Dear users: i m using this phon from 5months ...and changes phons every twice a month but i stucked to this phon very from the day i purchased it...this phon is very good in the terms of price value and quality it delivers... But you always need to upgrade software updates regularly...to avoid bugs and software gliches..
Just bought Meizu M2 Note international edition yesterday,
So far, i have encountered several bugs for :
1. the google play store (everytime you type certain keys e.g. W or F, play store will automatically close without any error messages), it is resolved by upgrading :
- the firmware to the latest version which is Flyme OS 18.104.22.168I (you can download it in http://www.flymeos.com/firmwarelist?modelId=3&type=1) and
- the google playstore to its latest version
2, The preinstalled gallery apps cannot find pictures in your sd card except the one stored in 'DCIM' folder. Some apps that refer to the gallery apps cannot access your pictures and video in SD card, for example LINE messaging photo and video attachment. I just have to install another gallery app to solve this.
3. You cannot open google now by press and hold the home button (in meizu it will lock your phone). So the only way to open google now is to click the apps or activate the 'Ok Google' detection. CMIIW.
Besides all those bugs, so far i like it so much, it does not lag compared to my previous LG G3, and Flyme's features really help me a lot in the transition from LG G3.
Pros for me:
- 4G LTE is supported,
- Sharp 5.5" Full HD Display in this price range,
- Smooth and lag free UI,
- Longer battery life compared to my G3,
- Fast charging with 2Amp,
- Good signal reception,
- Camera quality is quite good for this price range, 5MP front camera and 13MP rear camera,
- Music quality is good using my headset and Dirac HD settings,
- Home and back button combined into one simpler and innovative Mback button, have to give it some time to get used to it though,
- Flyme OS international edition comes with no bloatware only some system apps from Flyme such as security, memo, video, gallery, music, calculator, clock, SMS, and google apps (maps and play store),
- Smart Wakeup Gesture (Double Knock like G3 really helps me a lot as i am used to it),
- Smart Touch (I set it to lock the screen when it's tapped twice like G3),
Cons for me:
- No OIS for the camera , your hand must be stable when taking photo, else it will be blurry,
- Speaker quality of the phone is not clear and powerful enough for music playback,
- It uses Hybrid SIM system which means you have to choose Dual SIM or one SIM with SD Card.
IMO, this phone is one of the best right now for this particular price range 140 USD. If you don't mind learning new ways to operate android, get this phone.
FYI, i don't use it to play games.
tei, 03 Feb 2016I have it for 3 months and today the home button diedÂ—it doesn't give the option for turning ... morereally? I have it for 3 months too but mine is in good condition.how do use ur home button? Lol just curious. Anyway u can use smart touch as home button.
i am trying to open my vault but it is showing one msg 'initilization of vault is complete ' wt should i do?
i cant find the Flyme account in Settings>account. How can I find it and where? I need a reply asap. Thank you.
I purchased the meizu m2 note on october t was working nice. But from last 15 days home button is not working properly. If i touch the home button it will take back but if i press the same than also it will go back, it wont go exit. can you solve this problem please?...............
Why does my meizu m2 note didnt read my 16gb sd card.. is there a option that i have to do to activate its feature..
Itz a good phone especially the battery gets no problem. I rooted it and uninstalled flyme launcher and some chinese apps. Nova launcher is now on it and pretty well working. Itz a slick. Never thought a little over hundred bucks worth phone can work fast as more expensive ones in market.