AnonD-94981, 25 Jan 2013What a detailed review, great analyst you areThanks a lot fr ur compliment dude.....
AnonD-105185, 25 Jan 2013From where can i order or book this phone? pls help...Hi dude,
As I mentioned previously the pre booking fr this hand set wll start from 26/01/2013 onwards. It wll available in all leading stores of the city. U can check any of ur nearest leading mobile dealer. Also U can pre book it through online according to the availability.
This is the best spec's till now from an indian company.
Micromax i wish you all happy newyear with top grossing's.
I will buy this canvas 116 HD,shall recommend to others also.
I am using micromax a110 canvas 2 for 2 months now , the experience with this is just awesome , positives and negatives according to experience
+ awesome screen resolution and brightness.
+ never has hanged till now though i play a lot of graphic intensive games .
+ runs android ics smoothly.
+ camera is very nice , not the best .
+ touch is smooth.
- not at all recommended for music lovers , neither a good speaker nor has a nice sound output( i have tried very good quality ear plugs also but no good ).
- battery support is less , easily drains in a day.(But this is the same story for every smart phone)
-camera at night is not great . the images give a shaky effect indoors.
i think it is very good than note so i am going to buy this . When it hit market.
Designed is great, look's premium,
hardware features in par with gs3/Nexus 4.
Main weakness is only dual band GSM and mono band 3G + very low inbuilt memory for HD gamers.
Hi guyzzz. As from ur posts I got sme questions to which I would like to give answer.
1) Battery: In this point MMX A116 HD having 2100mah battery. Sme guyz want 2 knw whether it wll last long or nt. Actually the chip set designed such a way 2 save energy. Frm tht four cores one core is fr power saving. So U can assume whether it wll give u 2 a good battery life or nt.
2) Display: It is having 720 x 1280 pixels and 294 pixel density, tht meas HD. Also thy used IPS display which performed well. So in this point of view I dnt v any issues. Its rocking.
3) Video Recording n Playing: Here we can hope for 1080p on both Video recording and playing. Bt thing is tht whether MMX unlocked tht part or nt. Bcoz the MTK MT6589 chip set supports Full HD playback and recording i.e 1080p. So this thing depends upon MMX whether thy enabled tht part or nt. If it enabled thn we wll v 1080p on both point. U can check in canvas A110 it can play 720p as well as able to record also. Bt in specification part it was nt mentioned. Sme guyz can able to play 1080p also (frm the comments). So if we are gng on this platform the A116 HD is capable for Full HD means 1080p.
4) Chip Set: This segment really means a lot. And frm my point of view MMX 116 HD is nt bad. If sme guyz cant say best also wrong to say bad. It is really very good CPU. U can check the specifications of MTK MT6589 chip set. Also the GPU is SGX 544 GPU, which is more powerful thn the previous one. For more details U can follow the below link
4) Connectivity: Here I can only to say about the SIM which is dual. Actually it is with dual SIM and dual Standby. Means if U r busy with one number on the same time u r able to get call on the another. So it is really good. Also we can use OTG cable for this hand set.
5) OS: Nothing to say about the OS bcoz frm right away frm d box we wll get 4.1.1 Jelly Bean which is upgradeable to 4.2 latter on.So no worries fr d OS updation. This thing cleared from MMX.
6) Availability: As per MMX it wll heat commercial market February first week and the pre booking wll start from January 26 onwards. About the price most of d sites thy mentioned Rs14999/- , bt mostly it wll cme with a price tag of Rs 13000/- (Hope so, nt sure).
But finally we can say one thing tht "WAIT". After it heating the commercial market we can only able to knw about the hidden features as well as the lagging parts of d hand set. More over we can say it is really a smart step taken by Micromax to handle the current smart phone market. If thy r gng in this way really we can hope a good battle among the smart phone maker giants.
The A116’s MediaTek MT6589 quad-core processor clocked at 1.2GHz is more than capable of delivering a smooth, lag-free experience. Plus, it runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, which has Project Butter at its core. The PowerVR Series5XT GPU is known to be highly efficient and will handle graphics acceleration duties. Another big point in favour of the Micromax handset is the 5-inch IPS display with 1280 x 720 resolution, which means a pixel density of 294ppi. More importantly, the A116 is touted to be sold for under Rs 15,000, which is a fantastic price for the specs.
Looking at the flipside, the Micromax only comes with 4GB onboard storage. Even though it is possible to expand this thanks to the microSD slot, it supports cards only up to 32GB. The front-facing camera of the A116 can shoot only VGA (640 x 480) resolution, when most phones these days have front cams capable of shooting 720p at least. The 2000 mAh battery might not be enough to keep up with the quad-core processor, even though the MediaTek processor uses a 28nm manufacturing process.
Another worry is the lack of past updates by the company. Instead, its standard practice is to release a new handset with the latest OS. Possibly the biggest pain point for Micromax and its customers is the lack of good after-sales service. Despite being an established manufacturer in India, this is one of the biggest complaints by past customers.
Anonymous, 24 Jan 2013I think the quad core cortex A7 processer of this device simply just performes like an dual co... moreMicromax canvas hd uses a PowerVR Series 5XT GPU and it performs really well even beats my Xperia s gpu. Gpu of micromax a116 scores 42 to 45 fps in nena mark 2 test my Xperia s scores about 35 fps.I would like to say that micromax is offering a monster gpu for such a price. Micromax phone is compared a lot with Samsung galaxy grand but it uses broadcom cpu and a integrated videocore 4 gpu produced by broadcom which is a piece of shit.
AnonD-105118, 25 Jan 2013Which camera and audio quality is the best between Canvas A116 or A90??My friend has A90s and I have used it too so I can confirm that A90S is much much better than A110 and dont know about A90. Not sure about A116 as its not out yet. Go for A90s its way much better than the CANVAS 2 in camera as well as Music.