Anonymous, 23 Dec 2011You can get the GS2 for 400 euros? Congrats. You can get this for 300 euros. lol. The GS2 does... moreYou keep barking one stupid argument after another! Has Samsung been found guilty by a court of law and ordered to pay conpensation to Apple for copying their products?....No! There were some temporary bannes on Galaxy products but all of the decisions were overturned in Samsung's favour! And Apple will lose in the end!
Anonymous, 19 Dec 20111) You made it sound like you thought it could be priced near the GS2 which is wrong. 2) Ther... moreLet me enlighten you on another matter that you don't know....You can get a SG2 with 350€ throught very legal means.....You think that Vodafone,Cosmote,Orange and the other worldwide networks just go to Samsung and order 1000 SG2 units like you order from a restaurant? No! That is the distributers job! There are companyes who have contracts with the manufacturers and are their legal representatives in that country....they buy the phones and then sell them to carriers!.....The prices are 30-40% bellow the prices that the carriers sell them to clients!...The thing is that a private person can't buy from them....you have to be a registered economic agent to buy....And I have such friends!....You don't know enything about the tricks in the mobile business!...
Anonymous, 23 Dec 2011You can get the GS2 for 400 euros? Congrats. You can get this for 300 euros. lol. The GS2 does... moreQuote....."the cheapest i've seen SG2 is 530$".....Now you changed your mind and realised you can get it much cheaper?.....Are you living in a third world country and Ebay is banned out there?....That would explain how you don't realise that there is a gray market out there?..Don't know what it means?...Let me explain it in simple terms so you understand....There are sites that throught obscure ways manage to purchase phones at a very low price and can afford to sell it below their market value and still make proffit!....As for the iphonish look.....are you visually chalanged or simply you're not a very bright boy?....I would place my bet on option two....The thing is just an iphone clone....!.....
they did not give all specs as sgs2 cause cina is no 1 in population,and they cannot overdose everyboby.
Sun, 23 Dec 2011You can get a SG2 for 400€....And without searching too much! In my country it's price in off... moreYou can get the GS2 for 400 euros? Congrats. You can get this for 300 euros. lol. The GS2 does NOT go for 350 euros on any online store. Period. This thing doesn't look like an iphone anymore than the GS2 and you know it. To claim otherwise is lunacy and bias.
Looks as good as an iphone, and works as good as an s2 + cheaper then both!! Me gusta!!
Phone looks good as well as the specs. Just make sure software update are made available as frequent as possible. Body material wise, make sure that they are the best quality. In case your phone sells like hot cakes, think about the design, design something different or APPLE will be after your back. Remember this comment.
it;s a real copy of iPhone 4/4S
apple should stop it's selling and producing before any work they have!
Huawey and ZTE have proved that the chinese companies are able to produce decent phones without copying more from others than the famous brands do .....I can't understand why Meizu choose this Iphonish look instead of going for a more conservative look!...
Anonymous, 18 Dec 2011You absolutely CANNOT get a GS2 for the same price bud. Not to mention Meizu products are very... moreYou can get a SG2 for 400€....And without searching too much! In my country it's price in official stores is around 420€ for an unlocked device,while on the gray market(online stores) and phone dealers is around 350€.I thunk the same goes with many other countries....Remember that SG2 is not a new product....As for this this phone I doubt that it will be launched outside China....to say that it resembles Iphone would be an understatement......Apple this time would have every right to sue them! And even if by some miracle Meizu would evade the legal issues and launch it outside China,in this price range it would have to compete against the middle-upper end phones of the established brands!...Do you think costumers would choose Meizu against Samsung,Nokia,Apple,SE etc when they are evenly priced?...Joe is right...the only chance for this phone to have an impact is to be priced around 200-220€....! More than that it would not have eny succes!....
Seems great as a beginner SmartPhone manufacture. It doesn't matter whether it's Chinese or Japanese or even Bangladeshi, the matter is whether it is good or not. ;)
Joe, 19 Dec 2011Reply to Anon who wrote 3 different posts as a reply to my post (didn't want to do the same):
... more1) You made it sound like you thought it could be priced near the GS2 which is wrong.
2) There were some bugs but Meizu provided support unlike companies like Samsung and LG..
3) Again pretty big assumptions.
4) You don't understand the main Chinese smartphone companies (or even the MP3 player companies of past). They develop for nerds and put in loads of customization options for that reason. They do not go for simplicity or mass market.
Wait till people reviews it...
1) Meizu claims the Exynos 4210 in it runs 1.4GHz, but review units are locked at 1GHz... they did provide a new kernel to let the CPU runs faster, but that is provided u set the phone at "Performance" mode... reviews show that it runs noticably hotter and shorter battery life @ 1.4GHz...
2) Meizu has not been good at customizing Android after so many years, even among the Chinese community
between this and MIUI's Xiaomi, i rather get the latter...
Reply to Anon who wrote 3 different posts as a reply to my post (didn't want to do the same):
1) You missunderstood something I said about pricing, not sure what.
2) Before you start talking about reliability of a product do some searching and see that it took Meizu a year of software updating to get it to work properly on their last phone. That's on par with LG.
3) The price you mentioned, 400$ (300€) is the price in Hong Kong. In mainland China it's 470$. If it remains at 400$/300€ when it reaches EU/US I will seriously consider buying it myself as I need a new phone but I highly doubt it and expect the price to be more around the China value if not higher and in that case it's much more viable to buy something proven and similar in specs like the SGS2 for about the same amount.
4) I doubt a company markets a product to "gadget nerds". I'm fully aware of the specifications of this phone and if the pricing is right (same price like in Hong Kong or cheaper) this could be one of the bestsellers of 2012.
Joe, 16 Dec 2011No one will give 400€ for an unknown and unproven brand that is on top of that Chinese regardl... moreOh and by the way, this phone uses a lot of the same components that the GS2 uses (amusingly) like the Exynos. The gadget nerds that actually take a look at this thing likely won't give a damn if it's "Chinese" or not unlike yourself.
Joe, 16 Dec 2011No one will give 400€ for an unknown and unproven brand that is on top of that Chinese regardl... moreBy the way, this is $400 US off contract $400 US. The cheapest I've seen the GS2 at is $530 US. This is one of the best smartphone deals to come out in a long time.