Fingers crossed, has everything i want in my next phone. Hope production units are slightly better in Camera department(post processing at least), cause early samples from various hands on are not so much impressive. I'm glad they kept 3.5 mm intact and they are even making it better.
Every single spec is perfect, except for the 5 megapixel f/2.2, LG, for such an overpriced smartphone you left out one of the most important aspects of the phone which is the Selfie camera.
Galaxy Note 8 with 8 MP, f/1.7, autofocus, and Auto HDR, and you give us this shit 5 MP, f/2.2, you must be kidding me right? Right??
Even tho the V30 is a well made device...LG could have done better than 3300mAh on the battery capacity front. Just compare that with the rumored 4400mAh+ battery capacity of the Mi Mix 2 and i suspect at least the huge 4000mAh+ capacity of Mate 10????
Battery battery battery...is a key selling point for me and i suspect many many more buyers out there. Second is a 16:9AR full screen with minimal bezels coupled with all the top specs of 2017. The Pxel 2XL will probably look like the V30 to some extent, so curious to see what's in-store with the Mate 10 and Mi Mix 2.
Selfie Camera Suck.
No Removable Batteries.
No Stereo Speakers.
AnonD-675556, 05 Sep 2017I now owe a V10. Jumping to the V30, I am not really satisfied and I see much more steps back ... moreWell said and pointed all, but LG also goes to the same stream as the other companies and according to the majority of the customers claims, unfortunately.
AnonD-696861, 02 Sep 2017No Galileo GPS support?I was also expecting Galileo GPS support on the V30, i'm not so worried about the IR port of FM radio, but Galileo is supposed to be the best GPS network for Europe and it's only getting better by the time all satellites are up and operational. I'm already using my phone as car/walking GPS wherever i travel, and i do have to say i've heard Galileo makes a huge difference in most places where regular GPS signal is weak or lost, not only by accuracy but also by signal strength and battery usage.
Anyone knows if extra GPS functions like this can come as firmware or they actually need a physical component present in the phone ?
I now owe a V10. Jumping to the V30, I am not really satisfied and I see much more steps back than forward. Why do I think so?
The cons for me are:
- smaller screen in total: width is smaller (6,8cm vs 7,1 cm) height is the same including the second screen (13,6 cm); I expected a much bigger screen without changing the phone width and height (OK, I have big hands)
- removal of the second screen (thus disabling one touch application change among the last 5)
- non-removable battery (a huge step back, I had to replace the V10 battery after 15 months, which took less than a minute, and battery life was again OK)
- aspect ratio v30 (1:2) vs. V10 (1:1,77) - why? It is not better for websites, photo/video shooting nor for watching movies/youtube. Just another copy of Samsung.
- removal of the IR blaster (WHY??? It is so cool to control my TV, amp, receiver, aircon, etc with my phone...)
- removal of the FM radio - which was cool for uncovered areas
- removal of the second front camera (not a big deal)
- removal of the wonderful scratch and truly fingerprint resistant back cover
- moving the volume controls to the side (this is another thing LG was different and better in my opinion than others)
- removal of the unique design (replacing it to the iphone-ish, samsung-ish, very general design, which is something I don't find nice at all) - V10 with the metal bars on the side was something really unique
- removal of the replaceable back cover (I have a nice leather finish one with NFC and wireless charging capabilities)
- no change in the 5MP (F2.2) front camera (besides halving their numbers:-)), this is the worst part of V10, very bad quality selfies especially in the dark - a real shame
The Pros (or said to be pros)
- OLED (very good, but why no second screen???)
- 81% to 71% screen to body ratio (is it really such a big deal in terms of usability or just copying others...)
- better camera (F1.6, OIS, a great step ahead, although I was satisfied with the V10 pictures and manual options)
- better CPU - obviously after 2 years
- water resistance - I still don't think I will take my phone when I swim
- second back camera (not a big deal)
- lighter weight
- 10% more battery capacity (I really expected more)
No change (in my view)
- audio (I understand that numbers show the quality is better, but V10 has already a very good quality, no hearable difference for V30 with my devices and ears; V10 is far better than any mobile device I listened music on, so is V30)
- resolution - no visible change, cca 8% more pixels on V30 (4,1M) vs V10 (3.9M)
- RAM size - a shame, my V10 has 4 GB/64GB onboard, no steps ahead in 2 years... (I know V30+ has 128GB)
- wireless charging (I used it since day 1 with a $5 sticker, it did not make the phone thicker)
- MIL-STD-810G compliant - shock resistance - It is very hard to believe V30 has the same resistance with its glass background even if 5 gorillas are protecting it. V10 has a nice finish plastic back cover which can also be replaced with a leather cover - keeping NFC & wireless charging capabilities
- video settings and photo settings - no difference at all (other than a nice software zoom and some coloring options)
- Android Nougat on both (which is quite OK)
- fingerprint sensor size and location
- quick charger included (3.0 vs. 2.0 - not a dealbreaker)
chap1, 04 Sep 2017sorry samsung fans,but now lg v30 has better screen-well,it was about time since lg produce th... moreNope, Galaxy Note 8 has the best screen & display in a smartphone now, that what DisplayMate expert said.
AnonD-693137, 04 Sep 2017The LG V30 looks like a decent phone but why the poor front facing camera in a world full of p... more5mp is the most pixels that they can pack to a front wide-angle camera. Just take a look at other front wide-angle cameras
AnonD-472515, 04 Sep 2017This should be perfect phone but why front cam only 5mp...but still ok can choose note 8 for b... moreBecause 5mp is the most pixels that LG can put if they want to put a wide-angle feature on it
Just take a look at other LG phones with such feature
What am I excited about is the screen which technology and manufacturing techniques is made by LG and not from samsung. If the OLED Television of LG is the best in the world then their OLED phones are nothing less.
This should be perfect phone but why front cam only 5mp...but still ok can choose note 8 for better front camera
Why has LG been degrading their flagship's sensor?
imx234，then imx298，then imx214，and now we have a even weaker imx351?Come on.
If the v 30 phone don't have fm radio.no use of buy this phone.why must use data radio.
Lg g5 best phone.everything got.notification light.fm radio.extra battery.
G6 good phone but don't have notification lights.
I love notification lights.night time light miss call
Green blue.red. other call orange.purple white can throw.