At an event held in Beijing, Meizu today announced its new series of flagship devices, the Meizu Pro, and the first phone to be launched under the new series is the Meizu Pro 5. We were able to witness the whole thing in person and here comes our scoop of the event.
The Pro 5 represents the very best of what Meizu has to offer right now in terms of both hardware and software. It has a unibody aluminum design, a 5.7-inch FullHD display, an octa-core Samsung Exynos 7420 chipset, a 21 megapixel camera with phase detection and laser autofocus, a fingerprint sensor, and a reversible USB Type-C port.
Meizu Pro 5 at a glance:
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 78 x 7.5 mm, 168g;
- Display: 5.7-inch AMOLED display, 1920x1080px, 386ppi;
- Chipset: Samsung Exynos 7420 chipset with a 64-bit 14nm octa-core (A57+A53) CPU, Mali-T760 MP8 GPU, 3GB or 4GB LPDDR4 RAM;
- OS: Android 5.1 Lollipop; Flyme 5.0
- Main camera: 21MP Sony IMX230 Exmor RS sensor with phase detection and laser auto-focus; dual-tone dual-LED flash; 2160p video recording;
- Selfie camera: 5MP fixed-focus camera, 1080p video recording;
- Storage options: 32GB UFS 2.0 flash storage (3GB RAM) and 64GB UFS 2.0 flash storage (4GB RAM); microSD expansion available on the second SIM slot;
- Connectivity: Cat. 6 LTE (300Mbps down, 50Mbps up), Dual-SIM, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.1; USB Type-C 1.0 reversible connector;
- Misc: Fingerprint sensor; 3,050mAh battery; Fast charging support (mCharge 2.0);
As you can see, the specs list is long and Meizu is definitely shooting high with this one.
Join us on the next page where we'll show you what the Meizu Pro 5 looks and feels like.