I'm the owner of Micromax Canvas 4 A210. I purchased this phone On 19 August 2013 for 17,500. Let me share my experience so that you may consider it owing or not. Needless to say, I researched very well for 7 days and made a wise decision to buy this one.
Some websites are listing this phone's color as Black instead of Grey, soo misleading. There are only 2 colors Grey and White. On the product box it says Grey. Would be more happy if they (micormax) released this phone in Black. No issue with Grey. Its acceptable to me.
It has only 3 sensors, Accelerometer, proximity sensor and light sensor. There is no magnetic sensor/compass (its not at all needed unless someone is sailor or migrates in jungle to find the directions). I don't regret if it does not have magnetic sensor as I read in blogs that, many times this sensor points out wrong direction disturbed by some magnetic field or any metal area.
1 GB ram is present but only around 971 MB is available which is normal with every 1 GB Ram phone.
Screen is said to be made of Gorilla Glass version 1 which no other phone at this price offers. I do not know how to check if its really Gorilla Glass. This Smartphone comes with flip cover and i personally prefer not to use it as I like the naked smartphone, very convenient to use and not a single scratch on the display found.
Back Camera is not much good which claims to be 13MP. I compared with Samsung S4, I can say it is 75% of S4's quality. My friends who are user of Galaxy grand says canvas 4's camera is awesome. The best part is, it has 5MP camera on front and if you use an app called 'Mirror', I assure you that you'll feel as thought you are seeing in a clear mirror. Too good front camera and no other phone offers 5MP front camera, even S4 won't offer! Overall camera is good.
It has 2 mics, one is dedicated for Active noise cancellation. This information is no where mentioned in specification section of GSMarena. (Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic)
Micromax could have provided much better battery. With all features ON, you'll certainly drain the battery. I feel smartphone like this must have 3000mah battery. Its only 2000mah. I can't comment on battery much as it depends on your usage. I'm satisfied with the battery.
1. 5MP camera on front.
2. This smartphones body has an aluminium rim around the body. One of my friend who is HTC one user loves this feature but you'll get a little body tolerable/harmless electric shock if you do not have proper electrical earthing in your house and you are naked foot and connect it to your USB of PC. So when you connect USB cable to phone via PC, wear slippers or only sit on the chair without touching feet to ground. I do not have electrical earthing in my house, so I have to stay with this negligible shock, not an issue with shock.
3. Charging cable and earphones are 'Tangle-free'.
4. Once it accidentally fell from my hand (2 feet), fell with screen upside, no change in phones performance.
Issues found till now:
1. I installed around 200 apps, very few times phone lags. Actually, I'm a power user of this phone. I always run and test various apps so that may cause lag but I'm sure normal user will not face any lag issue. I also rooted my phone successfully, awesome.
2. I found few dust particles inside the screen, I once blew in the earphones socket, that may have caused this.
Need your help from micromax canvas 4 user:
1. Please enable the automatic brightness in the phone and install an app called 'Proximity Actions' from play store and open the app proximity actions and set the wave actions to lock the screen and wake up and see if it is working. In my case, it works only when auto brightness is turned off. Just want to check if you're having the same issue. Please inform me at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Waiting for 4.3 update
Battery backup is nice but focus of camera is not good while taking pics
as, 22 Dec 2013is this phone support otg cable ????????Yes it supports our cable
I have checked and can connect mouse,pendrive & other mobiles through USB cable
sdf, 21 Dec 2013hey guys the model of a117 is better than canvas 4 because advantages of canvas 4 is only int... moreThanx a lot buddy. i am very confused between micromax magnus and micromax canvas 4. thanx for giving tip friend.....
Its a china phone.. named micromax.. nothing to do with india other than the name micromax. Battery back up is too low; suddenly phones speaker stopped working ysterday. now i cant get any rings or music on speaker.. its really bad...
Frnds mmx phns dsnt hv wifi direct to share files!
for file sharing dwnld superbeam
or software data cable
or flash transfer!
and share files thru it with a speed of 5-10 mbps to any othr device hving same s/w downloaded!
it use wifi hotspot for file sharing!
hey guys the model of a117 is better than canvas 4
because advantages of canvas 4 is only internal memory is 16 gb otherwise
in canvas magnus a117 having a very good and fast turbo processer 1.5 ghz
and benchmark scores are
canvas 4 vs magnus
antutu -13400 , 16500 (both maximum values)
quadrent - 4048, 4800
nenamark 2 - 46.1 , 55.7
vellamo - 1477, 1688
and price also very less to compare the canvas 4
and primeium look also very good to compare the canvas 4
because of the only one reason that a huge generation gap between the two phones
and micromax stop the using of 1.2 ghz processer they will use 1.5 ghz turbo processer on their next phones
so may canvas 4 and hd are not receving the further updates in the future so better to go on canvas magnus or canvas turbo
Flash transfer app is not properly running on my canvas 4. does this app needed 2 or more same mobile ???
or my cell have some problem ????
can we use internet on both the sims.i mean can we activate internet on both sims at the same time
Ya guys canvas 4 is nice.....
Gaming,clearity,touchexperience is suberb
Everything is cool nd excellent.......
Bt i find only two things r very dissapponting in this smartphone which are camera,battery backup....
Anonymous, 20 Dec 2013phone is very good but once it go to service center they do experiment on it and just forget y... moreU r right and the same problem with Samsung also . I face this problems with both companies.
Try this time Sony xperia c .
i want to buy a phone in the range of 18000-20000 plz help me which one is better, canvas4, sony experia c, or samsung grand. plzzzz reply
phone is very good but once it go to service center they do experiment on it and just forget your phone for 1 month... so when purchasing micromax product just cross your finger... And wish that it don't have any manufacturing fault..
-from a canvas 4 user
viper kr, 19 Dec 2013canvas 4 or turbo ? hich 1 is d best plz hlp meNice.awesome...
viper kr, 19 Dec 2013canvas 4 or turbo ? hich 1 is d best plz hlp meturbo