ab, 27 Nov 2014wat about battery for a 5 inch screen It has 1905MAh battery.. its sufficient to run 5" handset as The OS doesnt use up much battery
AnonD-328356, 27 Nov 2014It has lumia camera or nokia camera??Lumia Camera is Nokia Camera.. Microsoft just renamed nokia camera thats all!
AnonD-332786, 27 Nov 2014you will notice the lag with the same spec on android.But Android phones give greater specs at the same price.
I have some quiries:
Does this phone allow unlimited background downloading through uc browser and that too without wifi??
Is video sharing through Bluetooth allowed?
Updating the phone without wifi allowed?(offcourse using data connection)
Is it capable of playing video formats other than .mp4?
Can we see file details like size, storage location etc like android os allows it?
Can we store the apps on our sd card??
I have used windows 8.0 and faced these basic problems and using an android right now but still my heart reaches out for nokia and windows...i would buy a windows smartphone again if these basic issues are fixed!
plz do reply if someone is aware about the new updates to windows.
Well I have been reading lots of comments here. Lets get a few things clear..
(1) Windows store has a app called "Files" using which browsing files, creating folders, sharing them and looking at the file size is possible. Its a great app!
(2) 480p recording isn't so bad at all! I used a lumia 530 to record 480p and checked it on my lappy.. it was fine! no doubt its good because of the camera sensors.
(3) Low ppi is just a excuse not to buy the phone! Samsung Galaxy Core Prime has only 207ppi! :D you can check specs of other phones too!
(4) Lumias do have free video player! namely Moliplayer.. not the pro version...
TO download: Go to settings and change your region to CHINA. Restart the phone. Go to Store and download MOLIPLAYER. It plays 720p videos on lumia 530 like butter... Just change to SW mode
(5) Windows OS consumes less battery than android. So 1905mAh is sufficient to run a 5" screen.
(6) Bluetooth and Whatsapp are able to send ALL TYPES of Files.
(7) While comparing to Lumia 730 remember that it costs 99$(6000INR) more... So its obvious to be BETTER!
(8) Regarding the price, i think its standard! because build quality matters.. i would not prefer Microsoft to sacrifice Lumia's build quality! At this price, its a great phone!
(9)Snapdragon 200 is a standard processor and its able to play games without lag on lumia 530! So it should be able to play better here!
(10) in case you guys wanna compare with Redmi! I don't seriously trust these companies and their built... They already have a Spying issue on their head... i dont understand whats the need to send user data to Beijing Cloud...
Madhanvignesh, 27 Nov 2014Is it possibl 2 play 1080p video?Yes you can play 1080p videos... Use MoliPlayer App to Play
math, 26 Nov 2014microsoft need to be competitive developing app is not a joke it takes huge time i know that t... moreI understand your point but you cannot say microsoft don't have their interest wp.. wp os is growing at fastest speed according to tech media..
android takes 7 yrs to reach here but look at wp it 90% mature within 3yrs.. you cannot neglect this. whole process takes time.. W10 for phones is coming to set another benchmark.
so you cannot say microsoft neglecting their own platform.
about app development it is very critical stage now for wp os.. microsoft personally can't do anything here.. its totally matter of worldwide devs... but most of apps available on wp store now n more n more are coming.. devs also slowly attracting toward wp os. slowly.
yes xbox misic n video apps are crap after wp8.1 update but they improved it with every update. yes they really improved these apps performance. atleast 50% n they continuously improving it.
who knows what wp10 brings.. w10 is very big update n microsoft changing lots of things new IE12, new office touch, hoping new xbox music n videos app with native mkv n flaac support n alot more things..
microsoft totally concentrating on w10 development now.
I think this phone is good to use. all things are better . and the main . I'll buy this. this is good to me.
rikki, 26 Nov 2014I am planning to buy this ! Shall I or not ? And if not then what would be better option ?It depends. If you want a low-end however quiet good phone, it worth it. And also if you like the OS.
However the Motorola Moto G or Moto E is also a good option to choose, if you prefer Android over Windows.
My answer in this situation would be the Moto G because Android offers me more at the moment, but Microsoft is getting better and better... ! I'd give 1 more year to Microsoft to say that they have a really good-stable-compatible (Windows 10) OS with many apps in their store.
AnonD-253776, 26 Nov 2014This phone is quite good for the price you pay ...
Poor display quality
Poor camer... morePoor camera quality? Da waat?
Lumia camera 5mp does a better job than Samsung 8mp..so please just don't comment for the sake of commenting
Abdul Basith, 26 Nov 2014The cell is good to use.the display quality is good.it has a good battery life.it is better th... moreIt is not fair to say that its better than 5s. This phone doesn't even support HD video recording. This can have some features better than iPhone 5s. But on overall, its not better than 5s.
what a garbage, moto g is way way better for the same price, also lumia 730/735 is great for the price
AnonD-100814, 26 Nov 2014I understand n least agree with your opinion. yes microsoft ruined xbox music, videos apps ... moremicrosoft need to be competitive developing app is not a joke it takes huge time i know that taking lots of steps but releasing updates like that with no improvement that is where you will lose the ground check andriod players, its not about app developers its about microsoft interest they are not even interested in their os ,honestly speaking you have android and wp which one you use occasionally