It is ok but not good - at the same time want can you get in 14k - so it is quite a deal. The phone hangs some time and cannot perform how a quad core should be.
Firstly a Hearty Congratulation to Micromax for Coming Up in indian Market wth the Best Quality Compared to The price its Sold For, but Alas i really regret to say that the Brand is Being Japordised by retailors as well as Micromax itself, Retailers Want 2k to 2.5k more than the manufacturing price as the Phones are not available in the Market. cant puchase online tried Flipcart as well as Snapdeal and all i get is Sold out for Canvas A110 and A116 not visible itself.
I Mean the Company already Knws it is Launching a Competative Product in the Market against sm good brands and already getting a Lot of responce from people, i mean why the production is So low that the Consumer has to shell out extra if MMX really want to live upto its brand i suggest you meet the market Demand ASAP as many of the Consumers will have to make a Second Chose wth other Brands even when they have been eagerly witing for the product like myself i have been waiting for the MMX A116 for the last 1 and half month and its is no where to be Found NOT ONLINE Not in any of the Shops as well and the Shopowners are Blantly asking for 16.5K i mean its a Ripoff MMX has priced the product for RS 13990 and they want a Whopping 2.5 k extra for WHAT?
Its Cheating your Customers MMX i really respect the Company as its Indian Brand and Hope MMX will Do something to Clean up the S@#T on its brand name now, Thanx
Purchase, 21 Feb 2013Hi ... I am from Nagpur, Maharashtra.. I want to purchase canvas HD.... i checked in many reta... moreYeah it is an Indian product.. It was an awesome mobile I just got 2 days back.. shopkeepers tell anything for their sales,,bcoz it is a low cost and best mobile ever..
Vijay cbk, 21 Feb 2013Sanju,1 month is too much,i dont think this phone will be soon available in the outlets.its too late thn u can cum to hydrabad nd go to jagdish market to buy canvas hd aisa largest mobile market in hydrabad so u can get any phone here if u cnt wait cum here and buy yrrrrrrrrrrrrr
some one who has the phone pls post a detailed experience of the battery back up
Purchase, 21 Feb 2013Hi ... I am from Nagpur, Maharashtra.. I want to purchase canvas HD.... i checked in many reta... morei am from hyd hey its nt truth u can buy the phone canvas hd its nt chaina product the industury is in chaina so they say like it nd canvas hd is latest smart phone u cn buy the phn it has latest features nd supports all latest android versons like nexus mobiles and cost is much less thn all phones and its not avibale in market bets i has a huge demand on 1st week thorow online 16lacks phones are booked so we cnt see the phone in market but in next month u can see the phones in the markets its the best phones i hv compared all phones with canvas hd its the best one in the market
I bought this MMX A116 phone on 15th, Its really awesome and mind blowing experience. MMX is breaking the records
go for it if you are okey to wait 1 month.
camera is of no good quality,several software errors are there.total built quality is poor.
after sale service is msrable
Purchase, 21 Feb 2013Hi ... I am from Nagpur, Maharashtra.. I want to purchase canvas HD.... i checked in many reta... morei have micromax a70 which is working flawlessly from 2 years.. shopkeeper usually tell lies to sell what they have in stock or what brings them more profit.. micromax a110 and a116 have huge demand thats why they become out of stock within day.. a116 not even launched to retail market and they are saying they dont put it in stock because it gives probems lol wtf...
nik, 21 Feb 2013mmx dont be apple of indian market its indian craud it changes its colour so fast if u cant su... moreI agree.. this is jerk way of business..just wait in 7-10 days..u will also get Canvas HD @ 16-17k
Dear all, I have a question about the micromax canvas HD. I am planning to buy this phone. But I wanted to know if it supports whatssapp and Hike chatting services. I'm a little unsure of this, as in the other Micromax phones I have noticed that it doesn't support whatssapp. Plz let me know soon. I wanted to book it on 25feb atleast. Thank You.
there are some user like nik and jaaga continuously telling negative things .are they paid by someone.usually user will post two or three opinion but they are doing since three days
Of course, companies like Karbonn and Micromax are a joke. They price it lower because they just rebrand Chinese models. You can get it cheaper if you directly import these models from China. Don't believe me? Why don't you search for Beidou Chi? Isn't that Micromax Canvas 2? Get it for $100-150, rather than paying Rs.11000. Other reputed companies manufacture their phones and have much better quality. Hence they are costlier
Hi ... I am from Nagpur, Maharashtra.. I want to purchase canvas HD.... i checked in many retailers...but this mobile is not available...aslo A110 is not available in shops....Shopkeepers say it is a chinese product and gives lot of problems ...hence they do not stock these mobiles.....Is it true that it is china mobile? ..... I was thinking that it id an Indian product.... What is the truth guys???????
KSB, 21 Feb 2013samsung phones are also manufactured in china for those who are screaming china china china...... moreManufacturing and design are both different things.....Sony,Samsung,Nokia design phones in their R & D centres... mobiles are assembled in China..... In case of indian companies we don't have our own design... we get phone designed and manufactured in china....
Canvas series is more awesome than samsung galaxy series i hv experienced a lot about android phones in past .... its just kills of thinking going to service center but No ... still i hv no issues with my canvas 2 like hang , restart or etc which i remember i had in my galaxy ace ....
i m also a true user who used to had a branded phone but when i took a risk and bought mmx canvas 2 and i m more than happy with its snappy fast performance and good battery backup compare to ace ....
I am using this Device from 17th Jan. If you compare a 14K Budget model to 30-35K model.. I can list out 100 differences going through each & every hardware & software part.
Below are my comments for 5 compromises which the Author thinks you should be aware of.
1) Build Quality - No other model in this price segment can be compared with MMX A116. Get any model of any company under 15K & Micromax A116 clearly wins. All other models under 15K are way behind in terms of Build Quality.
2) Camera Quality - Quality is far superior than any other 20K budget phone. Normally we buy a camera phone to capture happy moments of our friends & family. For personal use the camera quality is really far superior.
3) Possible Software Glitches - I have not faced any such glitches but have heard(read) people having calibration problems & above mentioned error after installing flipboard. For calibration we already have solution. Let me mention here, this device has not lagged/hanged even a single time for me & for many others.
4) After Sales Service : The only complaint I have with Micromax but now after selling 10-14K budget Smartphones they have started improving it. Previously Micromax used to sell 3-6 K budget phones & thus had similar after sales & services. Now they have started selling > 10K phones & they have started improving their services. Last I heard(read) a guy had gone to service center with A110 & got his mobile back in 3 days. Previously Micromax used to send these devices to OEM companies for after sales services & thus used to take time. Now they have started training their internal staff for Canvas series though replacements would still take time. Let's give them a chance.
5) Availability: This will not be termed as Compromise because when you buy a product then you compromise. The demand is huge because there's a reason. Tell me last time when you have heard that a smartphone is getting launched & more than 1000 people are waiting for it at 12 AM in the night to book it. (I think it was only for Nexus)
Overall & personally, I would rate this device 10/10 depending upon my needs but this would differ from person to person