be a big LG fan today and quite possibly also be a v20 owner right now, too. But they messed up big time and offered me NOTHING in exchange for all the inconvenience and multiple trips to their service center. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't, I just would have gone out and bought a new phone right away and just chucked the G4 in the garbage.
I may buy LG again in the future, but with my logic, since I had to go to their service center 3 times more than I should have, therefore, my next 3 electronics/appliances I buy for sure won't be LG. Already bought 2, so only need to buy 1 more non-LG electronic/appliance and I may consider buying LG again.
Anonymous, 16 Dec 2017Customer service is country, region and user specific. A bad customer experience in one local ... moreIt doesn't make sense to stop buying samsung washing machines, samsung tv's and samsung air conditioners even if they are good products just because of a bad customer aftersales experience with an exploding Samsung Note 7, right? In a similar way, a bootlooping LG G4 should not stop you from buying an otherwise excellent, good value LG inverter refrigerator.
Anonymous, 15 Dec 2017Dead on. Great products but customer service that nightmares are made of. Last sentence pret... moreCustomer service is country, region and user specific. A bad customer experience in one local area in one region, in one country should never be used as basis for buying or avoiding an otherwise excellent product as you can always buy from a seller with good aftersales service or go to a more friendly customer service center. If all people actually do what you did after a bad customer aftersales experience, then nobody will be buying phones anymore regardless of brand.
fsh2088, 14 Dec 2017i have bad experience about this phone.. my camera glass suddenly broken and when i brought th... moreDead on. Great products but customer service that nightmares are made of. Last sentence pretty much sums up LG. It's a shame the only way to ensure you never have to deal with their awful customer service is to simply not buy their profucts.
Anonymous, 09 Dec 2017Go to the mall or market, try out both, make a decision. Everyone here will say go for the v2... moreGood answer my friend.
The best thing to do is go out and test both. Then my decision on buying.
I had my V20 for 6 months now. Loving it. And i also brought one more as spare. :))))
Anonymous, 14 Dec 2017I think custom roms can't make use of the secondary screen because it's a LG only API. So whi... moreSince August they can use the secondary screen too:
So no probs, you can have a custom ROM while still having the secondary screen.
Anonymous, 14 Dec 2017I think custom roms can't make use of the secondary screen because it's a LG only API. So whi... moreYou aren't wrong if aren't available a custom ROM specialy designed to the specific V20 features.
Rimac , 14 Dec 2017It's possible a delay and even their absence but in the last case it's possible a custom ROM i... moreI think custom roms can't make use of the secondary screen because it's a LG only API. So while there are custom roms and you can install them, your secondary screen will become dead space. Maybe I'm wrong.
Is there a setting in v20 to set the screen resolution to 1080p or 720p?? I am asking this to save some battery, you know...thanks
i have bad experience about this phone.. my camera glass suddenly broken and when i brought this phone to service center i have to pay $60, and it's not cover by warranty..
they said my phone was droped. i've read some user had the same problem (googling ) and they have to replace it by their self.
i love this phone .. but this trouble make me disappointed and i dont feel i'll use this brand for next time.. this could be the last phone of this brand..
the phone is amazing.. but after sales and service center is very very bad....
cikicikicikibum, 13 Dec 2017When will LG V20 get the Oreo Update ? Any news, folks ?It's possible a delay and even their absence but in the last case it's possible a custom ROM if don't bricked the features of the device which embodies all.
cikicikicikibum, 13 Dec 2017When will LG V20 get the Oreo Update ? Any news, folks ?Looking forward to it however delayed it may be. It will come, I'm sure of that as absolutely all android flagships get at least one to two major software updates. It's only the midrange to low est priced line that don't get any major software update unless you ownba Xiaomi which has the best OTA update support out their giving major updates and regular security patches even to their cheapest phones like the Redmi 4X.
Rexx, 12 Dec 2017Hello!! Is LG V20 Supports OTG?? Pls advise thanksI can't confirm OTG capability with flash drives because I have lost the USB C OTG cable that comes with my V20. The micro USB OTG cable that I do have doesn't work with a micro usb to USB C adapter.